General Dermatology, Medical Dermatology, Genital and Vulvar Mucosal Disorders, Lichen Sclerosus, Lichen Planus, Lichen Simplex Chronicus, Vulvar Dermatitis, Plasma Cell Vulvitis, Behcet's, Hidradenitis Suppurativa
August 2020 – Current: Diversity and Inclusion Committee, UC Irvine Department of Dermatology, Irvine, CA.
*Health Equity Certificate - Fall 2020 Healthy Equity Core Course, UC Irvine, CA.
July 2020 – Current: PDA Spring Training 2021 Program Co-Chair.
July 2019 – June 2020: PDA Executive Committee Resident Member, San Francisco CA.
May 2019 – June 2020: Chief Resident, UC Irvine Dermatology, Irvine CA.
July 2018 – June 2019: Lestonnac Dermatology Clinic Coordinator, Lestonnac Free Clinic, Orange CA.
July 2018 – June 2019: Housestaff Safety Officer, UCI Housestaff Safety Committee, Orange CA.
Gold Humanism Honor Society Award, 2019
PDA Resident Case Symposium Stipend, 2019
Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award, 2018
CalDerm Residents Forum Abstract Award, 2018
Intern of the Year, Preliminary Medicine, Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center, 2017
Magna cum laude, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2016
Pediatric Oncology Student Training Grant in Basic Science, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2013
St. Baldrick’s Foundation Summer Fellowship in Basic Science, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2013
Undergraduate Research Fellows Program Scholar, University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
Departmental Honors, University of California, Los Angeles, 2010-2011
College Honors Program, University of California, Los Angeles, 2009-2011
Summa cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles, 2009-2011
Dean’s Highest Honors, University of California, Los Angeles, 2009-2011
VULVAR DERMATOLOGY PROJECTS:
1. Sattler S, Elsensohn A, Mauskar M, Kraus C. Plasma cell vulvitis: A systematic review. IJWD (under review)
2. Crowder C, Kraus C, Jeney SE, Bernal N, Lane L. Vulvovaginal involvement in SJS/TEN: Management and techniques used to reduce gynecologic sequelae. IJD (in press)
3. Kraus C, Shiu J, Elsensohn A, Smith J. Chronic red vulvar and perianal erosions. IJWD. [Epub ahead of print].
4. Mauskar MM, Kraus C. Nonvenereal disease of the female genitalia. Moschella and Hurley’s Dermatology, 4th edition, edited by Babar Rao, MD, FAAD. (in press)
5. Wang C, Kraus CN, Patel KG, Ganesan AK, Grando SA. Real-world experience of dupilumab treatment for atopic dermatitis in adults: a retrospective analysis of patients’ records. Int J Dermatol. 2020;59(2):253-256.
6. Elsensohn AN, Valdebran M, Kraus CN, Barr R, De feraudy S. Retrospective Review of Atypical Squamous Proliferations. A response to: A diagnostic challenge: changes in histopathologic tumor diagnosis of atypical squamous proliferations after surgical removal. Dermatol Surg. 2019.
7. Carley SK, Kraus CN, Cohen JL. Nitroglycerin or not when treating impending filler necrosis? Dermatol Surg.
8. Kraus CN, Chapman LW, Korta DZ, Zachary CB. Quality of life outcomes associated with treatment of HIV facial lipoatrophy. International Journal of Dermatology. 2016;55(12):1311-1320.
9. Kont YS, Dutta A, Mallisetty A, Mathew J, Minas T, Kraus C, Dhopeshwarkar P, Kallakury B, Mitra S, & Uren, A. Depletion of tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase 2 activity enhances etoposide-mediated double-strand break formation and cell killing. DNA Repair (Amst). 2016;43:38-47.
10. Hoffman KB, Kraus C, Dimbil M, Golomb BA. A survey of the FDA’s AERS database regarding muscle and tendon events linked to the statin drug class. PLoS ONE. 2012;7(8):e42866.
11. Sandoval S, Kraus C, Cho EC, Cho M, Bies J, Manara E, Accordi B, Landaw EM, Wolff L, Pigazzi M, Sakamoto KM. Sox4 cooperates with CREB in myeloid transformation. Blood. 2012;120(1):155-65.
12. Lee KH, Carley SK, Kraus CN, Mesinkovska NA. Treatment of erosive pustular dermatosis: a systematic review of the literature. Int J Dermatol. 2020;69(7):770-786.
13. Choi F, Nguyen R, Kraus C, Kassira S, Lehmer L, Elsensohn A, Linden K. Shiu J. PD-1 and PD-L1 inhibitors in the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancer: a systematic review. JAAD. 2020;82(2):440-459.
CASE REPORTS AND CASE SERIES:
14. Duffens A, Kraus C, Elsensohn A, Shiu J, Smith J. Ichthyosiform red-brown plaques on bilateral shins. JAAD Case Rep. 2020 [Epub ahead of print].
15. Kraus CN, Smith J. Visual Dermatology: Slate Gray-Blue Nails. J Cutan Med Surg. 2020
16. Kraus CN, Smith J. Tense bullae on the hands. J Pediat. 2020
17. Doan L, Pham C, Elsensohn A, Kraus C, Binder S. Rare case of a lipomatous mixed tumor with follicular differentiation. Am J Dermatopathol. 2020;42(2):e26-e27.
18. Zachary C, Kraus CN, Kim DJ, Smith J. Painful violaceous nodules of the popliteal fossa. Sex Transm Dis. 2019;46(12):820.
19. Hosking AM, Kraus CN, Elsensohn AN, Shiu J, De feraudy S, Smith J. Ulcerated nodules in a sporotrichoid distribution. JAAD Case Rep. 2019;5(10):925-927.
20. Hedayati B, Carley SK, Kraus CN, Smith J. Arcuate pink plaques in a female with Down syndrome. Int J Dermatol. 2019;5910):925-927.
21. Kraus CN, Smith J. The many faces of penile lichen planus. Int J Dermatol. 2019;58(12):1460-1461.
22. Shwe S, Kraus CN, Linden KG, Rojek NW. Erythema multiforme in a child with Kawasaki disease. JAAD Case Rep. 2019;5(4):386-388.
23. Kraus CN, Smith J. Herpes zoster of the external ear. Int J Dermatol. Jan 2019; doi: 10.1111/ijd.14373.
24. Kraus CN, Sodha P, Vaidyanathan P, Kirkorian AY. Thyroid dermopathy and acropachy in pediatric patients. Pediatr Dermatol. 2018;35(6):e371-e374.
25. Kraus CN, Sodha P, Kirkorian AY. A child with a blistering rash. JAMA Pediatr. 2018;172(6):592-593.
26. Kraus C, Dugan E, Mauskar MM. Cutaneous horn on the penis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016;75(4):e127-e128.
27. Lee K, Kraus C, Smith J. What lengths for a lash?.Int J Dermatol. 2018;57(12):1538-1539.
28. Kraus CN, Norton SA. Of Steinbeck and sunburn. JAMA Dermatol. 2015;151(9):960.
1. Kraus C, Carley SK, Chapman L. Genital (non-venereal) conditions. Dermatology World Boards Fodder, A Publication of the American Academy of Dermatology. October 2018.
2. Kraus C, Carley SK, Chapman L. Infectious diseases of genitalia. Dermatology World Boards Fodder, A Publication of the American Academy of Dermatology. October 2018.
3. Kraus C. Understanding chronic warts. Zalea, online publication. July 2017.
The International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease, 2016-present.
Medical Dermatology Society, Member, 2019-present.
American Academy of Dermatology, Member, 2017-present.
Pacific Dermatologic Association, 2017-present.
Women’s Dermatologic Society, Member, 2017-present.
CalDerm, Resident Member, 2017-present.
Orange County Dermatologic Society, Resident Member, 2017-present.
American Medical Association, Member, 2016-present.