Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing
Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University, Biomedical Informatics
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Nursing Informatics
B.S., Seoul National University, Nursing
University of California, Irvine
100D Berk Hall
Mail Code: 3959
Irvine, CA 92697
Biomedical Informatics, AI / Machine Learning for Healthcare, Predictive Modeling, Natural Language Processing
- An NIH-funded study to investigate disparities in cancer screening among people with and without Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Extracting breast cancer treatment outcomes using Natural Language Processing
- Comparing breast cancer treatment effectiveness using SEER data
- Predicting COVID-19 treatment outcomes of cancer patients
- Developing a predictive model for Catheter-associated UTI
- Personalized risk prediction of VTE
- Prostate Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Developing a prognostic tool for COVID-19
1. * Park JI, Kim D, Lee J, Zheng K, Amin A. Personalized Risk Prediction of 30-day Readmissions with Venous Thromboembolism using Machine Learning. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2021; Early View, https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12637.
2. * Chow DS, Glabis-Bloom J, Soun J, Weinberg B, Berens-Loveless T, Xie X, Mutasa S, Monuki E, Park JI, Bota D, Wu J, Thompson L, Boden-Albala B, Kahn S, Amin A, Chang, P. Development and External Validation of a Prognostic Tool for COVID-19 Critical Disease. PLoS ONE. 2020, 15(12): e0242953.
3. * Park JI, Bliss DZ, Chi C, Delaney CW, Westra BL. Knowledge Discovery with Machine Learning for Hospital-Acquired Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 2020; 38(1):28-35.
4. * Park JI, Bliss DZ, Chi C, Delaney CW, Westra BL. Factors Associated with Healthcare-Acquired Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections: Analysis Using Multiple Data Sources and Data Mining Techniques. Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing. 2018; 45(2), 168-173.
5. * Westra BL, Christie B, Johnson SG, Pruinelli L, LaFlamme A, Sherman SG, Park JI, Delaney CW, Grace G, Speedie S. Modeling Flowsheet Data to Support Secondary Use. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 2017; 35(9), 452-458.
6. Westra BL, Sylvia M, Weinfurter EF, Pruinelli L, Park JI, Dodd D, Keenan GM, Senk P, Richesson RL, Baukner V, Cruz C, Gao G, Whittenburg L, Delaney CW. Big Data Science: A Literature Review of Nursing Research Exemplars. Nursing Outlook. 2017; 65(5), 549-561.
7. Westra BL, Latimer GE, Matney SA, Park JI, Sensmeier J, Simpson RL, Swanson MJ, Warren J, Delaney CW. A National Action Plan for Sharable and Comparable Nursing Data to Support Practice and Translational Research for Transforming Health Care. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2015; 0:1–8.
8. Park JI, Pruinelli L, Westra BL, Delaney CW. Applied Nursing Informatics Research – State-of-the-Art Methodologies using Electronic Health Record Data. Studies in health technology and informatics. 2014; 201, 395-400.
9. Jung MS, Park JI, Delaney CW, Westra BL. A Review of Practical Use and Research Trend on Nursing Management Minimum Data Sets (NMMDS). Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2014; 20(4), 406-414.