Associate Clinical Professor, Medicine
School of Medicine
Director of the Simulation Center for the Department of Medicine
Coordinator of the Morbidity & Mortality Conferences for the Dept of Medicine
Coordinator of the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Elective, Medicine
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, California, 2007
M.S., The Ohio State University, 2003, Organic Chemistry
B.S., The Ohio State University, 2001, Chemistry
Mini Fellowship in Point-of-Care Ultrasound, University of California, Irvine, 2015
Phone: (714) 456-5726
Fax: (714) 456-7182
University of California, Irvine
101 The City Drive South
Bldg. 26 Suite 1001
Mail Code: 4076
Orange, CA 92868
Sepsis, Atrial Fibrillation, Pulmonary Embolism, Anticoagulation, Point-of-Care Ultrasound, Simulation Training
Teaching Recognition Award, Drew/UCLA Medical Students, St. Mary Medical Center, Internal Residency Program, affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Outstanding Resident in Ambulatory Medicine, St. Mary Medical Center Internal Residency Program, affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
1. Darwish OS, Callam CS, Hadad CM, Lowary TL. J Carbohydr Chem 2003;22(9):963-981.
2. Darwish OS, Criley J. Hydrochlorothiazide-induced Non-cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema: Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid Analysis. CHEST 2011; 139(1):193-4.
3. Darwish OS, Erum I. Dual Antiplatelet Agent Induced Spontaneous Liver Hematoma. Ann Pharmacother 2012;46(11):e33.
4. Darwish OS, Strube S, Nguyen HM, Tanios MA. Challenges of Anticoagulation for Atrial Fibrillation in Patients With Severe Sepsis. Ann Pharmacother 2012;47(10):1266-1271.
5. Darwish OS. Tamponade of a True Heart. Clin Med Img Lib 2016;2;030.
6. Darwish OS. Perspective: Present people, not disease. ACF Hospitalist July 2016.
7. Singson 5, Kim R, Darwish OS. A Rare Cause of Ascites: Putting the Pieces of the Puzzle Together. Gastroenterol 2016; 151 (3):elO-2.
8. Raufi A, Scott S, Darwish 0, Harley K, Kahion K, Desai S, Lu Y, Tran M. Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome secondary to lupus nephritis, responsive to eculizumab. Hematology Reports 2016;8(3): 44-47.
Department of Medicine Chair’s Teaching Faculty Development and
Curriclum Fund; Title: Point of Care Ultrasount; Amount: $25,000
Time Span: Aug 2015- Aug 2016
American College of Physicians, Associate Member
American Osteopathic Association (AOA)