Women with Epilepsy/ Sleep and Epilepsy
1. Adams B, Sazgar M, Osehobo P, Van der Zee CEEM, Diamond J, Fahnestock M, Racine RJ. Nerve Growth Factor accelerates seizure development, Enhances mossy fiber sprouting, and attenuates seizure-induced decreases in neuronal density in the kindling model of epilepsy. J of Neuroscience 1997; 17:5288-96.
2. Osehobo P, Adams B, Sazgar M, Xu Y, Racine RJ, Fahnestock M. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor delays amygdala and perforant path kindling without affecting paired-pulse measures of neuronal inhibition in adult rats. Neuroscience 1999; 92:1367-75.
3. Sazgar M, Leonard NJ, Renaud DL, Bhargava R, Sinclair DB. Intracranial calcification, retinopathy, and osteopenia: a new syndrome? Pediatr Neurol: 2002; 26:324-8.
4. Sazgar M, Robinson JL, Chan AKJ, Sinclair DB. Influenza B acute necrotizing encephalopathy: A case report and literature review. Pediatr Neurol 2003; 28:396-9.
5. Sazgar M, Carlen PL, Wennberg R. Panic attack semiology in right temporal lobe epilepsy: illustrative case series. Poster presented at the 55th Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society, Nov 30-Dec 5, 2001. Epileptic Disord 2003; 5:93-100.
6. Sazgar M, Westmoreland BF, Sharbrough FW, and Klass KW. A glossary of terms used for PLEDs (periodic lateralized epileptiform discharges) and related EEG patterns. Am J END Technol 2003; 43:185-190.
7. Sazgar M, Cascino GD. Ictal monitoring can be omitted in some patients with mesial temporal sclerosis. In: Epilepsy Surgery: Principles and Controversies. Miller J.W., Silbergeld D.L., eds. New York, Marcel-Dekker 2005.
8. Sazgar M, Cascino GD. The role of ictal SPECT in the presurgical evaluation of extratemporal epilepsy. In: Epilepsy Surgery: Principles and Controversies. Miller J.W., Silbergeld D.L., eds. New York, Marcel-Dekker 2005.
9. Sazgar M, Bourgeois BFD. Aggravation of epilepsy by antiepileptic drugs. Pediatr Neurol 2005; 33:227-34.
10. Bourgeois BF, Sazgar M. Response: Stimulus-sensitivity in treated status epilepticus. Pediatr Neurol 2006; 34: 334.
11. Chung S, Sperling MR, Biton V, Krauss G, Hebert D, Rudd GD, Doty P; SP754 Study Group. Lacosamide as adjunctive therapy for partial-onset seizures: a randomized controlled trial. Epilepsia 2010; 51: 958-67.
12. Munich SA, Leonardo J, Sazgar M, Walter Grand. An Episode of Severely Suppressed Electrocerebral Activity Recorded by EEG during Endoscopic Resection of a Colloid Cyst. J Neurosurg 2012; 116(2):385-9. Epub 2011 Nov 18.
13. Li P, Ghadersohi S, Jafari B, Teter B, Sazgar M. Characteristics of refractory vs. medically controlled epilepsy patients with obstructive sleep apnea and their response to CPAP treatment. Seizure. 2012; 21(9): 717-21. Epub Aug 15, 2012.
14. Do AH, Wang PT, King CE, Schombs A, Lin JJ, Sazgar M, Hsu FP, Shaw SJ, Millett DE, Liu CY, Szymanska AA, Chui LA, Nenadic Z. Sensitivity and specificity of upper extremity movements decoded from electrocorticogram. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013 Jul; 2013:5618-21. doi: 10.1109/ EMBC.2013.6610824.
15. Goldberg H, Weinstock A1, Bergsland N, Dwyer MG, Farooq O, Sazgar M, Poloni G, Treu C, Weinstock-Guttman B, Ramanathan M, Zivadinov R. MRI segmentation analysis in temporal lobe and idiopathic generalized epilepsy. BMC Neurol. 2014 17;14:131. doi: 10.1186/1471-2377-14-131.
16. Flint RD, Wang PT, Wright ZA, King CE, Krucoff MO, Schuele SU, Rosenow JM, Hsu FP, Liu CY, Lin JJ, Sazgar M, Millett DE, Shaw SJ, Nenadic Z, Do AH, Slutzky MW. Extracting kinetic information from human motor cortical signals. Neuroimage. 2014 Nov 1;101:695-703. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2014.07.049. Epub 2014 Aug 2. PMID: 25094020.
17. Wang PT, King CE, McCrimmon CM, Lin JJ, Sazgar M, Hsu FP, Shaw SJ, Millet DE, Chui LA, Liu CY, Do AH, Nenadic Z. Comparison of decoding resolution of standard and high-density electrocorticogram electrodes. J Neurol Eng.2016 Apr;13(2):026016. doi: 10.1088/1741-2560/13/2/026016. Epub 2016 Feb 9
ABSTRACTS AND PRESENTATIONS
1. Sazgar M, Chick BA, Rashid K, Van der zee C, Diamond J, Fahnestock M, Racine RJ. Role of nerve growth factor in kindling and kindling induced mossy fiber sprouting. The Society for Neuroscience Abstracts: 21:1973, 1995. Poster Presentation at the 25th annual meeting, San Diego, California.
2. Adams BA, Osehobo P, Sazgar M, Fahnestock M, Racine RJ. The role of the cholinergic system in kindling-induced mossy fiber sprouting. The Society for Neuroscience Abstracts: 22:2090, 1996. Poster Presentation at the 26th annual meeting, Washington D.C. November 16-21, 1996.
3. Osehobo P, Adams BA, Sazgar M, Verdi J, Racine RJ, Fahnestock M. Effects of in vivo BDNF infusion on amygdala kindling, sprouting, and hilar area. The Society for Neuroscience Abstracts: 22:995, 1996. Poster Presentation at the 26th annual meeting, Washington DC, Nov 16-21, 1996.
4. Sazgar M, Adams BA, Osehobo P, White L, Fahnestock M, Racine RJ. Glial cell hypertrophy and kindling induced increases in hilar area. The Society for Neuroscience Abstracts: 22:2090, 1996. Poster Presentation at the 26th annual meeting, Washington D.C. November 16-21, 1996.
5. Osehobo P, Xu Y, Sazgar M, Racine RJ, Fahnestock M. BDNF has no effect on paired-pulse inhibition, but blocks perforant path kindling in chronically implanted adult rats. The Society for Neuroscience Abstracts: 23:2161, 1997. Poster Presentation at the 27th annual meeting, New Orleans, LA. October 25-30, 1997.
6. Sazgar M, Muratoglu M, Shuaib A. Ten years of experience with hemorrhagic stroke in young adults. The Can J Neurol Sci, 27 (supplement 2): S26, May 2000. Oral Platform Presentation at the 35th Meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
7. Sazgar M, Muratoglu M, Shuaib A. Risk factors in the young with stroke. The Can J Neurol Sciences, 27(supplement 2): S36, May 2000. Poster Presentation at the 35th Meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
8. Sazgar M, Muratoglu M, Shuaib A. Etiology of stroke in the young: a decade of experience. The Can J Neurol Sci, 27(supplement 2): S36, May 2000. Poster Presentation at the 35th Meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
9. Sazgar M, Shuaib A. Intra-arterial thrombolysis and angioplasty for prolonged vertebral artery occlusion: a case report of success. Winner of the Consults in Stroke National Case Study Competition, Canadian Stroke Consortium 2001.
10. Sazgar M, So EL, Cascino GD, Buchhalter JR, Mullan BP, Rohren EM. PET and SISCOM in patients with complicated intractable partial epilepsy. Epilepsia 2004; 45(Suppl 7):368. Platform Presentation at the American Epilepsy Society, 58th Annual Meeting, December 3 - 8, 2004, New Orleans, LA
11. Jafari B, Block SA, Rifkin DI, Sazgar M. The Role of Sleep Disorders and their Treatment in Patients with Medically Intractable Epilepsy. Poster Presentation at the American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting December 2-6, 2005, Washington DC. Epilepsia 2005; 46(Suppl 8):345.
12. Sazgar, M. Kodi S. Assessment of Anticonvulsant-Induced Bone Loss in Patients with Epilepsy and its Reversibility with Bisphosphonates. Poster Presentation at the American Epilepsy Society 61st Annual Meeting December 3, 2007, Philadelphia, PA Epilepsia 2007.
13. Hartley-McAndrew ME, Weinstock AL, Weinstock-Guttman B, Sazgar M, Li V, Rozelle C, Ramanathan M. Hippocampal Gene Expression as Predictors for Surgical Outcome in Patients with Medial Temporal Sclerosis. Poster Presentation at the American Epilepsy Society 62nd Annual Meeting December 5-9, 2008. Epilepsia 2008; 49(suppl 7): 79.
14. Li P, Ghadersohi S, Jafari B, and Sazgar M. Obstructive Sleep Apnea in an Epilepsy Population. Accepted as poster at the American Epilepsy 64th Annual Meeting, December 3-7, San Antonio, TX.
15. Goldberg H, Weinstock AL, Dwyer MG, Bergsland N, Sazgar M, Poloni G, Zivadinov R. Automated Segmentation of Brain MRI for Quantification of Cortical and Subcortical Atrophy in Patients with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. American Academy of Neurology Meeting April 2011, Hawaii, USA [P01-136].
16. Weinstock AL, Weinstock-Guttman B, Supala-Berger A, Sazgar M, Elgie MJ, Ramanathan M. Vagal Nerve Stimulation and Immune Modulation in Patients with Refractory Epilepsy. American Academy of Neurology Meeting April 2011, Hawaii, USA [P05-104].
17. Linane A, Sazgar M. Seizure Trends in a Population of Patients with Catamenial Epilepsy. 65th Annual Meeting of American Epilepsy Society December 2 - 6, 2011, Baltimore, MD. Selected for Media Briefing Event.
18. Wang PT, King CE, Schombs A, Lin JJ, Sazgar M, Hsu FPK, Shaw SJ, Millett DE, Liu CY, Chui LA, Nenadic Z, Do AH. Electrocorticographic Gamma Band Power Encodes the Velocity of Upper Extremity Movements. Proceedings of the Fifth International Brain-Computer Interface Meeting 2013. DOI:10.3217/978-3-85125-260-6-120.
19. Connolly M, Riley JD, Sazgar M, Mnatsakanyan L, Linane A, Hsu FPK, Lin JJ. Differential Hippocampal and Extrahippocampal Predictors of Verbal and Visual Memory in Right and Left TLE patients. 2013 American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, December 6 – 10.
20. Naderi N, Moriyama D, Lin JJ, Sazgar M, Sen-Gupta I, Mnatsakanyan M. Predictors of In-Hospital Mortality in Status Epilepticus; Data from The Nationwide Inpatient Sample Database, 2008-2012. 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society, Seattle Washington, December 5-9, 2014. Poster Session #: 2.395
American Epilepsy Society (AES)
American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
American Medical Association (AMA)
Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 2002—2003
Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship
Harvard University, Children's Hospital Boston 2003—2004
Clinical Neurophysiology (N)