Lisa M Gibbs, MD
Clinical Professor, Family Medicine
Chief, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology
Medical Director, Senior Health Center
Director, Geriatrics Fellowship
|URLs||UC Irvine Program in Geriatrics|
|Center of Excellence on Elder Abuse and Neglect|
5/2012 Office of Educational Affairs, MVP Outstanding Service Award
2/2012 Center for Health Quality Innovation Fellowship Program
12/2009 Orange County Medical Association Physicians of Excellence Award
12/2008 Orange County Medical Association Physicians of Excellence Award
12/2007 Orange County Medical Association Physicians of Excellence Award
11/2005 SAGE:So CA Bldg Industry for UCI Geriatric Assessment Clinic’s contribution to senior health care. Accepted as Director of HAPS.
2/2005 Primary Care Physician of the Month, Primary Care Medical Group,UCIMC
3/2003 Primary Care Phys of the Month,Primary Care Med Group,UCIMC
6/1996 Dean’s Award for Outstanding Community Svc-Stanford Univ SOM
|Board Certified - American Board of Family Practice, and Geriatric Medicine|
1. Jewett BA, Gibbs LM, Tarasiuk A, Kendig JJ: “Propofol and Barbiturate Depression of Spinal Nociceptive Neurons”, Anesthesiology, December 1992.
2. Gibbs LM, Kendig JJ: “Substance P and NMDA Receptor-Mediated Slow Potentials in Neonatal Rat Spinal Cord: Aged Related Changes”, Brain Research, Vol. 595, 1992.
3. Kendig JJ, Kodee A, Gibbs LM, Ionescu P, Eger E: “Correlates of Anesthetic Properties in Isolated Spinal Cord: Cyclobutane”, European Journal of Pharmacology, 264(3):427-36, 1994.
4. Tarasuik A, Gibbs LM, Kendig JJ: “Descending Inhibition in Neonatal Rat Spinal Cord Actions of Pentobarbital and Morphine”, Brain Research Bulletin, 41:37-45, 1996.
5. Wiglesworth A, Austin R, Corona M, Schneider D, Liao S, Gibbs L, Mosqueda L.: “Bruising as a Marker of Physical Elder Abuse”, Journal American Geriatrics Society. 2009 Jul;57(7):1191-6. Epub 2009 June 3.
6. Wiglesworth A, Mosqueda L, Mulnard R, Liao S, Gibbs L, Fitzgerald W: “Screening for Abuse and Neglect of People with Dementia”, Journal American Geriatrics Society. 58(3), 493-500 (2010).
7. Mosqueda L, Wiglesworth A, Gibbs L: “The Ability of People with Dementia to Recall Emotional Life Events” Abstract, International Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease, Honolulu, HI, July 13, 2010.
1. Jerant AF and Gibbs L: “Development of a Distance and Computer Technologies in Medicine Elective”, The Journal of Information Technology in Medicine, January 2000, Vol. 2, #1, htttp://www.-itm.com/articles/tmedelrv/index/html.
2. Hixon A and Gibbs L: “Osteochondritis Dissecans: A Diagnosis Not to Miss”, American Family Physician, January 1, 2000.
3. Neyhart B and Gibbs L: “Osteoporosis,” Primary Care Geriatrics, Ham, Sloan and Warshaw eds., Mosby Publishing, 2002.
4. Gibbs L and Mosqueda L: “Confronting Elder Mistreatment in Long-Term Care”, Annals in Longterm Care, 12(4), April 2004.
5. Gibbs L, Mosqueda L and Morrison E: “Primary Care of Adults with Disabilities”, AAFP Home Study Monograph, November 2006.
6. Gibbs L and Mosqueda L: “The Importance of Reporting Mistreatment of the Elderly”, Editorial for the American Family Physician, 75(5), March 2007.
7. Gibbs L and Young L: “The Medical Director’s Role: Neglect in Long-Term Care” Journal of the American Medical Director’s Association, 8:3, March 2007.
8. Gibbs L, Mosqueda L, Chen E, Williams B, Martinez R: Geriatric Pocket Doc, August 2007. (A resource for allied professionals in the field of Elder Abuse)
9. Gibbs L: “Assessing Self-Neglect in Older Patients”, Ethics Forum, http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2008/08/04/prca0804.htm, August 4, 2008, Accessed August 12, Amednews.com, 2008.
10. Gibbs, L and Mosqueda L: “Elder Abuse: A Medical Perspective”, Aging Health, December 2010, Vol. 6, No. 6, Pages 739-747.
|Grants||Donald W. Reynolds Foundation Communication: The Art of Geriatric Medicine|
|California Geriatric Education Center - UCLA Subaward; Physical Abuse of Elders: Medical Aspects and Psychosocial Dynamics|
|National Multiple Sclerosis Society; The Challenge of Giving Care to People with Multiple Sclerosis|
|National Institutes of Justice; Coroners’ Investigations of Suspicious Elder Deaths|
American Association of Family Practice
American Geriatrics Society
Chair of Elder Abuse Specialist Interest Group, American Geriatrics Society
Vulnerable Adult Specialist Team/Orange County Forensic Center
Elder Death Review Team, Orange County
Co Chair, Elder Death Review Team, Orange County
Society for Teachers in Family Medicine
|Link to this profile||http://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=5233|