Microbubble drug delivery, machine and deep learning, distal aqueous outflow modeling and fluid mechanics
Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Ophthalmology
Orange County Physician of Excellence, Orange County Medical Association, 2020
Clinician Scientist Award, American Glaucoma Society, March 2019
MAPS Award, American Glaucoma Society, November 2018
“One to watch” in the Millennial Eye 2016
Co-Instructor, Refractive Cataract Surgery, Skills Transfer Lab, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2016 New Orleans
Invited Panelist, IOL Design, ASCRS 2015 San Diego
Best Resident Research Award, Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, UC Irvine 2014
Principal Investigator, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Foundation Research Grant Award 2014
Invited Attendee of the 8th Annual Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Residents Retreat 2013
Best Resident Research Award, Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, UC Irvine 2013
Finalist, Best Resident and Fellow Research Presentation, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2013
Resident Excellence Award, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2013
Second place, Dr. Henry and Lilian Nesburn Ophthalmology Resident Research Award 2013
Radiological Society of North America Medical Student Research Grant Award 2007
Society of Molecular Imaging Young Investigator Achievement Award 2006
Young Investigator Award, Society of Vascular Medicine and Biology 2002
1. Lin KY, Wang BY, Tsao PS, Cooke JP: Elevated glucose increases ADMA: role of oxidative stress and DDAH. J Am Coll Card. 2002; 39:251A.
2. Lin KY and Cooke JP. VEGF and bFGF upregulate endothelial nicotinic acetylcholine receptor expression. European Heart J. 2002 (4S); 536.
3. Dayoub H, Jacobi J, Lin KY, Patterson A, Tsao PS, and Cooke JP. Lessons from a DDAH transgenic mouse: role of ADMA in regulating NOS activity and blood pressure. European Heart J. 2002 (4S); 132.
4. Jacobi J, Sydow K, Degenfeld VG, Zhang Y, Wang B, Dayoub H, Lin KY, Patterson AJ, Kimoto M, Blau HM, Cooke JP. Asymmetric dimethylarginine impairs angiogenesis and limb perfusion in a murine model of hindlimb ischemia. J Am Coll Cardiology 2004;43:473A
5. Iijima K, Lin KY, Noda S, Sydow K, Mocarski ES, Cooke JP. Cytomegalovirus impairs endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathway: role of oxidative stress and viral entry. J Am Coll Cardiology 2004;43:507A
6. Lin KY and Cooke JP. Acute injection of asymmetric dimethylarginine reduces insulin sensitivity in mice. J Am Coll Cardiology 2004;43:527A
7. Lin KY, Maricevich M, Berger J, Weissleder R, Bardeesy N, Mahmood U. SMAD4 increases tumor vascular density and complexity in a mouse model of orthotopic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Society of Molecular Imaging 2006 Meeting. Oral presentation.
8. Lin KY, Maricevich M, Perchant A, Loisseau S, Weissleder R, Mahmood U. Novel imaging method and morphometric analyses of microvasculature in live mice using a fiber-optic confocal laser microprobe. Radiological Society of North America 2006 meeting. Oral presentation.
9. Lin KY, Maricevich M, Weissleder R, Mahmood U. Capillary diameter distribution as a biomarker for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Digestive Disease Week and American Gastroenterology Association Joint Meeting 2007. Poster presentation.
10. Lin KY, Pfeffer C, Weissleder R, Mahmood U. In vivo nonlinear optical molecular imaging and its clinical applicability. Education Exhibit Session, Radiological Society of North America 2007 meeting.
11. Lin KY, Pfeffer C, Weissleder R, Mahmood U In Vivo Evaluation of Collagen Content and the Tumor Microenvironment in Pancreatic Ductal Cancer Using Second Harmonic Generation Imaging. Radiological Society of North America 2007 meeting
12. Lin KY, Pfeffer C, Weissleder R, Mahmood U. Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering (CARS) Imaging Reveals Pancreatic Acini at Subcellular Resolution in Vivo. Radiological Society of North America 2007 meeting.
13. Lin KY, Lu SY. Navilas Panretinal Photocoagulation in Diabetic Retinopathy: A Case Series. Poster #367. ARVO 2012
14. Garg S, Wade, M., Farid, M., Lin KY. Penetrating keratoplasty performed with a femtosecond laser zig-zag Incision 2012 Cornea Society/EBAA Fall Educational Symposium
15. Lin KY, Morgan PV, Steinert R. Impact of early vs. late suture removal on astigmatism and visual acuity in femtosecond laser keratoplasty. Poster #6055, ARVO 2012
16. Lin KY, Wade M, Steinert RF. Penetrating keratoplasty performed with a femtosecond laser zig-zag incision – comparison of suture pattern on astigmatism. ASCRS 2013
17. Wade M, Lin KY, Steinert RF, Farid M. Penetrating keratoplasty performed with a femtosecond laser zig-zag incision – suture out results. ASCRS 2013
18. Lu SY, Lin KY. Laser photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy using 532-nm standard laser versus navigated pattern laser. ARVO 2013
19. Richardson A, Tran T, Chen VM, Gharaei N, Lin KY. Convolutional neural networks for fast and accurate ophthalmic medication bottle classification. American Glaucoma Society Meeting 2020, Washington DC.
20. Ataei M, Lin KY, Lee AP. Microfluidic generation of monodisperse, drug carrying ultrasound contrast microbubbles for uveal melanoma imaging and therapy. ARVO 2020, Baltimore Maryland.
21. Mohammadi O, Afzali K, Gharaei N, Lin KY. Gender shift among academic glaucoma specialists in the past 30 years. ARVO 2020. Baltimore Maryland.
22. Schmitt K, Bussel I, Lin KY. Associaitons between patient wait-time and Humphrey visual field reliability indices among glaucoma patients. American Academy of Ophthalmology 2020 Abstract number 30064691
23. Afzali K, Ataei M, Lin KY. Does more fenestrations on glaucoma drainage implants lead to greater pressure reduction? A laboratory study. American Academy of Ophthalmology 2020 Abstract number 30064636
24. Tran T, Richardson A, Chen VM, Lin KY. Fast and accurate ophthalmic medication identification using an offline artificial intelligence system on a smartphone device. American Glaucoma Society Virtual Meeting 2021 Poster.
25. LaRocca M, Mohammadi O, Kenney C, Lin KY. Long-pulsed ultrasound enhances the cytotoxic effect of doxorubicin on cultured human retinal pigment epithelial cells. ARVO Virtual 2021 Poster.
26. Mohammadi O, LaRocca M, Gladisch J, Stavinidou E, Berggren M, Kenney C, Lin KY. Toxicity of p(g3T2) polymer on human retinal pigment epithelial cells. ARVO Virtual 2021 Poster.
1. Lin KY, Ito A, Asagami T, Tsao PS, Adimoolam S, Kimoto M, Tsuji H, Reaven GM, and Cooke JP. Impaired NOS pathway in diabetes mellitus: role of asymmetric dimethylarginine and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase. Circulation 2002; 106:987-992.
2. Engler MM, Engler MB, Malloy MJ, Chiu EY, Schloetter MC, Stuehlinger MC, Lin KY, Cooke JP, Morrow JD, Ridker PM, Rifai N, and Mietus-Snyder M. Antioxidant vitamins C and E improve endothelial function in children and adolescents with hyperlipidemia: Endothelial Assessment of Risk from Lipids in Youth (EARLY) Trial. Circulation 2003;108:1059-1063
3. Weis M, Kledal TN, Lin KY, Panchal SN, Gao SZ, Valantine HA, Mocarski ES, Cooke JP. Cytomegalovirus infection impairs the nitric oxide synthase pathway: role of asymmetric dimethylarginine in transplant arteriosclerosis. Circulation. 2004; 109:500-505.
4. Lin KY, Maricevich M, Weissleder R, Mahmood U. In vivo quantitative microvasculature phenotype imaging of healthy and malignant tissue using a fiber-optic confocal laser microprobe. Transl Oncol 2008;2:84-94
5. Lin KY, Ngai P, Echegoyen JC, Tao JP. Imaging in orbital trauma. SJO 2012;26:427-32
6. Echegoyen JC, Hirabayashi KE, Lin KY, Tao JP. Imaging of eyelid lymphatic drainage. SJO 2012;26:487-93
7. Mosaed S, Chak G, Haider A, Lin KY, Minckler DS. Results of trabectome surgery following failed tube shunt implantation - cohort study. Medicine 2015;94:e1045
8. Ngai P, Kim G, Chak K, Lin K, Maeda M, Mosaed S. Outcome of primary trabeculotomy ab interno (Trabectome) surgery in patients with steroid-induced glaucoma. Medicine 2016;95:e5383
9. Lin KY, Mosaed S, Jacobsen B. Case report: imaging and treatment of ophthalmic manifestations in oculodentodigital dysplasia. BMC Ophthalmology 2016;16:5
10. Lin KY et al. Critical evaluation of latanoprostene bunod in the treatment of glaucoma. Clinical Ophthalmology 2016;10:2035-2050
11. Lin KY, Yang M, Minckler DS. Histological basis for the variability of visual field defects in early glaucoma 2018 Oct3. doi:10/1111/aos.13927
12. Mosaed S, Vahidi R, Lin KY. Effect of music tempo on operating room preparation time 2018 Nov 12:1750458918808151. doi: 10.1177/1750445918808151
13. Lin KY and Mosaed S. Ab externo imaging of human episcleral vessels using a fiber-optic confocal laser endomicroscopy. Journal of Ophthalmic and Vision Research 2019;14:275-284
14. Yang MC, Lin KY. Drug-induced acute angle-closure glaucoma: a review. Journal of Current Glaucoma Practice 2019:10.5005/jp-journals-10078-1261
15. Richardson AJ, Tran T, Chen V, Lin KY. Fast and accurate ophthalmic medication bottle identification using deep learning on a smartphone device. Ophthalmol Glaucoma 2021 Aug 11;S2589-4196(21)00184-8.
16. Lin KY, Urban G, Yang MC et al. Accurate identification of the trabecular meshwork under gonioscopic view in real time using deep learning. Ophthalmol Glaucoma 2021 Nov 16;S2589-4196(21)00270-2.
1. Lin KY, Contributing author, “Endocrine and Renal disorders”. USMLE Rx Step 1, www.usmlerx.com
2. Lin KY, Sillin LF, Jones DB: Chapter 43: American College of Surgeons Accreditation of Education Institutes. In: Textbook in Simulation: Skills and Team Training; S Tsuda, DJ Scott, DB Jones, ed; Cine-Med, Woodbury, CT, pp. 475-486; 2012
2. Lin KY, Edelman E. “Basic Cardiac Structure and Function.” Leonard Lilly MD, in Pathophysiology of Heart Diseases, 5th edition. Lippincott Williams &Wilkins 2010
4. Lin KY, Jung H, and Come PC. “Diagnostic Imaging and Cardiac Catheterization.” Leonard Lilly MD, in Pathophysiology of Heart Diseases, 5th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2010
5. Lingua RW, Lin KY. “Strabismus Surgery” in Ophthalmic Microsurgery: Principles, Techniques, and Applications by Garg S and Steinert RF. January 2014, SLACK Incorporated
American Glaucoma Society, MAPS Grant
Clinical Scientist Award, American Glaucoma Society
Research to Prevent Blindness (RPB) Unrestricted Grant
Fritch Immunotherapy Grant
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Glaucoma Society
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Association of University Professors in Ophthalmology
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Gavin Herbert Eye Institute
Biomolecular Microsystems and Nano Transducers Lab