School of Medicine
M.D., Medical College of Virginia, 1980
Residency in Internal Medicine, Lutheran General Hospital
Phone: (714) 456-5530
Fax: (714) 456-7933
University of California, Irvine
101 The City Drive
Bldg. 200, Suite 835
Mail Code: 1150
Orange, CA 92868
2012,Award from Public Education Committee, American Geriatrics Society
2009-2012, Listed in Best Doctors
2003-2011,James Webster Distinguished Physician Award Northwestern
2005,Elected to Fellowship in the American Geriatrics Society
1999, 2001-2003, 2011, 2012, Listed in How to Find the Best Doctors: Castle Connolly Guide, Top Doctors–Chicago
1991, Elected to Fellowship in the American College of Physicans
1. Sier H, Ouslander J: Urinary Incontinence. Geriatric Medicine Today. 4(8): 95, 1985.
2. Ouslander J, Sier H: Drug Treatment for Geriatric Urinary Incontinence. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine Vol 2(4):789, November 1986.
3. Sier H, Ouslander J, Orzeck S: Urinary Incontinence Among Geriatric Patients in an Acute Care Hospital. JAMA 257(13): 1767, 1987.
4. Solomon D, Judd H, Sier H, et al: New Issues in Geriatric Care. Annals of Internal Medicine 108(5): 718, 1988.
5. Sier H, Hartnell J, et al: Primary Hperparathyroidism and Dlirium in the Ederly. Journal of American Geriatrics Society 36(2): 157, February 1988.
6. Sier H, Elon R, Durso S: Practice Gidelines for Evaluation of Fever and Infection in Long Term Care Facilities Extract. Annals of Long Term Care 10(6):25, 2002.
7. Chang C-H, Gonzalez C, Lau D, Sier H: Urinary Incontinence and Self – Reported Health Among the US Mdicare Mnaged Care Beneficiaries. Journal of Aging and Health Vol 20 (10), 2008.
Quality Improvement Project Northwestern Memorial Hospital: $50,000: Improve transition of elderly surgical patients from Hospital to Skilled Nursing Facility: April 2011-Oct 2011.
Parkinson’s Disease: $300,000: 3 year Quality Improvement Grant from Braun foundation to improve quality of care to Parkinson’s patients at CJE Senior Life: 6/08-6/2011.
Washington Square Foundation Grant: $140,000: 2006-2008: Quality Improvement Grant to improve care to geriatric oncology patients via a Nurse Practitioner.
American College of Physicians
American Geriatrics Society
American Medical Directors Association
State Chapter: American Medical Directors Association
Chapter: American Geriatrics Society
Certified Medical Director, American Medical Directors Association