Assistant Professor, Dermatology
School of Medicine
Associate Residency Program Director, Dermatology
School of Medicine
M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2014
Phone: (949) 824-5515
University of California, Irvine
Department of Dermatology
118 Medical Surge I
Irvine, CA 92697
Infectious diseases, Inpatient dermatology, Medical education, Psoriasis
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 2010
Biology Faculty Prize, 2010
Senior Thesis Departmental Honors, 2010
Magna Cum Laude, Allegheny College, 2010
Joseph Collins Foundation Scholarship, 2011-2013
Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2013
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2013
Magna Cum Laude, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2014
ASDS Annual Meeting Scholarship, 2016
AADA Legislative Conference Scholarship, 2016
ASDS Resident Liaison, 2016-2017
ACDS Annual Meeting Allergen Bee Contest 2nd Place, 2017
ODS/WSDA Joint Dermatologic Meeting Resident CPC Contest 2nd Place, 2017
Chief Dermatology Resident, Oregon Health & Science University, 2017-2018
Medical Dermatology Society Mentorship Program Award, 2018
UC Irvine Dean's Scholar, 2018-Present
UCI School of Medicine Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
Faculty Mentor, UCI Resident and Fellows Scholars Academy, 2019-Present
UCI School of Medicine Rising Star, 2019
1. Rojek NW and Norton SA. Violaceous necrotic plaques on the leg of an immunosuppressed patient. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Jun 1;150(6):674.
2. Rojek NW and Norton SA. Diagnosis of neonatal infection with herpes simplex virus. JAMA. 2014 Feb 5; 311(5):527-8.
3. Damavandy A, Rojek NW, Dugan EM, Walker DH, Norton SA. Fever and rash after a safari. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015 Jan; 72(1):e5-e6.
4. Frank JA, Rojek, N, Foreman RS. A case of hypertrichosis lanuginosa acquisita as a sign of malignancy. Eur J Dermatol. 2017 Feb; 27(1):66-67.
5. Rojek NW, Korcheva V, Leachman SA. A large skin-colored nodule on the plantar foot: a quiz. Acta Derm Venereol. 2017 Nov; 97(10):1265-1266.
6. Rojek NW, Shinkai K, Fett N. Dermatology faculty and residents’ perspectives on the dermatology residency application process: a nationwide survey. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Jul; 79(1):157-159.
7. Shwe S, Kraus CN, Linden KG, Rojek NW. Erythema multiforme in a child with Kawasaki disease. JAAD Case Reports. 2019 Apr; 5(4):386-388.
8. Sharma AJ and Rojek NW. Assessing the financial literacy of dermatology residents: a nationwide survey. J Am Acad Dermatol. Accepted Oct 2019.
OTHER PUBLISHED WRITINGS:
Rojek NW. It’s time to rethink the current dermatology residency application process. 2018 Sep. Retrieved from: https://nextstepsinderm.com/resident-corner/navigating-residency/its-time-to-rethink-the-current-dermatology-residency-application-process/
Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
Member, Association of Professors of Dermatology
Member, Medical Dermatology Society
Member, Society for Dermatology Hospitalists
Member, Pacific Dermatologic Association
Oregon Health & Science University, Dermatology 2015—2018