supportive care, cancer survivorship, biomarkers, pharmacogenomics, oncology pharmacy, clinical pharmacy, drug-related problems, pharmacist
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications (Please refer to Pubmed for full listing)
1. Cheung YT, Chan A, Charalambous A, Darling HS, Eng L, Grech L, van den Hurk CJG, Kirk D, Mitchell SA, Poprawski D, Rammant E, Ramsey I, Fitch MI, Chan RJ; Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer Survivorship Study Group. The use of patient-reported outcomes in routine cancer care: preliminary insights from a multinational scoping survey of oncology practitioners. Support Care Cancer 2021 Sep 15;1-13.
2. Chan RJ, Crichton M, Crawford-Williams F, Agbejule OA, Yu K, Hart NH, de Abreu Alves F, Ashbury FD, Eng L, Fitch M, Jain H, Jefford M, Klemanski D, Koczwara B, Loh K, Prasad M, Rugo H, Soto-Perez-de-Celis E, van den Hurk C, Chan A; Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) Survivorship Study Group. The efficacy, challenges, and facilitators of telemedicine in post-treatment cancer survivorship care: an overview of systematic reviews. Ann Oncol 2021 Sep 9;S0923-7534(21)04464-1.
3. Chan RJ, Cooper B, Koczwara B, Chan A, Tan CJ, Gordon L, Paul SM, Dunn LB, Conley YP, Kober KM, Abrams G, Levine JD, Miaskowski C. Characteristics associated with inter-individual variability in financial distress in patients with breast cancer prior to and for 12 months following surgery. Support Care Cancer 2021 Sep 3 doi: 10.1007/s00520-021-06524-y.
4. Tan CJ, Yip SYC, Chan RJ, Chew L, Chan A. Investigating how cancer-related symptoms influence work outcomes among cancer survivors: a systematic review. J Cancer Surviv 2021; doi: 10.1007/s11764-021-01097-5.
5. Malhotra R, Suppiah S, Tan YW, Tay SSC, Tan VSY, Tang WE, Tan NC, Wong RYH, Chan A, Koh GC, Vaillancourt R; PROMISE Study Group. Validation of Pharmaceutical Picograms among older adults with limited English proficiency. Patient Educ Couns 2021 Jul 10:S0738-3991(21)00474-2. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2021.07.015.
6. Oppegaard K, Harris CS, Shin J, Paul SM, Cooper BA, Chan A, Anguera JA, Levine J, Conley Y, Hammer M, Miaskowski CA, Chan RJ, Kober KM. Cancer-related cognitive impairment is associated with perturbations in inflammatory pathways. Cytokine 2021;148:155653. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2021.155653.
7. Adesta F, Mahendra C, Junusmin KI, Rajah AMS, Goh S, Sani L, Chan A, Irwanto A. Pharmacogenomics Implementation Training Improves Self-Efficacy and Competency to Drive Adoption in Clinical Practice. Front Pharmacol 2021;12:684907. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.684907.
8. Hertz DL, Childs DS, Park SB, Faithfull S, Ke Y, Ali NT, McGlown SM, Chan A, Grech LB, Loprinzi CL, Ruddy KJ, Lustberg M. Patient-centric decision framework for treatment alterations in patients with Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy (CIPN). Cancer Treat Rev 2021;99:102241. doi: 10.1016/j.ctrv.2021.102241.
9. Koh YQ, Ng DQ, Ng CC, Boey A, Wei M, Sze SK, Ho HK, Acharya M, Limoli CL, Chan A. Extracellular Vesicle Proteome of Breast Cancer Patients with and Without Cognitive Impairment Following Anthracycline-based Chemotherapy: An Exploratory Study. Biomark Insights 2021;16:11772719211018204. doi: 10.1177/11772719211018204.
10. Holle LM, Bilse T, Alabelewe RM, Kintzel PE, Kandemir EA, Tan CJ, Weru I, Chambers CR, Dobish R, Handel E, Tewthanom K, Saeteaw M, Dewi LKM, Schwartz R, Bernhardt B, Garg M, Chatterjee A, Manyau P, Chan A, Bayraktar-Ekincioglu A, Aras-Atik E, Harvey RD, Goldspiel BR. International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners (ISOPP) position statement: Role of the oncology pharmacy team in cancer care. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2021;27(4):785-801. doi: 10.1177/10781552211017199.
11. Yap NY, Toh YL, Tan CJ, Acharya MM, Chan A. Relationship between cytokines and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in trajectories of cancer-related cognitive impairment. Cytokine 2021; 144:155556. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2021.155556.
12. Tan CJ, Kumar R, Koomanan N, Loo WS, Farid M, Tao M, Somasundaram N, Poon E, Chan JY, Yang VS, Chang E, Lim ST, Chow WC, Chan A, Tang T. Clinical and economic evaluation of a surveillance protocol to manage hepatitis B virus (HBV) reactivation among lymphoma patients with resolved HBV infection receiving rituximab. Pharmacotherapy 2021; doi: 10.1002/phar.2508
13. Ng DQ, Tan CJ, Soh BC, Tan MML, Loh SY, Tan YE, Ong HH, Teng PPC, Chan JJ, Chay WY, Lee J, Lai G, Beh SY, Tan TJY, Yap YS, Lee GE, Wong M, Dent R, Lo YL, Chan A, Loh KW. Impact of Cryotherapy on Sensory, Motor, and Autonomic Neuropathy in Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Paclitaxel: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Front Neurol 2020 Dec 18;11:604688. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2020.604688.
14. Oh HS, Chan A, Seo HJ. Prescribing patterns in breast cancer survivors: A Korean National Health Insurance Service cohort study. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2021; doi: 10.5414/CP203816
15. Mayo SJ, Lustberg M, M Dhillon H, Nakamura ZM, Allen DH, Von Ah D, C Janelsins M, Chan A, Olson K, Tan CJ, Toh YL, Oh J, Grech L, Cheung YT, Subbiah IM, Petranovic D, D'Olimpio J, Gobbo M, Koeppen S, Loprinzi CL, Pang L, Shinde S, Ntukidem O, Peters KB. Cancer-related cognitive impairment in patients with non-central nervous system malignancies: an overview for oncology providers from the MASCC Neurological Complications Study Group. Support Care Cancer 2020; doi: 10.1007/s00520-020-05860-9.
16. Yap NY, Loo WS, Zheng HF, Tan QM, Tan TK, Quek LYP, Tan CJ, Toh YL, Ng CC, Ang SK, Tan VKM, Ho HK, Chew L, Loh KW, Tan TJY, Chan A. A study protocol for HEalth-Related quality of life-intervention in survivors of Breast and other cancers experiencing cancer-related fatigue using TraditionAL Chinese Medicine: the HERBAL trial. Trials 2020;21(1):909. doi: 10.1186/s13063-020-04810-4.
17. Chan R, Cooper B, Paul S, Conley Y, Kober K, Koczwara B, Chan A, Tan CJ, Gordon L, Thomy L, Levine J, Miaskowski C. Distinct financial distress profiles in patients with breast cancer prior to and for 12 months following surgery. BMJ Support Palliat Care 2020; doi: 10.1136/bmjspcare-2020-002461.
18. Fok RW, Low LL, Quah HMJ, Vasanwala F, Low SG, Soh LL, Mohamad F, Loh KW, Soong YL, Ke Y, Chan A, Tan NC. Roles and recommendations from primary care physicians towards managing low-risk breast cancer survivors in a shared-care model with specialists in Singapore-a qualitative study. Fam Pract 2020; Sep 5;37(4):547-553. doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmaa009.
19. Toh YL, Wong E, Chae JW, Yap NY, Yeo AHL, Shwe M, Chan A. Association of mitochondrial DNA content and displacement loop region sequence variations with cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer survivors receiving chemotherapy. Mitochondrion 2020; S1567-7249(20)30166-5.
20. Cheng HL, Lopez V, Lam SC, Leung AKT, Li YC, Wong KH, Au JSK, Sundar R, Chan A, De Ng TR, Suen LKP, Chan CW, Yorke J, Molassiotis A. Psychometric testing of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy/Gynecologic Oncology Group-Neurotoxicity (FACT/GOG-Ntx) subscale in a longitudinal study of cancer patients treated with chemotherapy. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2020;18(1):246.
21. Yap NY, Tan NYT, Tan CJ, Loh KW, Ng RCH, Ho HK, Chan A. Associations of plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and Val66Met polymorphism (rs6265) with long-term cancer-related cognitive impairment in survivors of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2020; doi: 10.1007/s10549-020-05807-y.
22. Tan CJ, Mah JJJ, Goh WL, Poon E, Farid M, Chan A. Self-reported cognitive outcomes among adolescent and young adult patients with non-central nervous system cancers. Psychooncology 2020; doi: 10.1002/pon.5456.
23. Chan A, Ashbury F, Fitch MI, Koczwara B, Chan RJ; MASCC Survivorship Study Group. Cancer Survivorship Care During COVID-19-perspectives and Recommendations From the MASCC Survivorship Study Group. Support Care Cancer 2020;28(8):3485-3488.
24. Alexander M, Jupp J, Chazan G, O'Connor S, Chan A. Global Oncology Pharmacy Response to COVID-19 Pandemic: Medication Access and Safety. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020; doi: 10.1177/1078155220927450
25. Chan RJ, Howell D, Lustberg MB, Mustian K, Koczwara B, Ng CC, Kim Y, Nápoles AM, Dixit N, Klemanski D, Ke Y, Toh YL, Fitch MI, Crichton M, Agarawal S, Chan A. Advances and Future Directions in the Use of Mobile Health in Supportive Cancer Care: Proceedings of the 2019 MASCC Annual Meeting Symposium. Support Care Cancer 2020; doi: 10.1007/s00520-020-05513-x
26. Toh YL, Pang YY, Shwe M, Kanesvaran R, Toh CK, Chan A, Ho HK. HPLC-MS/MS coupled with equilibrium dialysis method for quantification of free drug concentration of pazopanib in plasma. Heliyon 2020; 6: e03813.
27. Koh YQ, Tan CJ, Toh YL, Sze SK, Ho HK, Limoli CL, Chan A. Role of exosomes in cancer-related cognitive impairment. Int J Mol Sci 2020; 21(8). pii: E2755. doi: 10.3390/ijms21082755.
28. Tan CJ, Ke Y, Ng T, Tan IMJ, Goh WL, Poon E, Farid M, Neo PSH, Srilatha B, Chan A. Work- and insurance-related issues among Asian adolescent and young-adult cancer survivors: a qualitative study. Support Care Cancer 2020; doi: 10.1007/s00520-020-05430-z.
29. Tan CJ, Ke Y, Chan A. Proceedings of the biosimilars workshop at the International Symposium on Oncology Pharmacy Practice 2019. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020 Apr;26(3_suppl):33-39.
30. Foreman E, Patel H, Siderov J, Harchowal J, Bubalo J, Chan A. A survey of global biosimilar implementation practice conducted by the International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020 Apr;26(3_suppl):22-32.
31. Chan A, Patel H, Siderov J, Bubalo J, Foreman E. Assessing biosimilar education needs among oncology pharmacy practitioners worldwide: An ISOPP membership survey. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020 Apr;26(3_suppl):11-21.
32. Frazer MB, Bubalo J, Patel H, Siderov J, Cubilla M, De Lemos M, Dhillon H, Harchowal J, Kuchonthara N, Livinalli A, Macedo R, Mwangi W, Nomura H, O'Connor S, Patterson M, Seadi Torriani M, Yim B, Chan A, Foreman E. International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners global position on the use of biosimilars in cancer treatment and supportive care. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020 Apr;26(3_suppl):3-10.
33. Foreman E, Chan A. Preface - Biosimilars Implementation in Clinical Practice: An ISOPP Collection for Oncology Pharmacists. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2020 Apr;26(3_suppl):2.
34. Chan A, Lee JY, Han Z. Perception of electronic peer review of SOAP notes among pharmacy students enrolling in their first pharmacotherapeutics course. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2019;11(12):1259-1264.
35. Chan RJ, Cooper B, Koczwara B, Chan A, Tan CJ, Paul SM, Dunn LB, Conley YP, Kober KM, Levine JD, Miaskowski C. A longitudinal analysis of phenotypic and symptom characteristics associated with inter-individual variability in employment interference in patients with breast cancer. Support Care Cancer 2020 Jan 18. doi: 10.1007/s00520-020-05312-4.
36. Han Z, Chan A. Pharmacy students' perceptions toward peer assessment and its use in teaching patient presentation skills. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2020;12(2):228-236.
37. Toh YL, Wang C, Ho HK, Chan A. Distinct cytokine profiles across trajectories of self-perceived cognitive impairment among early-stage breast cancer survivors. J Neuroimmunol 2020;342:577196.
38. Ke Y, Tan CJ, Ng T, Tan IMJ, Goh WL, Poon E, Farid M, Neo PSH, Srilatha B, Chan A. Optimizing Survivorship Care Services for Asian Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Survivors: A Qualitative Study. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol 2020; doi: 10.1089/jayao.2019.0145
39. Fok RW, Low LL, Quah HMJ, Vasanwala F, Low SG, Soh LL, Mohamad F, Loh K, Soong YL, Ke Y, Chan A, Tan N. Roles and Recommendations from Primary Care Physicians towards managing low risk breast cancer survivors in a shared-care model with specialists in Singapore – a qualitative study. Family Practice 2020. Accepted for publication.
40. Chan A, Yeo A, Shwe M, Tan CJ, Foo KM, Chu P, Khor CC, Ho HK. An Evaluation of DNA Methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Chemotherapy-Associated Cognitive Impairment: A Prospective, Longitudinal Study. Sci Rep 2019; 9(1):14570. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-51203-y.
41. Liang JB, Lao CK, Tian L, Yang YY, Wu HM, Tong HH, Chan A. Impact of a pharmacist-led education and follow-up service on anticoagulation control and safety outcomes at a tertiary hospital in China: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Pharm Pract 2019; doi: 10.1111/ijpp.12584.
42. Chan A, Hertz D, Morales M, Adams EJ, Gordon S, Tan CJ, Staff NP, Kamath J, Oh J, Shinde S, Pon D, Dixit N, D’Olimpio J, Dumitrescu C, Gobbo M, Kober K, Mayo S, Pang L, Subbiah I, Beutle AS, Peters KB, Loprinzi C, Lustberg M. Biological Predictors of Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy (CIPN): MASCC Neurological Complications Working Group Overview. Support Care Cancer 2019; 27(10): 3729-37.
43. Molassiotis A, Cheng HL, Leung KT, Li YC, Wong KH, Au JSK, Sundar R, Chan A, Ng TR, Suen LKP, Chan CW, Yorke J, Lopez V. Risk factors for chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in patients receiving taxane- and platinum-based chemotherapy. Brain Behav 2019; 9(6): e01312.
44. Toh YL, Tan CJ, Yeo A, Shwe M, Ho K, Gan YX, Chu P, Olson K, Chan A. Association of plasma leptin, pro-inflammatory adipokines and cancer-related fatigue in early-stage breast cancer patients: a prospective cohort study. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 2019; 23(6):4281-4289.
45. Yeo F, Ng CC, Loh KW, Molasiotis A, Cheng E, Au JSK, Leung KT, Li C, Wong KH, Suen L, Chan CW, Yorke J, Farrell C, Bandla A, Ang E, Lopez V, Sundar R, Chan A. Minimal Clinically Important Difference of the EORTC QLQ-CIPN20 for Worsening Peripheral Neuropathy in Patients Receiving Neurotoxic Chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2019; 27(12):4753-4762.
46. Toh YL, Shariq Mujtaba J, Bansal S, Yeo A, Shwe M, Lau AJ, Chan A. Prechemotherapy Levels of Plasma Dehydroepiandrosterone and Its Sulfated Form as Predictors of Cancer-Related Cognitive Impairment in Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy. Pharmacotherapy 2019;39(5):553-563.
47. Molassiotis A, Cheng HL, Lopez V, Au JSK, Chan A, Bandla A, Leung KT, Li YC, Wong KH, Suen LKP, Chan CW, Yorke J, Farrell C, Sundar R. Are we mis-estimating chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy? Analysis of assessment methodologies from a prospective, multinational, longitudinal cohort study of patients receiving neurotoxic chemotherapy. BMC Cancer 2019;19(1):132.
48. Olin JL, Kilbanov O, Chan A, Spooner L. Managing Pharmacotherapy in People Living with HIV (PLWH) and Concomitant Malignancy. Ann Pharmacother 2018; 53(8): 812-32.
49. Chan RJ, Gordon LG, Tan CJ, Chan A, Bradford NK, Yates P, Agbejule OA, Miaskowski C. Relationships between Financial Toxicity and Symptom Burden in Cancer Survivors: A Systematic Review. J Pain Symptom Manage 2019;57(3):646-660.e1.
50. Tan CJ, Lim SWT, Toh YL, Ng T, Yeo A, Shwe S, Foo KM, Chu P, Jain A, Koo SL, Dent RA, Ng RCH, Yap YS, Lim EH, Loh KWJ, Chay WY, Lee GE, Tan TJY, Beh SY, Wong M, Chan JJ, Khor CC, Ho HK, Chan A. Replication and meta-analysis of the association between BDNF Val66Met polymorphism and cognitive impairment in patients receiving chemotherapy. Molecular Neurobiology 2018; 56(7): 4741-50.
51. Chanthawong S, Lim HY, Subongkot S, Chan A, Andalusia R, Bustamam RSA, Chaiyakunapruk N. Cost-effectiveness analysis of olanzapine-containing antiemetic therapy for managing highly emetogenic chemotherapy in Southeast Asia: a multinational study. Support Care Cancer 2019; 27(3):1109-1119.
52. Chan SL, Ng HY, Sung C, Chan A, Winther M, Brunham L, Wee HL. Economic Burden of Adverse Drug Reactions and Potential for Pharmacogenomic Testing in Singaporean Adults. Pharmacogenomics Journal 2018; 19(4): 401-10.
53. Chae JW, Ng R, Chan A. Chemotherapy drug concentrations in hair follicles: a potential biomarker to monitor the effectiveness of scalp cooling for chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Support Care Cancer 2018;26(11):3669-3670.
54. Kim HJ, Barsevick AM, Chan A, Chae JW. Chemotherapy-associated cognitive impairments in Korean cancer patients: Risk factors and functional outcome. Psychooncology 2018;27(8):1995-2001.
55. Yeo D, Hossain I, Lim ST, Farid M, Tao M, Quek R, Tang T, Chan A. A response to the letter to the editor on "Management of hepatitis B reactivation in lymphoma patients on rituximab with past hepatitis B exposure: An observational study". J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2018;24(6):478-479.
56. Toh YL, Ng T, Tan M, Tan A, Chan A. Impact of brain-derived neurotrophic factor genetic polymorphism on cognition: A systematic review. Brain Behav 2018 Jul;8(7):e01009.
57. Ke Y, Ng T, Chan A. Survivorship care models for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer survivors: a systematic review. Support Care Cancer 2018 Jul;26(7):2125-214
58. Ng T, Phey XY, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Ng R, Ho HK, Chan A. Impact of Adjuvant Anthracycline-Based and Taxane-Based Chemotherapy on Plasma VEGF Levels and Cognitive Function in Breast Cancer Patients: A Longitudinal Study. Clin Breast Cancer 2018;18(5):e927-e937.
59. Chan A, Poon E, Goh WL, Gan Y, Tan CJ, Yeo K, Chua A, Chee M, Law YC, Somasundaram N, Kanesvaran R, Ng QS, Tham CK, Toh CK, Lim ST, Tao M, Tang T, Quek R, Farid M. Assessment of psychological distress among Asian adolescents and young adults (AYA) cancer patients using the distress thermometer: a prospective, longitudinal study. Support Care Cancer 2018;26(9):3257-3266.
60. Gan YX, Lao CK, Chan A. Breast cancer screening behavior, attitude, barriers among middle-aged Chinese women in Macao, China. Journal of Public Health 2018;40(4):e560-e570.
61. Yeo D, Hossain I, Lim ST, Farid M, Tao M, Quek R, Tang T, Chan A. Management of hepatitis B reactivation in lymphoma patients on rituximab with past hepatitis B exposure: An observational study. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2018; doi: 10.1177/1078155218763039.
62. Chong MF, Chan A. Thalidomide for Delayed Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: Where Is Its Place in Therapy? J Clin Oncol 2018; 36(8):827-828.
63. Loh KW, Ng T, Choo SP, Saw HM, Mahendran R, Tan C, Chang GCY, Ong YJ, Yee ACP, Chan A, Soo KC. Cancer Supportive and Survivorship Care in Singapore: Current Challenges and Future Outlook. J Glob Oncol 2018;(4):1-8.
64. Chan A, Lew C, Wang XJ, Ng T, Chae JW, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX. Psychometric properties and measurement equivalence of the Multidimensional Fatigue Syndrome Inventory- Short Form (MFSI-SF) amongst breast cancer and lymphoma patients in Singapore. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2018; 16(1):20. doi: 10.1186/s12955-018-0846-6.
65. Chae JW, Chua PS, Ng T, Yeo AHL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Dorajoo S, Foo KM, Loh KW, Koo SL, Chay WY, Tan TJY, Beh SY, Lim EH, Lee GE, Dent R, Yap YS, Ng R, Ho HK, Chan A. Association of mitochondrial DNA content in peripheral blood with cancer-related fatigue and chemotherapy-related cognitive impairment in early-stage breast cancer patients: a prospective cohort study. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2018; 168(3):713-721.
66. Ng T, Dorajoo SR, Cheung YT, Lam YC, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Foo KM, Loh WK, Koo SL, Jain A, Lee GE, Dent R, Yap YS, Ng R, Chan A. Distinct and Heterogeneous Trajectories of Self-perceived Cognitive Impairment among Asian Breast Cancer Survivors. Psychooncology 2018;27(4):1185-1192.
67. Ng T, Lee YY, Chae JW, Yeo AHL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Ng RCH, Chu PPY, Khor CC, Ho HK, Chan A. Evaluation of plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels and self-perceived cognitive impairment post-chemotherapy: a longitudinal study. BMC Cancer 2017;17(1):867.
68. Chan A, Ngai GH, Chung WL, Yeo A, Ng T, Loh KW, Farid M, Lim SY, Fok R. Practitioners' perspectives on community-based breast cancer survivorship care in Singapore: A focus group study. Health Soc Care Community 2018;26(3):404-411.
69. Chan A, Yo T, Wang XJ, Ng T, Chae JW, Shwe M, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX. Minimal Clinically Important Difference of the Multidimensional Fatigue Symptom Inventory-Short Form (MFSI-SF) for Fatigue Worsening in Asian Breast Cancer Patients. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2018; 55(3):992-997.e2.
70. Tan SH, Keng KK, Lim SM, Chan A, Loh J, Lee J. Long-term Clinical and Cost Outcomes of a Pharmacist-managed Risk Factor Management Clinic (RFMP) in Singapore: An Observational Study. Clinical Therapeutics 2017; 39(12):2355-2365.
71. Dorajoo SR, Chan A. Implementing clinical prediction models: pushing the needle towards precision pharmacotherapy. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2018;103(2):180-183
72. Wang XJ, Tan TT, Lim ST, Farid M, Tao M, Quek R, Chan A, Tang T. Role of Procalcitonin in Differentiating between Infectious and Noninfectious Fevers among Patients with Lymphoma. Pharmacotherapy 2017;37(8):908-915.
73. Wang XJ, Tong WX, Chan A. Therapeutic Use of Filgrastim for Established Febrile Neutropenia is Cost Effective Among Patients with Solid Tumors and Lymphomas. Clinical Therapeutics 2017;39(6):1161-1170.
74. Wang XJ, Goh DYT, Dorajoo SR, Chan A. The prognostic performance of adding patient-reported outcomes to the MASCC risk index to identify low-risk febrile neutropenia patients with solid tumors and lymphomas. Supportive Care in Cancer 2017;25(9):2815-2822.
75. Dorajoo SR, Ng JSL, Goh JHF, Lim SC, Yap CW, Chan A, Lee JYC. HbA1c variability in type 2 diabetes is associated with the occurrence of new-onset albuminuria within three years. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 2017;128:32-39.
76. Wang XJ, Chan A. Optimizing Symptoms and Management of Febrile Neutropenia among Cancer Patients: Current Status and Future Directions. Curr Oncol Rep 2017;19(3):20.
77. Dorajoo SR, See V, Chan CT, Tan JZ, Tan DSY, Razak SM, Ong TT, Koomanan N, Yap CW, Chan A. Identifying potentially avoidable readmissions: A medication-based 15-day readmission risk stratification algorithm. Pharmacotherapy 2017;37(3):268-277.
78. Chan RJ, Chan A, Yates P, Molassiotis A. A step forward in addressing cancer survivorship in the Asia-Pacific region. BMC Med 2017;15(1):17.
79. Chan A, Gan YX, Oh SK, Ng T, Shwe M, Chan R, Ng R, Goh B, Tan YP, Fan G. A Culturally Adapted Survivorship Program for Asian Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients in Singapore: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Psychooncology 2017;26(10):1654-1659.
80. Chan A, Abudllah MM, Ishak WZBW, Ong-Cornel, AB, Villalon AH, Kanesvaran R. Applicability of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network/Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer Guidelines for Prevention and Management of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Southeast Asia: A Consensus Statement. J Glob Oncol 2017;3(6):801-813.
81. Ke Y, Ng T, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Chan A. Psychometric Properties and Measurement Equivalence of the English and Chinese Versions of the Beck Anxiety Inventory in Patients with Breast Cancer. Support Care Cancer 2017; 25(2): 633-43.
82. Chae JW, Ng T, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Ho HK, Chan A. Impact of TNF-a (rs1800629) and IL-6 (rs1800795) Polymorphisms on Cognitive Impairment in Asian Breast Cancer Patients. PLoS One. 2016 Oct 4;11(10):e0164204.
83. Chan SL, Ang X, Sani LL, Ng HY, Winther MD, Liu JJ, Brunham LR, Chan A. Prevalence and characteristics of adverse drug reactions at admission to hospital: a prospective observational study. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2016; 82(6): 1636-46.
84. Yeang SH, Chan A, Tan CW, Lim ST, Ng HJ. Incidence and Management of Toxicity Associated with LAsparaginase in the Treatment of ALL and NK/TCell Lymphoma: an Observational Study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2016; 17(7): 3155-60.
85. Herrstedt, Roila F, Warr D, Celio L, Navari RM, Hesketh PJ, Chan A, Aapro MS. MASSC/ESMO Consensus recommendations for the prevention of nausea and vomiting following high emetic risk chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2017; 25(1): 277-88.
86. Jordan K, Chan A, Gralla RJ, Jahn F, Rapoport B, Warr D, Hesketh PJ. MASCC/ESMO Consensus Recommendations: Emetic risk classification and evaluation of the emetogenicity of antineoplastic agents. Support Care Cancer 2017; 25(1): 271-5.
87. Chae JW, Teo YL, Ho HK, Lee J, Back HM, Y HY, Karlsson MO, Kwon KI, Chan A. BSA and ABCB1 polymorphism affect the pharmacokinetics of sunitinib and its active metabolite in Asian mRCC patients receiving an attenuated sunitinib dosing regimen. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology 2016; 78(3): 623-32.
88. Wang XJ, Wong CM, Chan A. Psychometric Properties of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Neutropenia (FACT-N) in Asian Cancer Patients with Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2016; 52(3); 428-36.
89. Chan A, Lum ZK, Ng T, Eyob T, Wang XJ, Chae JW, Raaj S, Shwe M, Gan YX, Fok R, Loh K, Tan YP, Fan G. Perceptions and Barriers of Survivorship Care in Asia: Perceptions from Asian Breast Cancer Survivors. Journal of Global Oncology 2016; DOI: 10.1200/JGO.2016.004929
90. Chan A, Ng T, Chan RJ, Poon E, Farid M. Are Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Patients affected by ‘Chemobrain’? A Call for Evidence. Expert Opinion of Quality of Life in Cancer 2016; 1(3): 187-88.
91. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Sorensen TD, Shapiro NL, Benedict N, Edwards KL, Chan A, Covey D, Daniels C, Hagemann T, Hemstreet B, Miller W, Musselman ME. Recommendations for Aligning PGY2 Pharmacy Residency Training and Pharmacy Specialist Board Certification. Pharmacotherapy 2016;36(5):e34-9
92. Eyob T, Ng T, Chan R, Chan A. Impact of chemotherapy on cancer-related fatigue in 1312 patients: a systematic review of quantitative studies. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 2016;10(2):165-79.
93. Wang XJ, Tang T, Farid M, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST, Wee HL, Chan A. Routine Primary Prophylaxis for Febrile Neutropenia with Biosimilar Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor (Nivestim) or Pegfilgrastim Is Cost Effective in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients undergoing Curative-Intent R-CHOP Chemotherapy. PLoS One 2016; 11(2): e0148901.
94. Holle LM, Harris CS, Chan A, Fahrenbruch RJ, Labdi BA, Mohs JE, Norris LB, Perkins J, Vela CM. Pharmacists' roles in oncology pharmacy services: Results of a global survey. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2016; doi: 1078155216629827.
95. Hu Z, Liang W, Yang Y, Keefe D, Ma Y, Zhao Y, Xue C, Huang Y, Zhao H, Chen L, Chan A, Zhang L. Personalized Estimate of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: Development and External Validation of a Nomogram in Cancer Patients Receiving Highly/Moderately Emetogenic Chemotherapy. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016; 95(2): e2476.
96. Lee JJX, Chan A, Tang T. Tuberculosis reactivation in a patient receiving anti-programmed death-1 (PD-1) inhibitor for relapsed Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Acta Oncologica 2016 ;55(4):519-20.
97. Chan A, Saeteaw M, Chui WK, Lee JYC. Perceptions of pharmacy students and pharmacists on SOAP note education and utility in pharmacy practice. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning 2016; 8: 77-82.
98. Teleni L, Chan RJ, Chan A, Isenring EA, Vela I, Inder W, McCarthy AL. Exercise improves quality of life in ADT-treated prostate cancer: systematic review of RCTs. Endocr Relat Cancer 2016;23(2):101-12
99. Suzuki S, Chan A, Nomura H, Johnson PE, Endo K, Saito S. Chemotherapy regimen checks performed by pharmacists contribute to safe administration of chemotherapy. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2015; doi: 10.1177/1078155215614998.
100. Marx W, McKavanagh D, McCarthy AL, Bird R, Ried K, Chan A, Isenring L. The effect of ginger (Zingiber officinale) on platelet aggregation: a systematic literature review. PLOS ONE 2015; 21;10(10):e0141119.
101. Loh KY, Ng T, Lee CP, Ng R, Chan A. Medication Use by Early-Stage Breast Cancer Survivors: A 1-Year Longitudinal Study. Support Care Cancer 2016;24(4):1639-47.
102. Ng T, Teo SM, Yeo HL, Shwe M, Gan YX, Cheung YT, Foo KM, Cham MT, Lee JA, Tan YP, Fan G, Yong WS, Preetha M, Loh WK, Koo SL, Jain A, Lee GE, Wong M, Dent R, Yap YS, Ng R, Khor CC, Ho HK, Chan A. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor genetic polymorphism (rs6265) is protective against chemotherapy-associated cognitive impairment in patients with early-stage breast cancer. Neuro Oncol 2016;18(2):244-51.
103. Lao CK, Chan YM, Tong HHY, Chan A. Under-diagnosis of depression in an economically deprived population in Macao, China. Asia Pac Psychiatry 2015; doi: 10.1111/appy.12208
104. Chan A, Song M, Langit MR, Lim TA, Fong W, Tay K, Lim ST, Tang T. Carotid artery inflammation associated with gemcitabine-based therapy: a special report. Future Oncology 2015;11(14):2049-58.
105. Chan RJ, Chan A. Survivorship care provision for patients with hematologic malignancies: The quest for quality evidence. Cancer Nursing 2015;38(5):414-5.
106. Cheung YT, Ong YY, Ng T, Tan YP, Fan G, Chan CW, Molassiotis A, Chan A. Assessment of mental health literacy in patients with breast cancer. J Onc Pharm Pract 2016;22(3):437-47.
107. Langbecker D, Ekberg S, Yates P, Chan A, Chan RJ. What are the barriers of quality survivorship care for haematology cancer patients? Qualitative insights from cancer nurses. J Cancer Surviv 2016;10(1):122-30.
108. Lao CK, Chan YM, Tong HHY, Chan A. Prevalence, Awareness and Control of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in a Low-Income Population in Macao, China. Public Health Research 2015; 5(2):50-57.
109. Cheung YT, Ng T, Shwe M, Ho HK, Foo KM, Cham MT, Lee JA, Fan G, Tan YP, Yong WS, Madhukumar P, Loo SK, Ang SF, Wong M, Chay WY, Ooi WS, Dent RA, Yap YS, Ng R, Chan A. Association of pro-inflammatory cytokines and chemotherapy-associated cognitive impairment in breast cancer patients: A multi-centered, prospective, cohort study. Ann Oncol 2015;26(7):1446-51.
110. Ng T, Toh MR, Cheung YT, Chan A. Follow-up care practices and barriers to breast cancer survivorship: Perspectives from Asian Oncology Practitioners. Support Care Cancer 2015;23(11):3193-200.
111. Teo YL, Wee HL, Chue XP, Chau NM, Tan MH, Kanesvaran R, Wee HL, Ho HK, Chan A. Effect of the CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genotype on exposure, clinical response and manifestion of toxicities from sunitinib in Asian patients. Pharmacogenomics Journal 2016;16(1):47-53
112. Goldspiel B, Sewell G, Chan A. Happy 20th Birthday to JOPP. J Onc Pharm Pract 2015; 21(2): 83-84.
113. Chan A, Cameron MC, Garden B, Boers-Doets CB, Schindler K, Epstein JB, Choi J, Beamer L, Roeland E, Russi EG, Bensadoun RJ, Teo YL, Chan RJ, Shih V, Bryce J, Raber-Durlacher J, Gerber PA, Freytes CO, Rapoport B, LeBoeuf N, Sibaud V, Lacouture ME. A systematic review of patient-reported outcome instruments of dermatologic adverse events associated with targeted cancer therpaies. Support Care Cancer 2015; DOI: 10.1007/s00520-014-2564-x.
114. Chan RJ, McCarthy AL, Devenish J, Sullivan KA, Chan A. Systematic review of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions to manage cognitive alterations after chemotherapy for breast cancer. European Journal of Cancer 2015; 51(4):437-450
115. Wang XJ, Lopez SE, Chan A. Economic Burden of Chemotherapy-Induced Febrile Neutropenia in Patients with Lymphoma: A Systematic Review. Crit Rev Heme Onc 2015;94(2):201-12.
116. Teo YL, Wee HL, Chue XP, Chau NM, Tan MH, Kanesvaran R, Wee HL, Ho HK, Chan A. Association of drug exposure with toxicity and clinical response in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma patients receiving an attenuated dosing regimen of sunitinib. Target Oncol 2015;10(3):429-37
117. Chan A, Lim E, Ng T, Shih V, Quek R, Cheung YT. Symptom burden and Medication use in Adult Sarcoma Patients. Support Care Cancer 2014;23(6):1709-17.
118. Tan HS, Li H, Hong YW, Toh CK, Wong A, Lopes G, Tay MH, Chan A, Yao X, Tang T, Ng QS, Kanesvaran R, Chau NM, Tan MH. Efficacy and Safety of an Attenuated-Dose Sunitinib Regimen in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: Results from a Prospective Registry in Singapore. Clin Gen Cancer 2014; DOI:10.1016/j.clgc.2014.11.004.
119. Teo YL, Ho HK, Chan A. Formation of reactive metabolites and management of tyrosine kinase inhibitor induced hepatotoxicity: a literature review. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2014; 15: 1-12.
120. Ng T, Khor CC, Ho HK, Chan A. The Genetic Variants Underlying Breast Cancer Treatment-Induced Chronic and Late Toxicities: A Systematic Review. Cancer Treatment Reviews 2014; 40(10):1199-1214.
121. Wang XJ, Wong M, Hsu LY, Chan A. Cost associated with febrile neutropenia in solid tumor and lymphoma patients – an observational study in Singapore. BMC Health Services Research 2014; 14: 434.
122. Teo YL, Ho HK, Chan A. Metabolism-related pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions in tyrosine kinase inhibitors: current understanding, challenges and recommendations. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2015;79(2):241-5
123. Keefe DM, Chan A, Kim HK, Hsieh RK, Yu S, Wang Y, Nicholls RJ, Burke TA. Rationale and design of the Pan Australasian chemotherapy-induced emesis burden of illness study. Support Care Cancer 2014;23(1):253-61.
124. Kim HK, Hsieh RK, Chan A, Yu S, Han B, Gao Y, Baños A, Ying X, Burke T, Keefe D. Impact of CINV in earlier cycles on CINV and chemotherapy regimen modification in subsequent cycles in Asia Pacific clinical practice. Support Care Cancer 2014;23(1):293-300.
125. Hsieh RK, Chan A, Kim HK, Yu S, Kim JG, Lee MA, Dalén J, Jung H, Liu YP, Burke T, Keefe D. Baseline patient characteristics, incidence of CINV, and physician perception of CINV incidence following moderately and highly emetogenic chemotherapy in Asia Pacific countries. Support Care Cancer 2014;23(1):263-72
126. Yu S, Burke T, Chan A, Kim HK, Hsieh RK, Hu X, Liang JT, Baños A, Spiteri C, Keefe D. Antiemetic therapy in Asia Pacific countries for patients receiving moderately and highly emetogenic chemotherapy—a descriptive analysis of practice patterns, antiemetic quality of care, and use of antiemetic guidelines. Support Care Cancer 2014; 23(1):273-82.
127. Chan A, Kim HK, Hsieh RK, Yu S, Lopez G, Su WC, Baños A, Bhatia S, Burke T, Keefe D. Incidence and predictors of anticipatory nausea and vomiting in Asia Pacific clinical practice - a longitudinal analysis. Support Care Cancer 2014; 23(1):283-91.
128. Pachman DR, Watson JC, Lustberg MB, Wagner-Johnston ND, Chan A, Broadfield L, Cheung YT, Steer C, Storey DJ, Chandwani KD, Paice J, Jean-Pierre P, Oh J, Kamath J, Fallon M, Strik H, Koeppen S, Loprinzi CL. Management options for established chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Support Care Cancer 2014; 22(8):2281-95.
129. Chan A, Shwe M, Gan YX, Yap K, Chew L, Lim WT. Trajectory and Risk Factors for Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting in Asian Head and Neck Cancer Patients. Head Neck 2014; DOI 10.1002/hed.23753
130. Teo YL, Chue XP, Chau NM, Tan MH, Wee HL, Ho HK, Kanesvaran R, Chan A. Toxicities and patient reported outcomes in elderly Asian patients receiving an attenuated dosing of sunitinib for metastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Geriatr Oncol 2014; 5 S1:S19
131. Yap K, Chia Y, Low XH, Chan A. Technological preferences of aging cancer patients for delivery services and devices to solve drug-related problems in oncology. Support Care Cancer 2014; 22(10):2733-40.
132. Chan A, Lees J, Keefe D. The Changing Paradigm for Supportive Care in Cancer Patients. Support Care Cancer 2014;22(6):1441-5.
133. Ko Y, Gwee YS, Huang YC, Chiang J, Chan A. Costs and Length of Stay of Drug-Related Hospital Admissions in Cancer Patients. Clin Ther 2014; 36(4): 588-92.
134. See M, Shih V, Ho HK, Tang T, Farid M, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST, Chan A. A Pilot Study to Evaluate the Role of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Pegfilgrastim in Lymphoma Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2014; 23(1): 13-20.
135. Chan A, Soh D, Ko Y, Huang YC, Chiang J. Characteristics of Unplanned Hospital Admissions due to Drug Related Problems in Cancer Patients. Support Care Care 2014; 22(7): 1875-81.
136. Cheung YT, Foo YL, Shwe M, Tan YP, Fan G, Yong WS, Preetha M, Ooi WS, Chay WY, Dent R, Ang SF, Lo SK, Yap YS, Ng R, Chan A. Evaluated Minimal Clinically Important Difference in Perceived Cognitive Disturbances among Patients with Breast Cancer. J Clin Epidemiology 2014; 67(7):811-20.
137. Chan A, Wong QX, Karah Ali M, Wong M, Hsu LY. Clinical Efficacy of Adjunctive G-CSF on Solid Tumor and Lymphoma Patients with Established Febrile Neutropenia. Support Care Cancer 2014; 22(4):1105–1112.
138. Teo YL, Chong XJ, Chue XP, Chau NM, Tan MH, Kanesvaran R, Wee HL, Ho HK, Chan A. Role of sunitinib and SU12662 on dermatological toxicities in metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients: in vitro, in vivo and outcomes investigation. Cancer Clin Pharmacology 2014; 73(2): 381-8.
139. Cheung YT, Lim SR, Ho HK, Chan A. Cytokines as Mediators of Chemotherapy-associated Cognitive Changes: Current Evidence, Limitations and Directions for Future Research. PLOS ONE 8(12): e81234. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0081234
140. Engle JP, Erstad BL, Anderson DC, Bucklin MH, Chan A, Donaldson AR, Hagemann TM, O’Connor MB, Rodgers PT, Tennant S, Thomas Z. Minimum Qualifications for Clinical Pharmacy Practice Faculty. Pharmacotherapy 2014;34(5):e38–e44.
141. Poon KSH, Un MK, Low XH, Cheung YT, Yap KYL, Chan A. Impact of cancer-related fatigue on chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in Asian cancer patients. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2013;22(12):1345-51.
142. Chan A, Chiang YY, Low XH, Yap K, Ng R. Affordability of Cancer Treatment For Aging Cancer Patients in Singapore: An Analysis of Health, Lifestyle, and Financial Burden. Support Care Cancer 2013;21(12):3509-17.
143. Ng T, Cheung YT, Ng QS, Ho HK, Chan A. Vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors and cognitive impairment: evidence and controversies. Expert Opin Drug Saf 2014; 13(1): 83-92.
144. Cheung YT, Lim SR, Chui WK, Tan YP, Chan A. Psychometric properties and measurement equivalence of the English and Chinese versions of the functional assessment of cancer therapy-cognitive in Asian breast cancer patients. Value in Health 2013;16(6):1001-13.
145. Wong RK, Bensadoun RJ, Boers-Doets CB, Bryce J, Chan A, Epstein JB, Eaby-Sandy B, Lacouture ME. Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of acute and late radiation reactions from the MASCC Skin Toxicity Study Group. Support Care Cancer 2013;21(10):2933-48.
146. Lao CK, Ho SC, Chan KK, Tou CF, Tong HHY, Chan A. Potentially inappropriate prescribing and drug-drug interactions among elderly Chinese nursing home residents in Macao. Int J Clin Pharm 2013; 35(5):805-12
147. Yap KY, Low XH, Koh KS, Un M, Shih V, Chan A. Feasibility and Acceptance of a Pharmacist-Run Tele-oncology Service for Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Ambulatory Cancer Patients. Telemed J E Health 2013;19(5):387-95.
148. Chan A, Lee CP, Chiang J, Ng R. Breakthrough Febrile Neutropenia and Associated Complications Among Elderly Cancer Patients Receiving Myelosuppressive Chemotherapy for Solid Tumors and Lymphomas. Support Care Cancer 2013; 21(8): 2137-43.
149. Cheung YT, Lee H, Chan A. Exploring clinical determinants and anxiety symptom domains among Asian breast cancer patients. Support Care Cancer 2013; 21(8):2185-94.
150. Cheung YT, Shwe M, Tan E, Chui WK, Ng R, Chan A. Acknowledging the Relevance of Cognitive Changes in Cancer Patients: Perspectives of Oncology Practitioners in Asia. J Cancer Surviv. 2013;7(1):146-54.
151. Chan A, Ho HK, Cheung YT, Teo YL. Supportive Care in Cancer Patients: Current Challenges and Opportunities. Adv Pharmacoepidem Drug Safety 2012; vol 1:e111. doi:10.4172/2167-1052.1000e111.
152. Koomanan N, Ko Y, Yong WP, Ng R, Wong YP, Lim SW, Salim A, Chan A. Clinical Impact of Drug-Drug Interaction Between Aspirin and Prednisolone at a Cancer Center. Clin Ther 2012;34: 2259–2267.
153. Cheung YT, Shwe M, Chui WK, Chay WY, Ang SF, Dent RA, Yap YS, Lo SK, Ng R, Chan A. Effects of chemotherapy and psychosocial distress on perceived cognitive disturbances in Asian breast cancer patients. Ann Pharmacother 2012; 46(12):1645-55.
154. Chan A, Tan SH, Low XH, Yap KY. Antiemetic Effectiveness and Nausea and Vomiting Incidence During Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin Chemotherapy. Nurs Res 2012; 61(6):405-412.
155. Yap KYL, Low XH, Chan A. Exploring Chemotherapy-Induced Toxicities through Multivariate Projection of Risk Factors: Prediction of Nausea and Vomiting. Toxicol Res 2012; 28(2): 81-91.
156. Cheung YT, Chan A. Linguistic validation of Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy–Cognitive Function (FACT-Cog): Methodological concerns. Support Care Cancer 2012; 21(3):655-6.
157. Teo YL, Ho HK, Chan A. Risk of tyrosine kinase inhibitors-induced hepatotoxicity in cancer patients: a meta-analysis. Cancer Treatment Review 2013; 39(2):199-206.
158. Chen C, Chan A, Yap K. Visualizing clinical predictors of febrile neutropenia in Asian cancer patients receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2013; 19(2):111-20.
159. Ko Y, Tan SL, Chan A, Wong YP, Yong WP, Ng RC, Lim SW, Salim A. Prevalence of the Coprescription of Clinically Important Interacting Drug Combinations Involving Oral Anticancer Agents in Singapore: A Retrospective Database Study. Clin Ther 2012; 34(8):1696-704.
160. Seah J, Lin K, Tai D, Lim ST, Chan A. Conservative Management of L-asparaginase-induced Hypertriglyceridemia in an Adult Patient: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Onkologie 2012; 35(10):596-8.
161. Chan A, Shih V, Chiang J, Chew L, Tay K, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST. Clinical pharmacy services and research for lymphoma patients at a cancer center. J Onc Pharm Pract 2013; 19(1): 24-30.
162. Shih V, Chan A, Xie F, Yu K. Economic Evaluation of Anastrozole Versus Tamoxifen for Early Stage Breast Cancer in Singapore. Value in Health Regional Issue 2012; 1: 46-53.
163. Shih V, Chan A, Xie F, Yu K. Health State Utility Assessment for Breast cancer. Value in Health Regional Issue 2012; 1: 93-97.
164. Lopes G, Burke T, Pellissier J, Zhang XH, Dedhiya S, Chan A. Aprepitant for Patients Receiving Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy: An Economic Analysis for Singapore. Value in Health Regional Issue 2012; 1: 66-74.
165. Cheung YT, Shwe M, Tan YP, Fan G, Ng R, Chan A. Cognitive changes in multiethnic Asian breast cancer patients: a focus group study. Ann Oncol 2012; 23(10):2547-52.
166. Chan A, Low XH, Yap KYL. Assessment of the Relationship between Adherence with Antiemetic Drug Therapy and Control of Nausea and Vomiting in Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Anthracycline-Based Chemotherapy. J Manag Care Pharm 2012; 18(5):385-94.
167. Cheung YT, Tan EH, Chan A. An evaluation on the neuropsychological tests used in the assessment of postchemotherapy cognitive changes in breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 2012;20(7):1361-75.
168. Chan A, Chen C, Chiang J, Tan SH, Ng R. Incidence of Febrile Neutropenia among Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Anthracycline-based Chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2012; 20(7): 1525-32.
169. Teo YL, Saetaew M, Chanthawong S, Yap YS, Chan EC, Ho HK, Chan A. Effect of CYP3A4 inducer dexamethasone on hepatotoxicity of lapatinib: clinical and in vitro evidence. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2012; 133(2): 703-11.
170. Yap K, Leong C, Chan A. Controlling Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting with Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonists in Patients on AC-Based Chemotherapy—Are We There Yet? Journal of Cancer Therapy 2012; 3(1): 90-102.
171. Chan A, Tang T, Ng T, Shih V, Tay K, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST. To SMILE or not: Supportive Care Matters. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30 (9): 1015-6.
172. Chan A, Ng T, Yap KYL. Clinically-relevant anticancer-antidepressant drug interactions. Expert Opin Drug MetabToxicol 2011; 18(2): 165-74.
173. Chiang J, Chan A, Lian T, Tay K, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST. Management of Tumor Lysis Syndrome with a Single Fixed Dose of Rasburicase in Asian Lymphoma Patients: A Case Series and Review of Literature. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 2011; 7: 351–356.
174. Yap YK, Low XH, Chui WK, Chan A. Computational prediction of state anxiety in Asian patients with cancer susceptible to chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2012;32(2):207-217.
175. Chan A, Lin TH, Shih V, Ching TH, Chiang J. Clinical Outcomes Among Singaporean Cancer Patients Receiving Chemotherapy With Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Cohort Study.Altern Ther Health Med 2012;18(1):12-7.
176. Yap KYL, See CS, Kuo EY, Chui WK, Chan A. Utilizing mobile networks for the detection of clinically-relevant interactions between chemotherapy regimens and complementary and alternative medicines. J Altern Complement Med 2011; 18(2):165-74.
177. Cheung YT, Chui WK, Chan A. Neuro-cognitive impairment in breast cancer patients: Pharmacological considerations. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2012; 83(1):99-111.
178. Yap KY, Chui WK, Chan A. Development of a chemotherapy regimen interaction database for the mobile internet: detecting interactions with psychotropics through OncoRx-MI. Inform Health Soc Care 2011;36(3):132-46.
179. Lacouture ME, Anadkat MJ, Bensadoun RJ, Bryce J, Chan A, Epstein JB, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of EGFR inhibitor-associated dermatologic toxicities. Support Care Cancer 2011;19(8):1079-95.
180. Chan A, Yap KYL, Koh D, Low XH, Cheung YT. Electronic Database to Predict Drug-Drug Interactions Between Antidepressants and Oral Anticancer Drugs from a Cancer Centre in Singapore: Implications to Clinicians. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2011; 20(9):939-47
181. Lee J, Chan A. Polypharmacy in the elderly cancer patient: clinical implications and management. Lancet Oncology 2011;12(13):1249-5
182. Chan A, Chiang J, Lew KY, Chay WY. Preventing Oxaliplatin-Induced Sensory Neurotoxicity: A Methodology Perspective. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29(16):e48.
183. Ng TRD, Chan A. Dosing recommendations of targeted cancer therapies in patients with special needs: Evidence and Controversies. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2012; 81: 58-74.
184. Chan A, Leng XZ, Chiang JYL, Tao M, Quek R, Tay K, Lim ST. A comparison of daily filgrastim and pegfilgrastim to prevent febrile neutropenia in Asian lymphoma patients. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 2011;7(1):75-81.
185. Ng JH, Ang XY, Tan SH, Tao M, Lim ST, Chan A. Breakthrough febrile neutropenia and associated complications in Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma patients receiving pegfilgrastim. Acta Haem 2011;125:107-114.
186. Chan A, Tan EH. How well does the MESTT correlate with CTCAE scale for the grading of dermatological toxicities associated with oral tyrosine kinase inhibitors? Support Care Cancer 2011;19(10):1667-74.
187. Chan QR, Chan A. Impact of Erythropoiesis-Simulating Agent prescribing at an Asian cancer centre, after release of safety advisories. J Onc Pharm Pract 2010; 17(4): 350-9.
188. Cheung YT, Yap KYL, Chui WK, Chan A. Drug-Drug Interactions between Oral Antiepileptics and Oral Anticancer Drugs: Implications to Clinicians. European Neurology 2010; 64:88-94.
189. Yap KYL, Yak XR, Shih V, Chui WK, Chan A. Application of unsupervised learning in clinical oncology practice – exploring anxiety characteristics in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting through principal variables. Journal of Computing 2010; 2(7): 163-171.
190. Yap KY, Ho YX, Chui WK, Chan A. Harnessing the internet cloud for managing drug interactions with chemotherapy regimens in patients with cancer suffering from depression. Acta Oncol 2010. DOI: 10.3109/02841861003801130.
191. Chiang J, Chan A, Shih V, Hee SW, Tao M, Lim ST. A prospective study to evaluate the feasibility and economic benefits of rapid infusion rituximab at an Asian cancer center. Int J Hematol 2010; 91(5):826-30
192. Chan A, Fu WH, Shih V, Chua JC, Tan SH, Ng R. Impact of colony stimulating factors to reduce febrile neutropenic events in breast cancer patients receiving docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2011; 19:497–504.
193. Yap KYL, Raaj S, Chan A. OncoRx-IQ: A tool for quality assessment of online anticancer drug interactions. Int J Qual Health Care 2010; 22:93-106.
194. Yap KYL, See CS, Chan A. Clinically-relevant chemotherapy interactions with complementary and alternative medicines in patients with cancer. Recent Patents on Food, Nutrition and Agriculture 2010; 2(1):12-55.
195. Yap KYL, Chan A, Chui WK. Opinions on drug interaction sources in anticancer treatments and parameters for an oncology specific database by pharmacy practitioners in Asia. Health Services Insights 2010;3: 1-12.
196. Yap KYL, Chan A, Chui WK, Chen YZ. Cancer informatics for the clinician: An interaction database for chemotherapy regimens and antiepileptic drugs. Seizure 2010;19: 59-67.
197. Chan A, Yap KYL. Detection and management of oncology drug interactions: Can we do better? Maturitas 2010; 65(3):181-2.
198. Chan A, Tan SH, Wong CM, Yap KY, Yu K. Clinically significantly drug-drug interactions between oral anticancer agents and nonanticancer agents: a Delphi survey of oncology pharmacists. Clin Ther 2009; 31: 2979-86.
199. Yap KYL, Kuo EY, Lee JJ, Chui WK, Chan A. An onco-informatics database for anticancer drug interactions with complementary and alternative medicines used in cancer treatment and supportive care: an overview of the OncoRx project. Support Care Cancer 2010;18(7):883-91.
200. Lam CK, Chiang J, Shih V, Chan A. The prevalence of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) usage in Singaporean Breast Cancer patients. Asia Pacific Journal of Oncology and Hematology 2009; 1(3): 1-6.
201. Tan EH, Chan A. Evidence based treatment options for the management of skin toxicities associated with EGFR inhibitors. Ann Pharmacother 2009; 43:1658-66.
202. Yap KYL, Chan A, Chui WK. Improving pharmaceutical care in oncology through pharmacoinformatics: the evolving role of informatics and the internet for drug therapy. Lancet Oncology 2009; 10:1011-19.
203. Yap KYL, Chui WK, Tan WL, Chan A. Clinically relevant drug interactions between anticancer drugs and psychotropic agents. Eur J Cancer Care 2011;20(1):6-32
204. Lai GG, Lim ST, Tao M, Chan A, Li H, Quek R. Late-onset neutropenia following RCHOP chemotherapy in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Am J Hematol 2009; 84(7):414-7.
205. Yap KYL, Chen YZ, Chui WK, Chan A. Oncoinformatics for the healthcare professional: oncology databases and blogs. Internet Journal of Oncology 2009;6(1):1-22. Available at: http://www.ispub.com/journal/the_internet_journal_of_oncology/volume_6_number_1_36/article/oncoinformatics_for_the_healthcare_professional_oncology_databases_and_blogs.html.
206. Chan A, Lim LL, Tao M. Utilisation Review of epoetin alfa in cancer patients at a cancer centre in Singapore. Singapore Med J 2009; 50(4): 365-70.
207. Lee JYC, Tan F, Chan A. Evaluation of thiazolidinediones on cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review. The Journal of Nursing Practitioner 2009; 5(3): 176-184.
208. Shih V, Hee SW, Chan A. Clinical Predictors of Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV) in Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Adjuvant Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide (AC) Chemotherapy. Ann Pharmacother 2009; 43:444-452.
209. Chan A, Leow YC, Sim MH. Patients’ Perspectives and Safe Handling of Oral Anti-Cancer Drugs at an Asian Cancer Centre. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2009; 15:161–165.
210. Shih V, Chiang JYL, Chan A. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) usage in Singaporean adult cancer patients. Ann Oncol 2009; 20: 752-757.
211. Wong CM, Ko Y, Chan A. Clinically Significant Drug-Drug Interactions between Oral Anticancer Agents and Non-Anticancer Agents: Drug-Drug Interaction Profiling and Comparison of Two Drug Compendia. Ann Pharmacother 2008; 42:1737-1748.
212. Yap KYL, Chui WK, Chan A. Drug interactions between chemotherapy regimens and antiepileptics. Clin Ther 2008; 8: 1387-407.
213. Chan A, Shih V, Chew L. Evolving roles of oncology pharmacists in Singapore: A survey on prescribing patterns of antiemetics for Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV) at a Cancer Centre. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2008; 14: 23-29.
214. Chan A, Shih V, Tham CK. Liposomal doxorubicin associated acute hypersensitivity despite appropriate preventive measures. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2007; 13(2):105-7.
215. Chan A, Iannucci A, Dager WE. Systemic Anticoagulant Prophylaxis for Central Catheter-Associated Venous Thrombosis in Cancer Patients. Ann Pharmacother 2007;41: 635-41.
216. Elg C, Chan A, Hernandez L. The war on cancer: Now in a convenient tablet form. California Journal of Health Systems Pharmacists 2007; 19(2): 5-13.
217. Chan A, Ignoffo RJ. Survey of Topical Oral Solutions for the treatment of Chemo-Induced Oral Mucositis. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2005;11(4):139-43.
218. Olin J, Chan A. Experience with nesiritide at a community hospital. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2004; 61: 1337-8.
219. Olin J, Chan A, Lazarus E. Pulmonary Edema and Possible Pneumonitis Associated with Celecoxib. Ann Pharmacother 2004; 38: 1086.
International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners 2018—2020
International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners 2020—2022
Board of Director
Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer 2012—2020
Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice 2010—Now
Editorial Board Member
Supportive Care in Cancer 2020—Now
Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer 2021