Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology
School of Medicine
Bachelor of Human Biology, Stanford University, 1998, Human Biology
M.D., University of California, Irvine, 2004
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, 2008, Residency
Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 2011, Fellowship
Phone: (714) 456-5967
University of California, Irvine
3800 West Chapman Ave
Chapman Pavilion, Suite 3400
Orange, CA 92868
Prenatal Diagnosis, Fetal Therapy
Top Doctors Award - Seattle Met Magazine, Seattle, Washington 2016
Excellence in Clinical Research Course – Foundation for Excellence in Women’s Health Care 2010
Obstetrix Professional Development Award – Obstetrix Medical Group 2008, 2009
CREOG Award – UC Irvine, Dept of OB/GYN 2005, 2007, 2008
2020, 2021 Physician of Excellence- Orange County Medical Association, Orange County, CA
2016 Top Doctors Award - Seattle Met Magazine, Seattle, Washington
2010 Excellence in Clinical Research Course – Foundation for Excellence in Women’s Health Care
2008, 2009 Obstetrix Professional Development Award – Obstetrix Medical Group
2005, 2007, 2008 CREOG Award – UC Irvine, Dept of OB/GYN
2007 Mark Morgan M.D. Award for Best 3rd Year Case Presentation
2006 Berlex Best Teaching Resident
2004 Dean’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement
2004 AMWA Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Citation
2004 Office of Education Affairs Service Award
2003 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
2002 Association of Pathology Chairs Honor Society
1998 Firestone Medal for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
1998 Cap and Gown
1998 Graduation with Honors
1. Jolley JA, Porto M. Cervical Insufficiency. Obstetrics and Gynecology Women’s Health Review: A Clinical Update in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2012, Saunders
JOURNAL ARTICLES, PEER REVIEWED
1. Fredricks DN, Jolley JA, Lepp PW, Kosek JC, Relman DA. Rhinosporidium seeberi: A Human Pathogen from a Novel Group of Aquatic Protistan Parasites. Emerg Infect Dis. 2000; 6(3): 273-82.
2. Jolley JA, Battista L, Wing DA. Management of Pregnancy After Radical Trachelectomy: Case Reports and Systematic Review of the Literature. Am J Perinatol. 2007; 24(9) 531-539.
3. Nageotte MP, McNulty J, Chung J, Rajan P, Winovitch K, Fitzmaurice L, Hatfield T, Jolley J. Journal Club, Physical abuse and preterm delivery: Rodriguez et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008; 198(2): 239-40; discussion e1-3.
4. Jolley JA, Pelayo R, Hatfield T, McNulty J. Murine typhus in a pregnant woman. Obstet Gynecol 2010; 116 Suppl 2: 541-3.
5. Jolley JA, Wing DA. Pyelonephritis in pregnancy: an update on treatment options for optimal outcomes. Drugs 2010; 70 (13): 1643-55
6. Jolley JA, Nageotte MP, Wing DA, Shrivastava VK. Management of placenta accreta: a survey of Maternal-Fetal Medicine practitioners. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012 Jun; 25(6): 756-60.
7. Ehsanipoor RM, Haydon ML, Gaffaney CL, Jolley JA, Petersen R, Lagrew DC, Wing DA. Gestational age at cervical length measurement and preterm birth in twins. Ultrasound in Obstet Gynecol 2012 Jul; 40 (1): 81-6.
8. Jolley JA, Kim S, Wing DA. Acute pyelonephritis and associated complications in 2006 in US Hospitals. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012 Dec; 25(12): 2494-8. Epub 2012 Jul 13.
9. Mitchell T, Cheng E, Jolley J, Delaney S. Successful induction of labor of late-second-trimester conjoined twins: an alternative to hysterotomy. Obstet Gynecol 2014 Feb; 123 (2 Pt2 Suppl 2): 469-72.
10. Ehsanipoor RM, Jolley JA, Goldshore MA, Szymanski LM, Haydon ML, Gaffaney CL, Lagrew DC. The relationship between previous treatment for cervical dysplasia and preterm delivery in twin gestations. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2014 May; 27(8): 821-24.
11. Ehsanipoor RM, Jolley JA, Hargrove B, Caughey AB, Chung J. Implementation of an obstetric hemorrhage risk assessment: validation and evaluation of its impact on pretransfusion testing and hemorrhage outcomes. J Matern Fretal Neonatal Med; 2015 Jan; 28(1): 71-6.
12. Lai J, Clark TH, Tan JH, Delaney S, Jolley JA. Ultrasound findings in fetal congenital heart block associated with maternal anit-Ro/SSA and Anti-La/SSB antibodies. Ultrasound Q. 2015 Mar; 31(1): 34-6.
13. Rayburn WF, Jolley JA, Simpson LL. Advances in ultrasound imaging for congenital malformations during early gestation. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2015 Apr; 103(4): 260-8.
14. Fay EE, Norquist B, Jolley J, Hardesty M. Conservative Management of Invasive Placentation: Two Cases with Different Surgical Approaches. AJP Rep. 2016 Apr; 6(2):e212-5. doi: 10.1055/s-0036-1584232.
15. Jolley JA, Rajan PV, Petersen R, Fong A, Wing DA. Effect of antenatal betamethasone on blood glucose levels in women with and without diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016 Aug; 118: 98-104. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2016.06.005. Epub 2016 Jun 17.
16. Shah A, Jolley J, Parikh P. A cyst in the umbilical cord. NeoReviews. December 2017, 18(12) e729-e733.
17. Dighe MK, Moshiri M, Jolley J, Thiel J, Hippe D. B-Flow imaging of the placenta: A feasibility study. Ultrasound. 2018 Aug; 26(3): 160-167.
18. Sparks TN, Thao K, Lianoglou BR, Boe NM, Bruce KG, Datkhaeva I, Field NT, Fratto VM, Jolley J, Laurent LC, Mardy AH, Murphy AM, Ngan E, Rangwala N, Rottkamp CAM, Wilson L, Wu E, Uy CC, Valdez Lopez P, Norton ME; University of California Fetal–Maternal Consortium (UCfC). Nonimmune hydrops fetalis: identifying the underlying genetic etiology. Genet Med. 2019 Jun;21(6):1339-1344. Doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0352-6. Epub 2018 Nov 9. PMID: 30410095
19. Sparks TN, Lianoglou BR, Adami RR, Pluym ID, Holliman K, Duffy J, Downum SL, Patel S, Faubel A, Boe NM, Field NT, Murphy A, Laurent LC, Jolley J, Uy C, Slavotinek AM, Devine P, Hodoglugil U, Van Ziffle J, Sanders SJ, MacKenzie TC, Norton ME. Exome Sequencing for Prenatal Diagnosis in Nonimmune Hydrops Fetalis. N Engl J Med. 2020 Oct 29;383(18):1746-1756. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2023643. Epub 2020 Oct 7. PMID: 33027564
20. Chinn J, Sedighim S, Kirby KA, Hohmann S, Hameed AB, Jolley J, Nguyen NT. Characteristics and Outcomes of Women With COVID-19 Giving Birth at US Academic Centers During the COVID-19 Pandemic. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Aug 2;4(8):e2120456. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.20456. PMID: 34379123; PMCID: PMC8358731.
21. Miller EC, Carper B, Bellow NA, Bairez Merz CN, Greenland P, Levine LD, Haas DM, Grobman WA, Mcneil RB, Chung JH, Jolley J, Sadde GR, Silver RM, Simha HN, Wapner RK, Parker CB. Association of second trimester uterine artery Doppler parameters with maternal hypertension 2–7 years after delivery. International Journal of Cardiology Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention, Volume 10, 2021, 200105, ISSN 2772-4875, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcrp.2021.200105.
22. Stopenski S, Guner YS, Jolley J, Major C, Hatfield T, Ebanks AH, Nguyen DV, Jancelewicz T, Harting MT, Yu PT, CDH Study Group. Inborn versus outborn delivery in neonates with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. J Surg Res. 2021 Oct 25; 270: 245-251. Doi: 10/1016/j.jss/2021.09.004.
23. Schmidt L, Crosland A, Pearre D, Tseng J, Jolley J. Rapid progression of cervical squamous cell carcinoma with delayed treatment in pregnancy. Gynecol Oncol Rep . 2022 Mar 16; 40: 100960. Doi: 10.1016/j.gore.2022.100960. eCollection 2022 Apr.
Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Member, American Institute for Ultrasound in Medicine
Member, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology