Leukemias, Lymphomas, Myelodysplastic syndrome
Orange County Physician of Excellence, Orange Coast Magazine/OCMA - 2019
Southern California Rising Star, Los Angeles - 2018
Southern California Rising Star, Los Angeles - 2017
Southern California Rising Star, Los Angeles - 2016
Teacher of the Year for Division of Hematology/Oncology - 2014
1. Sallman DA, Malki MA, Asch AS, et al. Tolerability and efficacy of the first-in-class anti-CD47 antibody magrolimab combined with azacitidine in MDS and AML patients: Phase 1b results. Poster. ASCO. Abstract number 7507. J Clin Onc 38: 2020 (suppl; abstr 7507)
2. Daver D, Malki MA, Asch A, et al. The first-in-class anti-CD47 antibody magrolimab combined with azacitidine is well tolerated and effective in AML patients. EHA library 06/12/20 294964; 5144.
3. Sallman D, Malki MA, Asch A, et al. The first-in-class anti-CD47 antibody magrolimab combined with azacitidine is well tolerated and effective in MDS patients. EHA library 06/12/20 295007; 5187.
4. Sallman D, Asch A, Kambhampati S, et al. The first in class anti-CD47 antibody magrolimab combined with azacitidine is well tolerated and effective in AML patients: Phase 1b results. ASH 12/6/20; 330.
5. Daver N, Aribi A, Montesinos P, Roboz G, Wang ES, Walter R, Jeyakumar D, et al. Safety and Efficacy from a Phase 1b/2 Study of IMGN632 in Combination with Azacitidine and Venetoclax for Patients with CD123-Positive Acute Myeloid Leukemia. ASH 12/12/21; 372.
1. Advani A, Moseley A, O’Dwyer K, Wood B, Park JH, Wieduwilt M, Jeyakumar D et al. A Phase 2 Study of Dasatinib, Prednisone, and Blinatumomab for Older Patients with Philadelphia-Chromosome (Ph) Positive or Ph-like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) (with Dasatinib Sensitive Fusions/ Mutations). Presented at ASH 2021
2. Sallman DA, Asch A, Kambhampati S, et al. AML 196: The first in-class anti-CD47 antibody Magrolimab in combination with azacytidine is well tolerated and effective in AML: phase Ib results. Presented at SOHO 2021.
3. Sallman DA, Malki MA, Asch AS, et al. THE FIRST-IN-CLASS ANTI-CD47 ANTIBODY MAGROLIMAB COMBINED WITH AZACITIDINE IS WELL-TOLERATED AND EFFECTIVE IN MDS PATIENTS: PHASE 1B RESULTS. Presented at EHA 2020.
4. Daver N, Malki MA, Asch AS, et al. THE FIRST-IN-CLASS ANTI-CD47 ANTIBODY MAGROLIMAB COMBINED WITH AZACITIDINE IS WELL-TOLERATED AND EFFECTIVE IN AML PATIENTS: PHASE 1B RESULTS. Presented at EHA 2020.
5. Sallman DA, Malki MA, Asch AS, et al. Tolerability and efficacy of the first-in-class anti-CD47 antibody magrolimab combined with azacitidine in MDS and AML patients: Phase Ib results. Presented at ASCO 2020.
6. Schwartz M, Damon LE, Jeyakumar D, et al. Blinatumomab in combination with pembrolizumab is safe for adults with relapsed or refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia: University of California Hematologic Malignancies Consortium Study 1504. Poster. ASH 2019. Blood 134: supplement 13880.
7. Jeyakumar D, Klempner S. Therapy-related AML and the Exposure to oxaliplatin in context of treatment for colorectal cancer. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia, Volume 19, S240. Poster Presented at SOHO 2019.
8. Schwartz M, Jeyakumar D, Damon L , et al. A phase I/II study of blinatumomab in combination with pembrolizumab for adults with relapsed refractory B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia: University of California Hematologic Malignancies Consortium Study 1504. Poster. ASCO 2019. J Clin Oncol 37, 2019 (suppl; abstr TPS7064)
9. Jonas B, Curtin P, Schiller G, Jeyakumar D, et al. A Phase 1 Trial of the Combination of Ibrutinib and Azacitidine for the Treatment of Higher Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes: University of California Hematologic Malignancies Consortium (UCHMC) Study 1503. Poster, ASH 2018. Blood 132: 3088.
10. Jonas B, Logan A, Jeyakumar D, et al. A Phase 1 Trial of the Combination of Ibrutinib and Azacitidine for the Treatment of Higher Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes: University of California Hematologic Malignancies Consortium (UCHMC) Study 1503. Poster, ASH 2017. Blood 130: 2973.
11. Jeyakumar D, Sarkissian S, Siaghani P and Rezk S. (2015). Successful Treatment of Macrophage Activation Syndrome in Chronic Lymphoproliferative Disorder of Natural Killer Cells with Cyclophosphamide. Poster, ASH 2015. Blood 126:5073.
12. Tang, R., Jerkins, J., Zhao, X., and Jeyakumar, D. (2015). ‘Triple-hit’ lymphoma with rapid “leukemic” phase after resection of primary tumor. Poster, 2nd annual summit on practical and emerging trends in lymphoid malignancies and myeloma 2015.
13. Jeyakumar, D., Sprague, K., Miller, K.B., Klein, A., Klingemann, H. (2011). Clofarabine for Cytoreduction prior to Allogeneic Transplant Conditioning for Refractory Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. Poster, ASBMT 2012.
14. Jeyakumar, D., Zibelman, M., Hurth, R., Krauz, L., Saraf, S., Molokie, R. and Desimone, J. Fever in Hospitalized Adult patients with Sickle cell disease. Poster, ASH 2010. Blood 2010, Nov 19 supplement.
15. Bartram A., Jeyakumar D., VanCura, B., Halline, A., Abdominal Pain Masking a Choledochal Cyst. ACP Regional Conference. November 2007.
16. Vara, S., Jeyakumar, D., Reed, R.. Typical and Atypical Paraneoplastic Syndromes: A case of Hypercalcemia and Polymyalgia Rheumatica in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung. ACP Regional Conference November 2006.
1. Jeyakumar D, O’Brien S. Treatment of CLL and other related disease. Neoplastic disease in Blood. P Wiernik ed. Springer; 2018: 117-134.
2. Jeyakumar, D and Miller, KB. Chapter 30 Acute myelogenous leukemia. Excellent care for cancer survivors: A guide to fully meet their needs in medical offices and in the community. K Miller ed. Praeger; 2011: 322-341.
1. Shah BD, Ghobadi A, Oluwole OO, Logan AC, Boissel N, Cassaday RD, Leguay T, Bishop MR, Topp MS, Tzachanis D, O'Dwyer KM, Arellano ML, Lin Y, Baer MR, Schiller GJ, Park JH, Subklewe M, Abedi M, Minnema MC, Wierda WG, DeAngelo DJ, Stiff P, Jeyakumar D, Feng C, Dong J, Shen T, Milletti F, Rossi JM, Vezan R, Masouleh BK, Houot R. KTE-X19 for relapsed or refractory adult B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: phase 2 results of the single-arm, open-label, multicentre ZUMA-3 study. Lancet. 2021 Jun 3:S0140-6736(21)01222-8. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(21)01222-8. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34097852.
2. Jeyakumar D, O’Brien S. Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. JAMA Oncol. 2020;6(12):1899–1900. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2020.4599
3. Zhang K, Farrell D, Jeyakumar D, et al. Prolymphocytic transformation of lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma: an extremely unusual event. Hum Pathol. 2018 Oct 17.
4. Raufi A, Jerkins J, Lyou Y, Jeyakumar D. A Patient with Supraclavicular Lymphadenopathy and Anterior Mediastinal Mass Presenting as a Rare Case of Composite Lymphoma: A Case Report and Literature Review. Case Rep Oncol. 2016 Dec 14;9(3):854-860. doi: 10.1159/000453255.
5. Pinter-Brown LC, Jeyakumar D. Follicular lymphoma management. Medscape. September 15, 2016. Accessed on September 15, 2016.
6. Jeyakumar D, O’Brien S. The Next generation of targeted molecules for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Oncology 2016 Nov 15; 30(11). PMID: 27854102
7. Jeyakumar D, O’Brien S. B cell receptor inhibition as a target for CLL targets. Best Practice Research Clinical Haematology 2016 March; 29(1): 2-14. PMID: 27742069.
8. Burdens J, Seida P, Jeyakumar D and Francl MM. An Ab Initio molecular study of reduction of carbonyls by alkylaluminum complexes. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modeling, 2005 Dec; 24(3): 195-202. PMID: 16126421.
9. Swiggard WJ, O’Doherty U, McGain D, Jeyakumar D and Malim MH. Long HIV type 1 reverse transcripts can accumulate stably within resting CD4+ T cells while short ones are degraded. AIDS Research Human Retroviruses. 2004, Mar; 20(3): 285-95. PMID: 15117452.
10. O’Doherty U, Swiggard WJ, Jeyakumar D, McGain D and Malim MH. A sensitive, quantitative assay for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integration. Journal of Virology 2002, Nov; 76(21): 10942-50. PMID: 12368337.
American Society of Hematology (ASH)
Medical Oncology Association of Southern California (MOASC)
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy
Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)
Medical Oncology Association of Southern California (MOASC)
Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO)
Sickle Cell Center, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center 2008—2009
Medical Director, Douglas Hospital Units 76/78
UCI Health 2018—Pres
Internal Medicine Residency
University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center 2005—2008
Tufts Medical Center 2009—2012
Bone Marrow Transplant Fellowship
Stanford Medical Center 2012—2013
UC HMC 2015—curr
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center