Charles P Vega, MD
Clinical Professor, Family Medicine
Director, UC Irvine Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC), Family Medicine
Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
1. Chair of Faculty Advisory Group, GE National Medical Fellowships Primary Care Leadership Program, 2015
2. Chair, Expert Meeting on the Effectiveness, Safety and Appropriate Use of Over-the-Counter Acetaminophen. Denver, CO, 2015
HONORS AND AWARDS:
1. Orange County Physician of Excellence, Orange County Medical Association, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014,2016, 2017
2. AAMC Health Executive Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program, 2016
3. Harvard - Macy Institute Faculty Scholar, 2015
4. Josiah Macy Faculty Scholar Award, 2015
5. Elected to Steering Committee of Chronic Osteoarthritis Management Initiative, 2014
6. National Hispanic Medical Association California Leadership Fellowship award. Elected Chair of Cultural Education Sub-Committee, 2014
7. UCI Representative to the American Association of Medical Colleges Group on Diversity and Inclusion, 2009 - 2010
8. Special Recognition Award for teaching contribution to the UCI Clinical Foundation Course, 2009
9. Named as "One of America's Top Family Doctors" bu the Consumers' Research Council of America, 2008
10. Clinica Carino MVP Award for Outstanding Service and Teaching, 2007
11. UC Irvine College of Health Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004, 2007
12. UC Irvine ARISE Award for Academic Achievement
13. UCI Representative to the American Association of Medical Colleges Group on Diversity and Inclusion, 2009- 2010
14. Outstanding Teacher of the Year, UC Irvine Department of Family Medicine, 2003
CME News and Best Evidence Reviews on Medscape.com. Published continually since 2003, these articles achieve a readership of over 5 million physicians annually worldwide.
Vega C. “Creating a patient-centered system.” Featured editorial in The Orange County Register. 9/21/2013.
Manetta A, Stephens F, Rea J, Vega C. Addressing health care needs of the Latino community: one medical school’s approach. Acad Med 2007; 82: 1145-51.
Brown AE, Simon SN, Schneider MA, Vega CP. Alcohol recovery and spirituality: strangers, friends, or partners? Southern Medical Journal 2006; 99: 654-7.
Vega CP, Lavine S, Kwoon J. Intrancranial aneurysms: current evidence and clinical practice. American Family Physician 2002; 66: 601-608.
“The First Wave: Career Paths of PRIME Physicians.” Western Group on Educational Affairs Annual Meeting. Honolulu, HI, 3/25/14.
“UC PRIME: what’s new and challenges ahead.” Western Group on Educational Affairs conference, 5/2/13.
“Supporting Diversity in Medical Education.” Panel presentation at the National Hispanic Medical Association Annual Conference, 4/27/13.
“Teaching cultural competence and reducing health disparities across the trainee continuum: A multi-institutional perspective.” Western Group on Educational Affairs annual meeting. Stanford, CA. 5/2/11. Association of American Medical Colleges annual meeting. Washington DC. 11/10/10.
American Academy of Family Practice
California Academy of Family Physicians
California Medical Association
National Hispanic Medical Association
Primary committee consulting on medical policy for 5.2 million federal employee members.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employees Pharmacy and Medical Policy Committee 2013
GE-National Medical Fellowship Advisory Board 2012
|Link to this profile||http://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=5843|