HS Associate Clinical Professor, Medicine
School of Medicine
M.D., University of California, San Diego, 2004
B.S., University of California at Los Angeles, 1999, Biomedical Sciences
Phone: (714) 456-7007
Fax: (714) 456-7933
University of California, Irvine
101 City Drive South
Bldg 25, Pav 4, Rt 208
Mail Code: 1150
Irvine, CA 92868
Tam S, Meeks T, Daly J. Cinacalcet Improves Psychiatric Symptoms in an Elderly Patient with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. American Geriatrics Society Meeting, April 30 – May 4, 2008.
Tam S, Nguyen R. A “Simple” Case of Abdominal Pain. ACP Internal Medicine Southern Regions Meeting, October 2006.
Tam S, Johnson A. Recurrent Tako-Tsubo Syundrome accompanying Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy-Cause or Effect? ACP Internal Medicine Southern Regions Meeting, October 2006.
Tam SP, Diamant J. Spinal interventions precipitating aseptic meningitis. ACP Internal Medicine Southern Regions Meeting, November 2005.
Tam SP. Structural Determinants: Specificity of Human 11 Beta Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 2 for Cofactor NAD+. American Federation for Medical Research Western Regional Meeting, February 2002.
1. Sah VP, Minamisawa S, Tam SP, Wu TH, Dorn GW 2nd, Ross J Jr, Chien KR, Brown JH.
Cardiac-specific overexpression of RhoA results in sinus and atrioventricular nodal dysfunction and contractile failure. J Clin Invest. 1999 Jun;103(12):1627-34.
2. Tangkijvanich P, Tam SP, Yee HF Jr. Wound-induced migration of rat hepatic stellate cells is modulated by endothelin-1 through rho-kinase-mediated alterations in the acto-myosin cytoskeleton. Hepatology. 2001 Jan;33(1):74-80.
3. Saab S, Tam SP, Tran BN, Melton AC, Tangkijvanich P, Wong H, Yee HF Jr. Myosin Mediates Contractile force generation by hepatic stellate cells in response to endotheline-1. J Biomed Sci. 2002 Nov-Dec;9(6 Pt 2):607-612.
4. Kernochan LE, Tran BN, Tangkijvanich P, Melton AC, Tam SP, Yee HF Jr. Endothelin-1 stimulates human colonic myofibroblast contraction and migration. Gut. 2002 Jan;50(1):65-70.
5. Atanasov AG, Tam S, Rocken JM, Baker ME, Odermatt A. Inhibition of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 by dithiocarbamates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003 Aug 22;308(2):
6. Arnold P, Tam S, Yan L, Baker ME, Frey FJ, Odermatt A. Glutamate-115 renders specificity of human 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 for the cofactor NAD+. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003 Mar 28;201(1-2):177-87.
7. Rebuffat AG, Tam S, Nawrocki AR, Baker ME, Frey BM, Frey FJ, Odermatt A. The 11-ketosteroid 11-ketodexamethasone is a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. Mol Cell Endocrinol.
2004 Feb 12;214(1-2):27-37.
8. Atanasov, AG, Nashev LG, Tam S, Baker ME, Odermatt A. Organotins Disrupt the 11B-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 2-dependent Local Inactivation of Glucocorticoids. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2005 Nov 11;113 1600-1606 – Online www.ehponline.org
9. Sciotti MA, Tam S, Wermuth B, Baker ME. Differences in Catalytic Activity Between Rat Testicular and Ovarian Carbonyl Reductases are Due to Two Amino Acids. FEBS Letters, 2006 Jan 9; 580(1): 67-71
10. Tam S, Meeks T, Daly J, Sewell D. Calcimimetic Agent Resolves Cognitive Deficits and Psychotic Symptoms in an Older Patient. Clinical Geriatrics. In Press.
American Geriatrics Society
University of California, San Diego 2008—2009
University of California, San Diego 2007—2008