Professor & Chair, Epidemiology
Director, Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute
Professor, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
Professor, School of Social Ecology
|Cancer epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, statistical genetics, molecular genetics and medical informatics|
|URLs||Department of Epidemiology - School of Medicine|
|Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute|
|PhD Program - Epidemiology|
|Cellular and Molecular Biosciences Gateway PhD Program|
Multiple Professional Achievement Awards in cancer genetics from the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
University of California, Irvine Alumni Association Lauds & Laurels Award (1995)
Dr. Anton-Culver's research is in the broad scientific areas of cancer epidemiology and cancer genetics. Her research focuses on cancer epidemiology with special emphasis on etiology, molecular genetic characterization, evaluation of genetic-phenotype correlation, and genotype-environment interaction using large populations of cancer patients, their relatives, and unaffected controls. Dr Anton-Culver’s research theme takes advantage of population genetics, to predict the proportion of cancers that can be attributed to genetic variation and exposure to environmental risk factors in the population. She developed and has been successful in implementing this research theme in the understanding of several cancers, particularly breast, colorectal, ovarian, and prostate cancers. Gene-environment interactions are important components in several cancers in human populations and the knowledge generated from this research will help in planning of cancer prevention and control.
Dr. Anton-Culver is the Founding Director of one of only 22 Organized Research Units (ORU) at UC Irvine; namely the Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute (GERI). This research institute brings together a multidisciplinary team of exceptional scientists from complementary fields, including epidemiology, developmental and cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry, evolutionary biology, genetics, immunology, statistics, bioinformatics, and environmental and behavioral sciences. With the revolutionary progress being made in all of the component sciences, the Institute concentrates on the following four primary goals:
1) To combine epidemiologic approaches with basic science methods to test hypotheses related to genetic bases of the etiology and progression of disease.
2) To facilitate research to apply newly discovered molecular biological processes and genetic characteristics in health and disease in well-characterized human populations.
3) To provide epidemiological information that will influence our understanding of the basic processes leading to disease, such as environmental and lifestyle factors, and to test their effects as modifiers of genetic predisposition.
4) Use latest advances in information sciences and communication technology to allow for efficient data mining and pattern recognition for genetic epidemiological data.
Current Research Study Examples:
The "Hereditary Breast Cancer: Genetic and Molecular Studies" (U01 CA58860-12, Anton-Culver) has also been renewed for an additional five years. The competitive renewal application will maintain and followup the existing family resource of 1270 breast and 262 ovarian cancer probands, further characterize BRCA mutations in breast and ovarian cancer families and explore the associated functions of BRCA1 missense mutations. In addition, the investigators will determine whether there is molecular genetic evidence for the aggregation of breast and colorectal cancer in a subgroup of the existing high risk breast cancer families. There is strong familial and molecular genetic evidence of an association between breast and ovarian cancer and also a familial association between breast and colon cancer. Further, preliminary results show mutations in MSH2 and MLH1 in breast cancer families where there is colon cancer in first or second degree relatives. The candidate genes (such as mismatch repair genes) relevant to the tumor spectrum in these families in addition to BRCA1 and BRCA2 will be examined and possible new genetic alterations will be explored. The data generated from the proposed study will have yield novel and important information to the scientific and clinical community as well as for subjects from breast cancer families possessing the diverse spectrum of tumors as is often observed in familial breast cancer.
The "Breast and Other Cancers in the California Teacher's Cohort" (NCI, Bernstein) has also received recent approval. A cohort of 133,000 California school teachers had been established by a collaborative group of epidemiological investigators with the goal of evaluating unresolved issues related to breast cancer risk factors. UCI investigators Anton-Culver and Lin are assessing modification of breast cancer risk by other risk factors in women with and without a family history of breast and other cancers. Specifically, the study will:
a) evaluate the modifying effects of reproductive and hormonal factors (age at onset of menarche, age at first full-term pregnancy, weight, oral contraceptive use, and use of hormone replacement therapy);
b) evaluate the modifying effects of dietary risk and physical activity; and
c) assess whether risk modification in women with a family history of breast or other cancers is related to age at onset of breast cancer.
Additionally, this research will conduct a validation study of self-reported family history of cancer by cancer type and by family relationships of affected individuals. A major focus will be breast and ovarian cancer, but long-range goals of the CTS cohort will include familial and genetic studies of other cancers including malignant melanoma, endometrial cancer, and colorectal cancer. This will allow investigators to evaluate the validity of family history data collected from self-reports by the cancer type and family relationship (degree of closeness to the proband) in a sample of the CTS cohort who reported in the baseline questionnaire a positive family history of breast cancer in at least one first-degree relative. Comparisons will be made between data provided by the baseline questionnaire.
The ATHENA Breast Health Network: This groundbreaking project will initially involve 150,000 women throughout California who will be screened for breast cancer and followed for decades through the five University of California Medical Centers. ATHENA is a University of California system-wide project supported by a $5.3 million University of California grant, and by a $4.8 million grant from the Safeway Foundation. This unique collaboration will revolutionize the delivery of care by integrating research and clinical care in prevention, screening, treatment and management of breast cancer.
During the past thirty-two years at UC Irvine, Dr. Anton-Culver has established major research programs in cancer epidemiology and cancer genetics. Under her leadership, the Department of Epidemiology and the Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute are currently engaged in conducting several research studies in cancer epidemiology funded by the National Cancer Institute and other agencies. One study combines techniques in genetic epidemiology and molecular markers to define and characterize inherited breast/ovarian cancer in the population of Orange County. Another focuses on colon and rectum cancers to study the effects of genetic influence on the FCC genes as they interact with diet, physical activity, and other factors that may influence the risk for colorectal cancer.
JOURNAL ARTICLES, Peer Reviewed
1. Taylor W, Guirgis HA, Stewart WK. Investigations of a population exposed to organomercurial seed dressings, Archives of Environmental Health 19:505, 1969.
2. Lynch HT, Krush AJ, Guirgis HA. Genetic factors in families with combined gastrointestinal and breast cancer, American Journal Gastroenterology 59:31 40, 1973.
3. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Swartz MW, Lynch JS, Krush AJ, Kaplan AR. Genetics and colon cancer, Archives of Surgery 106:669 675, 1973.
4. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA. Carcinoembryonic antigen in families. Journal of the American Medical Association 224:1042, 1973.
5. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA. Cancer resistance, Part I and Part II. Nebraska Medical Journal, 1973. 1974 May; 59(5): 156-61. 1974 June; 59(6): 192-6.
6. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Albert S, Brennan M, Lynch J, Kraft C, Pocekay D, Vaughns C, Kaplan AR. Familial association of carcinoma of the breast and ovary. Surg. Gynec. Obstet. 138:717 724, 1974.
7. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Albert S, Brennan M. Familial breast cancer in a normal population. Cancer 34:2080 2086, 1974.
8. Lynch HT, Thomas RJ, Terasaki PI, Ting A, Guirgis HA, Kaplan AR, Lynch JR, Kraft C. HL A in cancer family "N". Cancer 36(4):1315 1320, 1975.
9. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Lynch JF. Cancer of the colon: Socioeconomic variables in a community, American Journal of Epidemiology 102(2):119 127, 1975.
10. Lynch HT, Thomas RJ, Guirgis HA, Lynch JF. Clues to cancer risk: Biological markers, American Family Physician 11:153 158, March 1975.
11. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Brodkey FD, Maloney K, Lynch P, Rankin L, Lynch JF. Early age of onset in familial breast cancer: Genetic and cancer control implications, Archives of Surgery 111:126 131, February 1976.
12. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Brodkey F, Lynch J, Maloney K, Rankin L, Mulcahy GM. Genetic heterogeneity and familial carcinoma of the breast, Surgery 142:693 699, 1976.
13. Lynch HT, Mulcahy GM, Lynch P, Guirgis H, Brodkey F, Lynch J, Maloney K, Rankin L. Genetic factors in breast cancer: A survey, Pathology Annals 899:77 101, 1976.
14. Lynch HT, Brodkey FD, Lynch P, Lynch J, Maloney K, Rankin L, Kraft C, Swartz M, Westercamp T, Guirgis H. Familial risk and cancer control, Journal of the American Medical Association 236:582 584, 1976.
15. Lynch HT, Saldivar VA, Guirgis HA, Terasaki PI, Bardawil WA, Harris RE, Lynch JF, Thomas R. Familial Hodgkin's disease and associated cancer: A clinical pathologic study, Cancer 38(5):2033 2041, 1976.
16. Stewart WK, Guirgis HA, Sanderson J, Taylor W. Urinary mercury excretion and proteinuria in pathology laboratory staff, British Journal of Industrial Medicine 34:26 31, 1977.
17. Lynch HT, Guirgis HA, Lynch PM, Lynch JF, Harris RE. Familial cancer syndromes: A survey, Cancer 39:1867 1881, 1977.
18. Lynch HT, Harris RE, Lynch PM, Guirgis HA, Lynch JF, Bardawil WA. Role of heredity in multiple primary cancers, Cancer 40:1849 1854, 1977.
19. Lynch HT, Harris RE, Bardawil WA, Lynch PM, Guirgis HA, Swartz MJ, Lynch JF. Management of hereditary site specific colon cancer, Archives of Surgery. 112:170 174, 1977.
20. Guirgis HA, Lynch HT, Mate T, Harris RE, Wells I, Caha L, Anderson J, Maloney K, Rankin L. Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity in lymphocytes from lung cancer patients and normal controls, Oncology 33:105 109, 1977.
21. Lynch HT, Harris RE, Organ CH, Jr, Guirgis HA, Lynch PM, Lynch JF, Nelson EJ. The surgeon, genetics, and cancer control: The cancer family syndrome, Annals of Surgery 185:435 440, 1977.
22. Lynch HT, Organ CH, Jr, Harris RE, Guirgis HA, Lynch PM, Lynch JF. Familial cancer: Implications for surgical management of high risk patients, Surgery 83:104 113, 1978.
23. Lynch HT, Harris RE, Guirgis HA, Maloney K, Carmody LL, Lynch JF. Familial association of breast/ovarian carcinoma, Cancer 41:1543 1549, 1978.
24. Lynch HT, Mulcahy GM, Harris RE, Guirgis HA, Lynch JF. Genetic and pathologic findings in a kindred with hereditary sarcoma breast cancer, brain tumors, leukemia, lung, laryngeal and adrenal cortical carcinoma, Cancer 41:2055 2064, 1978.
25. Guirgis H, Lynch HT, Harris R, Vandevoorde J. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in the cancer family syndrome, Cancer 42:1574 1578, 1978.
26. Lynch HT, Bardawil WA, Harris RE, Lynch PM, Guirgis HA, Lynch JF. Multiple primary cancers and prolonged survival: Familial colonic and endometrial cancers, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery 4:165 168, 1978.
27. Guirgis HA, Lynch HT, Harris RE, Vandevoorde JP. Genetic and communicable effects on carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) expressivity in the cancer family syndrome, Cancer Research 38:2523 2528, 1978.
28. Harris RE, Lynch HT, Guirgis HA. Familial breast cancer: Risk to the contralateral breast, Journal of the National Cancer Institute 60:955 960, 1978.
29. Fishman J, Fukushima D, O'Conner J, Rosenfeld RS, Lynch HT, Lynch JF, Guirgis H, Maloney K. Plasma hormone profiles of young women at risk for familial breast cancer, Cancer Research 38:4006 4011, 1978.
30. Guirgis HA, Lynch HT, Harris RE, Vandevoorde P. Immunochemical biological markers and hereditary cancer risk, Scandinavian Journal of Immunology 8:647 652, 1978.
31. Lynch HT, Guirgis H, Childhood cancer and the SBLA syndrome, Medical Hypotheses 5:15 22, 1979.
32. Lubiniecki AS, Lynch HT, Blattner WA, Guirgis H. Increased expression of SV40 T antigen and cell division in skin fibroblast cell lines derived from a family at high risk of carcinoma (family G of Warthin), Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 103:127 133, 1982.
33. Anton-Guirgis H, Townley RG, Schanfield MS. Methacholine inhalation and Gm allotypes in familial asthma, Journal of Asthma, 21: 108, 1984.
34. Anton-Guirgis H, Culver BD, Kurosaki T, Elston RC. A study of multiple biological markers in twins, Acta Geneticae Medicae et Gemellologiae, 34:3 4, 1985.
35. Kleinman S, Anton-Guirgis H, Culver BD, Taylor TH, Prince H, Kaplan H. Anti HTLV III Elisa and Western Blot Testing in a blood donor population: Implications for donor notification. Vox Sanguinis, 51:143 147, 1986.
36. McEwen E, Anton-Guirgis H. The medical communication of deaf patients, The Journal of Family Practice Vol. 26, No. 2, 1988.
37. Anton-Culver H, Culver B, Kurosaki T. Immune response in shipyard workers having x-ray abnormalities consistent with asbestos exposure, British Journal of Industrial Medicine 45:464 468, 1988.
38. Anton-Culver H, Culver BD, Kurosaki T, Osann KE, Lee JB. Incidence of lung cancer by histologic type from a population based registry, Cancer Research 48:6580 6583, 1988.
39. Anton-Culver H. Epidemiologic assessment of cancer risk: Applications from the Cancer Surveillance Program of Orange County, Journal of the American College of Toxicology 8:933-940, 1989.
40. Anton-Guirgis H, Culver BD Kurosaki T. An epidemiologic study of asbestos-related chest x ray changes to identify work areas of high risk in a shipyard population, Applied Industrial Hygiene 4:110 118, 1989.
41. Kaisch K, Anton-Culver H. Psychological and social consequences of HIV exposure: Homosexuals in Southern California, Psychology and Health 3:63-75, 1989.
42. Anton-Culver H. Smoking and other risk factors associated with the stage and age at diagnosis of colon and rectum cancers, Cancer Detection and Prevention 15:345-350, 1991
43. Gardin, JM, Wong, ND, Bommer, W, Kloptenstein, HS, Smith, VE, Tabatznik, B, Siscovick, D, Lobodzinski, S, Anton-Culver H, Manolio TA. Echocardiographic design of a multicenter investigation of free-living elderly subjects: the cardiovascular health study, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, 5:63-72, 1992.
44. Anton-Culver H, Bloss JD, Bringman D, Lee-Feldstein A, DiSaia P, Manetta A. Comparison of adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a population-based epidemiologic study, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 166(5): 1507-1514, 1992 and Letter to the Editor, 168(5):1646-1647, 1992
45. Anton-Culver H, Lee-Feldstein A, Taylor T. Occupation and bladder cancer risk, American Journal of Epidemiology 136:89-94, 1992.
46. Osann KE, Anton-Culver H, Kurosaki T, Taylor T. Sex differences in lung cancer risk associated with cigarette smoking, International Journal of Cancer 54:44-48, 1993.
47. Higgins MW, Enright PL, Kronmal RA, Schenker MB, Anton-Culver H, Lyles M. Smoking and lung function in elderly men and women, the cardiovascular health study, Journal of the American Medical Association 269: (21)2741-48, 1993.
48. Anton-Culver H, Lee-Feldstein A, Taylor TH, The association of bladder cancer risk with ethnicity, gender and smoking, AEP 3:429-433, 1993.
49. Davis D, Bradlow HL, Wolff M, Woodruff T, Hoel DG, Anton-Culver H. Medical Hypothesis: Xenoestrogenic exposures as preventable cause of breast cancer, Environmental Health Perspectives 101(5): 372-377, 1993.
50. Lee-Feldstein A, Anton-Culver H, Feldstein PJ. Treatment differences and other prognostic factors related to breast cancer survival: delivery systems and medical outcomes, Journal of the American Medical Association 271:1163-1168, 1994, and reply: Breast Cancer: Treatment Differences and Survival, Journal of the American Medical Association 272:1166, 1994.
51. Monk BJ, Burger R, Van Ostrand K, Aquino L, Greep N, Silk E, Kolin M, Anton-Culver H, Manetta A. One-visit program for the prevention of cervical cancer in a high-risk population, Gynecologic Oncology 54:105, 1994.
52. Melbye M, Cote TR, Kessler L, Gail M, Biggar RJ, Lemp G, West D, Singleton J, Young J, Kerndt P, Deapen D, Ginzberg M, Anton-Culver H, Lieb S, Hopkins R, Williams B, Liff J, Morgan D, Parkin W. High incidence of anal cancer among AIDS patients. Lancet 343: 636-639, 1994.
53. Plummer SJ, Santibanez-Koref M, Kurosaki T, Liao S-Y, Noble B, Fain PR, Anton-Culver H, Casey G.A Germline 2.35kb deletion of p53 genomic DNA creating a specific loss of oligomerization domain inherited in a Li-Fraumeni syndrome family, Oncogene 9:3273-3280, 1994.
54. Goldman LR, Anton-Culver H, Kharazzi M, Blake E. Banking of human tissue for biomonitoring and exposure assessment: utility for environmental epidemiology and surveillance. Environmental Health Perspectives 103(S3): 31-34, 1995.
55. Wong N, Gardin J, Kurosaki T, Anton-Culver H, Sidney S, Roseman J, Gidding S. Echocardiographic left ventricular systolic function and volumes in young adults: distribution and factors influencing variability, American Heart Journal 129: 571-77, 1995.
56. Gardin J, Siscovick D, Anton-Culver H, Lynch JC, Smith VE, Klopfenstein HS, Bommer WJ, Fried L, O'Leary D, Manolio TA. Sex, age, and disease affect echocardiographic left ventricular mass and systolic function in the free-living elderly: the Cardiovascular Health Study, Circulation 91(6):1739-1748, 1995.
57. Gardin J, Wagenknecht L, Anton-Culver H, Flack J, Gidding S, Kurosaki T, Wong ND, Manolio TA. Relationship of cardiovascular risk factors to echocardiographic left ventricular mass in healthy young black and white adult men and women: the CARDIA study, Circulation 92(3): 380-387, 1995.
58. Anton-Culver H. Cancer prevention strategies: use of cancer prevention research registries, Environmental Health Perspectives 103(S8):237-239, 1995.
59. Delfino RJ, Anton-Culver H, Saltzstein SL. Gender-related differences of thoracic versus abdominal malignant mesothelioma, Cancer Detection and Prevention 19(4): 301-307, 1995.
60. Plummer SJ, Anton-Culver H, Webster L, Noble B, Liao S, Kennedy A, Belinson J, Casey G. Detection of BRCA1 mutations by the protein truncation test. Human Molecular Genetics 4(10): 1989-1991, 1995.
61. Monk BJ, Burger R, Van Ostrand K, Aquino L, Greep N, Silk E, Kolin M, Anton-Culver H, Manetta A. A single visit program for cervical cancer prevention in a high-risk population, Obstetrics and Gynecology 86(4 Pt 1):491-8, 1995.
62. Paczek A, Gardin J, Hardin M, Anton-Culver H, Kurosaki T, Hsu, Chuanchieh, Bild D. Comparison of m-mode and two-dimensional echocardoigraphic algorithms used to estimate left ventricular mass: the CARDIA study, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography 8(6):780-792, 1995.
63. Anton-Culver H, Kurosaki T, Taylor T, Gildea M, Brunner D, Bringman D. Validation of Family History of Breast Cancer and Identification of the BRCA1 and Other Syndromes Using a Population-Based Cancer Registry, Genetic Epidemiology 13:193-205, 1996.
64. Disaia PJ, Grosen E, Kurosaki T, Gildea M, Cowan B, Anton-Culver H. Hormone replacement therapy in breast cancer survivors: a cohort study, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 174(5): 1494-1498, 1996.
65. Burger RA, Monk BJ, Kurosaki T, Anton-Culver H, Vasilev SA, Berman ML, Wilczynski SP. Human Papillomavirus Type 18: Association With Poor Prognosis in Early Stage Cervical Cancer, Journal of the National Cancer Institute 88(19): 1361-1368, 1996.
66. Barker D, Almeida E, Casey G, Fain P, Liao S Y, Masunaka I, Noble B, Kurosaki T, Anton-Culver H. BRCA1 R841W: A strong candidate for a common mutation with moderate phenotype, Genetic Epidemiology 13: 595 604, 1996.
67. Jonas HA, Kronmal RA, Psaty BM, Manolio TA, Meilahn EN, Tell GS, Tracy RP, Robbins JA, Anton-Culver H. Current estrogen progestin and estrogen replacement therapy in elderly women: association with carotid atherosclerosis. CHS Collaborative Research Group. Cardiovascular Health Study. Annals of Epidemiology 6(4):314 23, 1996.
68. Love SM, Rabson AS, Anton-Culver H, Clayton EW, Miller DS, Ravdin PM, Travers H, Barr PA, Liu E, Pinn VW, et al. Correspondence re: Mills SE, Kempson RL, Fechner RE, et al.: Guardians of the wax and the patient. Modern Pathology 8:699, 1995 [letter]; and Modern Pathology, 9(4):457, 1996.
69. Friedman LS, Gayther SA, Kurosaki T, Gordon D, Noble B, Casey G, Ponder BA, Anton-Culver H. Mutation analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 in a male breast cancer population. American Journal of Human Genetics 60(2): 313 319, 1997.
70. Price TR, Manolio TA, Kronmal RA, Kittner S, Yue NC, Robbins J, Anton-Culver H, O'Leary DH. Silent brain infarction on magnetic resonance imaging and neurological abnormalities in community dwelling older adults. The Cardiovascular Health Study. CHS Collaborative Research Group. Stroke 28(6):1158 64, 1997.
71. Re A, Taylor TH, DiSaia PJ, Anton-Culver H. Risk for breast and colorectal cancers subsequent to cancer of the endometrium in a population based case series. Gynecologic Oncology 66(2):255 7, 1997.
72. Theuer CP, Kurosaki T, Taylor TH, Anton-Culver H. Unique features of gastric carcinoma in the young: a population based analysis. Cancer 83(1):25 33, 1998.
73. Delfino RJ, Ferrini RL, Taylor TH, Howe S, Anton-Culver H. Demographic differences in prostate cancer incidence and stage: an examination of population diversity in California, American Journal of Preventive Medicine 14: 96-102, 1998.
74. Bentley JR, Delfino, RJ, Taylor TH, Howe S, Anton-Culver H. Differences in breast cancer stage at diagnosis between non-Hispanic white and Hispanic populations, San Diego County 1988-1993, Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 50: 1-9, 1998.
75. Howe SL, Delfino RJ, Taylor TH, Anton-Culver H. The risk of invasive cervical cancer among Hispanics: evidence for targeted preventive interventions. Preventive Medicine 27:674-680, 1998.
76. Theuer CP; Anton-Culver H. Important prognostic factor in patients with gastric cancer [letter]. Western Journal of Medicine 169(4):254, 1998.
77. Janezic SA, Ziogas A, Krumroy LM, Krasner M, Plummer SJ, Cohen P, Gildea M, Barker D, Haile R, Casey G, Anton-Culver H. Germline BRCA1 alterations in a population-based series of ovarian cancer cases. Human Molecular Genetics 8(5):889-897, 1999.
78. Brewster WR, DiSaia PJ, Monk BJ, Ziogas A, Yamada SD, Anton-Culver H. Young age as a prognostic factor in cervical cancer: results of a population based study. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 180(6 Pt 1):1464 7, 1999.
79. Astin JA, Anton-Culver H, Schwartz C, Shapiro DH, McQuade J, Breuer A, Taylor T, Lee H, Kurosaki T. Sense of control and adjustment to breast cancer: the importance of balancing control coping styles. Behavioral Medicine 25:3, 1999.
80. Boyer-Chammard AB, Taylor TH, Anton-Culver H. Survival differences in breast cancer among racial/ethnic groups: a population-based study. Cancer Detection and Prevention 23(6): 463-473, 1999.
81. Kolodner RD, Tytell JD, Schmeits JL, Kane MK, Das Gupta R, Weger J, Wahlberg S, Fox EA, Peel D, Ziogas A, Garber JE, Syngal S, Anton-Culver H, and Li FP. Germ-line msh6 mutations in colorectal cancer families. Cancer Research 59, 5068-5074, 1999.
82. Theuer CP, Nastanski F, Brewster WR, Butler JA, Anton-Culver H. Signet ring cell histology is associated with unique clinical features but does not affect gastric cancer survival. American Surgeon, 65(10):915 21, 1999.
83. Ziogas A, Gildea M, Cohen P, Bringman D, Taylor T, Seminara D, Barker D, Casey G, Haile R, Liao S-Y, Thomas D, Noble B, Kurosaki T, and Anton-Culver H. Cancer risk estimates for family members of a population-based family registry for breast and ovarian cancer. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 9: 103-111, 2000.
84. Delfino RJ, Sinha R, Smith C, West J, White E, Lin HJ, Liao S-Y, Gim JS-Y, Ma HL, Butler J, Anton-Culver H. Breast cancer, heterocyclic aromatic amines from meat and N-acetyltransferase 2 genotype. Carcinogenesis 21(4); 607-15, April 2000.
85. Anton-Culver H, Cohen PF, Gildea ME, Ziogas A. Characteristics of BRCA1 mutations in a population-based series of breast & ovarian cancer. European Journal of Cancer 36; 1200-08, June 2000.
86. Delfino RJ, Smith C, West J, White E, Lin HJ, Liao S-Y, Gim JSY, Ma HL, Butler J, Anton-Culver H. Breast cancer, passive and active cigarette smoking, and N-acetyltranferase 2 genotype. Pharmacogenetics July 2000 (10):461-469.
87. Taylor TH, Anton-Culver H. Let’s leave the date out of the name of the standard population. (Correspondence.) Journal of the National Cancer Institute 92 (2000):1269-70.
88. Peel D, Ziogas A, Fox E, Gildea M, Laham B, Clements E, Kolodner R, Anton-Culver H. Epidemiologic, genetic, and molecular characterization of HNPCC families from a population based series of colorectal cancer. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 92 (2000):1517-22.
89. Theuer CP, Kurosaki T, Ziogas A, Butler J, Anton-Culver H. Asian patients with gastric carcinoma in the United States exhibit unique clinical features and superior overall and cancer specific survival rates. Cancer, November 1, 2000: 89 (9):1883-1892.
90. Theuer CP, Taylor TH, Anton-Culver H. Letter. Correspondence: Screening for Colorectal Cancer. New England Journal of Medicine 343 (22); November 30, 2000: 1625.
91. DiSaia PJ, Brewster WR, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Breast cancer survival and hormone replacement therapy: a cohort analysis. American Journal of Clinical Oncology Dec 2000, 23 (6):541-5.
92. Brewster WR, Monk BJ, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Yamada SD, Berman ML. Intent-to-treat analysis of stage Ib and IIa cervical cancer in the Untied States: Radiotherapy or Surgery 1988-1995. Obstetrics & Gynecology 97(2), February 2001.
93. Theuer CP, Wagner, JL, Taylor TH, Brewster WR, Tran D, McLaren CE, Anton-Culver H. Racial and Ethnic Colorectal Cancer Patterns Affect the Utility of Colorectal Cancer Screening in the United States. Gastroenterology. March 2001; 120: 848-856.
94. Peel DJ, Anton-Culver H. Response to Hemminki (Correspondence regarding Peel et. al, Characterization of HNPCC families from a population based series of cases, published JNCI Reports 2000; 92(18):1517-1522.): Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 93, no. 8, April 18, 2001: 651-652.
95. Semenza JC, Ziogas A, Largent J, Peel D, Anton-Culver H. Gene-environment interactions in renal cell carcinoma. American Journal of Epidemiology 153(9):851-859, 2000 May 1.
96. Anton-Culver H, Peel D, Ziogas A. Proportion of HNPCC in the general population, Response to Evans (Correspondence regarding Peel et. al, Characterization of HNPCC families from a population based series of cases, published JNCI Reports 2000; 92(18):1517-1522.) Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 93, no. 9, May 2, 2001: 717-718.
97. Keefe KA, Schell MJ, Brewer C, McHale M, Brewster W, Chapman JA, Rose GS, McMeeken DS, Lagerberg W, Peng YM, Wilczynski SP, Anton-Culver H, Meyskens FL, Berman ML. A randomized, double-blind, Phase III trial using oral beta-carotene supplementation for women with high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Cancer Epidemiol Biomark Prev. 2001 Oct; 10(10):1029-35.
98. Theuer CP, Taylor TH, Brewster WR, Campbell BS, Becerra JC, Anton-Culver H. The topography of colorectal cancer varies by race/ethnicity and affects the utility of flexible sigmoidoscopy. Am Surg 2001 Dec; 7(12):1157-61.
99. Speer SA, Semenza Jan C, Kurosaki T, Anton-Culver H. Risk Factors for Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Multiple Myeloma: A Combination of Geographic Information System and Case-Control Studies. J Environ Health, March 2002:64(7); 9-15.
100. Diamond C, Taylor T, Anton-Culver H. Characteristics and survival of patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma with and without Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. Published on line in Hematological Oncology May 8, 2002. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/issuetoc?ID=82002594
101. Brewster WR, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Largent J, Howe S, Hubbell FA, Manetta A. Recruitment strategies for cervical cancer prevention study. Gynecological Oncology. 2002 May 85(2):250-254.
102. Horn-Ross, Hoggatt KJ, West DW, Krone MR, Stewart SL, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Peel D, Pinder R, Reynolds P, Ross RK, Wright W, Ziogas A. Recent diet and breast cancer risk: the California Teachers Study. Cancer Cause Control. 2002 June; 13(5):407-415.
103. Irene L. Andrulis, Hoda Anton-Culver, Jeanne Beck, Betsy Bove, Jeff Boyd, Saundra Buys, Andrew Godwin, John Hopper, Frederick Li, Susan L. Neuhausen, Hilmi Ozcelik, David Peel, Regina M. Santella, Melissa Southey, Nathalie J. van Orsouw, Deon Venter, Jan Vijg and Alice S.Whittemore for the Cooperative Family Registry for Breast Cancer Studies. Comparison of DNA- and RNA-based Methods for Detection of Truncating BRCA1 Mutations. Human Mutation. 2002 July; 20(1):65-73.
104. Bernstein L, Allen L, Anton-Culver H, Deapen D, Horn-Ross P, Peel D, Pinder R, Reynolds P, Sullivan-Halley J, West D, Wright W, Ziogas A. High breast cancer rates among California teachers: results from the California Teachers Study (United States). Cancer Causes Control. 2002 September; 13(7):625-635.
105. Hoggatt KJ, Bernstein L, Reynolds P, Anton-Culver H, Deapen D, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West DW, Wright W, Ziogas A, Horn-Ross PL. Correlates of vitamin supplement use in the United States: Data from the California Teachers Study cohort. Cancer Cause Control. 2002 October; 13(8): 735-740.
106. Semenza J, Delfino RJ, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Breast cancer risk and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism. Cancer Cause Control. 2003 Feb; 77(3): 217-223.
107. Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Validation of family history data in cancer family registries. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 24(2): 190-198; Feb 2003.
108. Parikh-Patel A, Allen MA, Wright WE, and the California Teachers Study Steering Committee. Validation of self-reported cancers in the California Teachers Study. American Journal of Epidemiology 157(6), 539-545, 2003 March 15.
109. Antoniou A, Pharoah PDP, Narod S, Risch HA, Eyfjord JE, Hopper J, Loman N, Olsson H, Johannsson O, Borg A, Pasini B, Radice P, Manoukian S, EcclesD, Tang N, Olah E, Anton-Culver H, Warner E, Lubinski J, Gronwald J, Gorski, B, Tulinius H, Thorlacius S, Eerola H, Nevanlinna H, Syrjakoski K, Kallioniemi O-P, Thompson D, Evans C, Peto J, Lalloo F, Evans DG, Easton DF. Average risks of breast and ovarian cancer associated with mutations in BRCA1 or BRCA2 detected in case series unselected for family history: a combined analysis of 22 studies. American Journal of Human Genetics. 2003 May; 72(5): 1117-1130. Epub 2003 April 3.
110. Bernstein JL, Bernstein L, Thompson WD, Lynch CF, Malone KE, Teitelbaum SL, Olsen JH, Anton-Culver H, Boice JD, Rosenstein BS, Borresen-Dale AL, Gatti RA, Concannon P, Haile RW; WECARE Study Collaborative Group. ATM variants 7271T>G and IVS10-6T4 among women with unilateral and ilateral breast cancer. British Journal of Cancer 89, 1513-1516, 2003 October 20.
111. Marshall SF, Deapen D, Allen M, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Horn-Ross PL, Peel D, Pinder R, Reynolds P, Ross R, West D, Ziogas A. Validating California Teachers Study self-reports of recent hospitalization: comparison with California hospital discharge data. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2003 November 15; 158(10): 1012-1020.
112. Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Bowen D, Finkelstein D, Griffin c, Hanson J, Isaacs C, Kasten-Sportes C, Mineau G, Nadkarni P, Rimer B, Schildkraut J, Strong L, Weber B, Winn D, Hiatt R, Nayfield S. The Cancer Genetics Network: Recruitment Results and Pilot Studies. Community Genetics 2003; 6(3): 171-177.
113. Taylor TH, Bringman B, Anton-Culver H. Excluded cases and the age-standardized incidence rate implications for cancer-registry data standards. Journal of Registry Management, 30(3), 84-89, 2003.
114. Reynolds P, Hurley S, Goldberg DE, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, orn-Ross PL, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West D, Wright WE, Ziogas A. Active smoking, household passive smoking, and breast cancer: evidence from the California teachers study. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 96, 29-37, 2004.
115. Horn-Ross PL, Canchola AJ, West DW, Stewart SL, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Pinder R, Ross RK, Anton-Culver H, Peel D, Ziogas A, Reynolds P, Wright W. Patterns of alcohol consumption and breast cancer risk in the California Teachers Study cohort. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prev 2004 Mar, 13:405-11
116. Bernstein JL, Langholz B, Haile RW, Bernstein L, Thomas DC, Stovall M, Malone KE, Lynch CF, Olsen JH, Anton-Culver H, Shore RE, Boice JD, Berkowitz GS, Gatti RA, Teitelbaum SL, Smith SA, Rosenstein BS, Børresen-Dale AL, Concannon P, Thompson WD, WECARE study. Study design: evaluating gene-environment interactions in the etiology of breast cancer - the WECARE study. Breast Cancer Res 2004, 6:R199-214
117. Meyskens FL, Farmer PJ, Anton-Culver H. Etiologic pathogenesis of melanoma: a unifying hypothesis for the missing attributable risk. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Apr 15, 10:2581-3
118. Brewster WR, Hubbell FA, Largent J, Ziogas A, Ganiats T, Anton-Culver H, Manetta A. Feasibility of a cervical cancer screening program. Plenary Presentation Western Association of Gynecologic Oncologists (WAGO), Thirty Third Annual Meeting, Monterey, CA; May 2004.
119. Theurer CP, Taylor TH, Brewster WR Anton-Culver H. Should colon cancer screening guidelines account for race and ethnicity? American Society of Clinical Oncology, New Orleans LA June 2004, 22 : 1022
120. Reynolds P, Hurley SE, Hoggatt K, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West D, Wright W, Ziogas A, Horn-Ross PL. Correlates of active and passive smoking in the California Teachers Study cohort. Journal of Womens Health (Larchmt) 2004 Sep; 13(7):778-90.
121. Reynolds P, Hurley SE, Goldberg DE, Yerabati S, Gunier RB, Hertz A, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Horn-Ross PL, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West D, Wright WE, Ziogas A. Residential proximity to agricultural pesticide use and incidence of breast cancer in the California Teachers Study cohort. Environ Res 2004 Oct; 96(2):206-18.
122. Reynolds P, Hurley S, Goldberg DE, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Horn-Ross PL, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West D, Wright WE, Ziogas A. Regional variations in breast cancer among California Teachers. Epidemiology 2004 November, Vol15, (6):746-54.
123. John EM, Hopper JL, Beck JC, Knight JA, Neuhausen SL, Senie RT, Ziogas A, Andrulis IL, Anton-Culver H, Boyd N, Buys SS, Daly MB, O’Malley FP, Santella RM, Southey MC, Venne VL, Venter DJ, West DW, Whittmore AS, Seminara D, and the Breast Cancer Family Registry. The Breast Cancer family Registry: an infrastructure for cooperative multinational, interdisciplinary and translational studies of the genetic epidemiology of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 2004, 6:R375-R389.
124. Begg CB, Hummer A, Mujumdar U, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Anton-Culver H, Klotz JB, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Berwick M, GEM Study Group. Familial aggregation of melanoma risks in a large population-based sample of melanoma cases. Cancer Causes Control. 2004 Nov, 15:957-65
125. McEligot AJ, Wenzel L, Largent J, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Factors associated with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM): Use among breast cancer patients with and without a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine, Winter 2004; Volume 2, Number 1, pages 31-37
126. Arthur JF, Landucci G, Becerra JC, Phan TB, Peel D, Ziogas A, Cohen PC, Anton-Culver H. Forthal DN. Autologous Antibody to Breast Cancer in Healthy Multiparous Women.2004
127. Chang KJ, Parasher G, Christie C, Largent J, Anton-Culver H. Risk of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: disparity between African Americans and other race/ethnic groups. Cancer. 2005 Jan 15, 103:349-57.
128. Meyskens FL, Farmer PJ, Anton-Culver H. Diet and melanoma in a case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005 Jan, 14:293.
129. Ewart-Toland A, Dai Q, Gao YT, Nagase H, Dunlop MG, Farrington SM, Barnetson RA, Anton-Culver H, Peel D, Ziogas A, Lin D, Miao X, Sun T, Ostrander EA, Stanford JL, Langlois M, Chan JM, Yuan J, Harris C, Bowman E, Clayman GL, Lippman SM, Lee JJ, Zheng W, Balmain A. Aurora-A/STK15 T+91A is a general low penetrance cancer susceptibility gene: a meta-analysis of multiple cancer types. Carcinogenesis 2005 Aug, 26:1368-73. Epub 2005, Mar 31.
130. Hurley SE, Reynolds P, Goldberg DE, Hertz A, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West D, Wright WE, Ziogas A, Horn-Ross PL. Residential mobility in the California Teachers Study: implications for geographic differences in disease rates. Soc Sci Med. 2005 Apr, 60(7):1547-55.
131. Lindor NM, Rabe K, Petersen GM, Haile R, Casey G, Baron J, Gallinger S, Bapat B, Aronson M, Hopper J, Jass J, LeMarchand L, Grove J, Potter J, Newcomb P, Terdiman JP, Conrad P, Moslein G, Goldberg R, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, de Andrade M, Siegmund K, Thibodeau Boardman LA, Seminara D. Lower cancer incidence in Amsterdam-I criteria families without mismatch repair deficiency: familial colorectal cancer type X. JAMA 2005 Apr 27, 293: 1979-85
132. Largent J, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Effect of Reproductive factors on stage and hormones receptor status on early onset breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research, 2005, 7:R541-R554 (16 May 2005)
133. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Aboumrad T, Bringman D, Anton-Culver H. Increased incidence of squamous cell anal cancer among men with AIDS in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Sex Transm Dis 2005 May, 32:314-20.
134. Wenzel L, DeAlba I, Habbal R, Kluhsman BC, Fairclough D, Krebs LU, Anton-Culver H, Berkowitz R, Aziz N. Quality of life in long-term cervical cancer survivors. Gynecol Oncol 2005, May, 97:310-7.
135. Marshall SF, Bernstein L, Anton-Culver H, Deapen D, Horn-Ross PL, Mohrenweiser H, Peel D, Pinder R, Purdie DM, Reynolds P, Stram D, West D, Wright WE, Ziogas A, Ross RK. Nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug use and breast cancer risk by stage and hormone receptor status. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 Jun 1; 97(11):805-12.
136. Kelemen L, James M, Spurdle A, Campbell I, Chang-Claude J, Peel D, Anton-Culver H, Berchuck A, Schildkraut J, Whittemore A, McGuire V, DiCioccio RA, Duffy D, Chenevix-Trench G. BRAF Polymorphism and the risk of ovarian cancer of low malignant potential. Gynecological Oncology 2005 Jun, 97:807-12.
137. Wodarz D, Anton-Culver H. Dynamical interactions between multiple cancers. Cell Cycle 2005 Jun, 4:764-71.
138. Antoniou AC, Pharoah PD, Narod S, Risch HA, Eyfjord JE, Hopper JL, Olsson H, Johannsson O, Borg A, Pasini B, Radice P, Manoukian S, Eccles DM, Tang N, Olah E, Anton-Culver H, Warner E, Lubinski J, Gronwald J, Gorski B, Tulinius H, Thorlacius S, Eerola H, Nevanlinna H, Syrjäkoski K, Kallioniemi OP, Thompson D, Evans C, Peto J, Lalloo F, Evans DG, Easton DF. Breast and ovarian cancer risks to carriers of the BRCA1 5382insC and 185delAG and BRCA2 6174delT mutations: a combined analysis of 22 population based studies. J Med Genet 2005 Jul, 42: 602-3.
139. Shin, BY, Rozek, L., Paxton, L., Peel, D., Anton-Culver, H., Rennert, G., Goodfellow, P., Gruber, S., Lipkin SM. “Low Allele Frequency of MLH1 D132H in American Colorectal and Endometrial Cancer Patients” Dis. of the Colon and Rectum 2005 Sep, 48:1723-7
140. Sogn JA, Anton-Culver H, Singer DS. Meeting report: NCI think tanks in cancer biology. Cancer Res 2005 Oct 15, 65:9117-20.
141. Begg CB, Orlow I, Hummer AJ, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Anton-Culver H, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Mitra N, Busam K, From L, Berwick M, Genes Environment and Melanoma Study Group. Lifetime risk of melanoma in CDKN2A mutation carriers in a population-based sample. J Natl Cancer Inst 2005 Oct 19, 97:1507-15
142. Millikan RC, Hummer A, Begg C, Player J, De Cotrét AR, Winkel S, Mohrenweiser H, Thomas N, Armstrong B, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Gruber SB, Culver HA, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Busam K, From L, Mujumdar U, and Berwick, M for the GEM Study Group. Polymorphisms in nucleotide excision repair genes and risk of multiple primary melanoma: the Genes Environment and Melanoma Study. Carcinogenesis. 2006 March; 27(3): 610-18. Epub 2005 October 29.
143. Brewster WR, Hubbell FA, Largent J, Ziogas A, Lin F, Howe S, Ganiats TG, Anton-Culver H, Manetta A. Feasibility of management of high-grade cervical lesions in a single visit: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2005 Nov 2, 294:2182-7.
144. Zell, JA, Ou, S-HI, Ziogas, A, Anton-Culver, H. Epidemiology of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma: improvement in survival after release of the 1999 WHO classification of lung tumors. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2005 Nov 20; 23(33): 8396-405.
145. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Aboumrad T, Anton-Culver H. Changes in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: incidence, presentation, treatment, and survival. Cancer 2006 Jan 1, 106:128-35
146. Theuer CP, Taylor TH, Brewster WR, Anton-Culver H. Gender and race/ethnicity affect the cost-effectiveness of colorectal cancer screening. J Natl Med Assoc 2006 Jan, 98:51-7
147. Crawford NPS, Ziogas A, Peel DJ, Hess J, Anton-Culver H, Hunter KW. Germline polymorphisms in SIPA1 are associated with metastasis and other indicators of poor prognosis in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research 2006, 8:R16 (21 March 2006)
148. Begg CB, Hummer AJ, Mujumdar, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Culver HA, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Busam K, From L, and Berwick M for the GEM Study Group. A design for cancer case-control studies using only incident cases: experience with the GEM study of melanoma. Int J Epidemiol. 2006 June; 35(3): 756-64. Epub 2006 March 23.
149. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Im T, Miradi M, Anton-Culver H. Improved survival and chemotherapy response among patients with AIDS-related non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy. Hematol Oncol 2006 Apr 10.
150. Taylor TH, Bringman D, Anton-Culver H. Malignancies following in situ cervical cancer in Hispanic Americans and non-Hispanic whites. Gynecol Oncol 2006 Jul 18.
151. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Im T, Miradi M, Wallace M, Anton-Culver H. Highly active antiretroviral therapy is associated with improved survival among patients with AIDS-related primary central nervous system non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Curr HIV Res 2006 Jul, 4:375-8
152. Largent JA, McEligot AJ, Ziogas A, Reid C, Hess J, Leighton N, Peel D, Anton-Culver H. Hypertension, diuretics and breast cancer risk. J Hum Hypertens 2006 Aug 3.
153. Zell JA, Ou SH, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Long-term survival differences for bronchiolo-alveolar carcinoma patients with ipsilateral intrapulmonary metastasis at diagnosis. Ann Oncol 2006 Aug, 17:1255-62.
154. Berwick M, Orlow I, Hummer AJ, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Anton-Culver H, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Kanetsky PA, Busam K, From L, Mujumdar U, Wilcox H, Begg CB, GEM Study Group. The prevalence of CDKN2A germ-line mutations and relative risk for cutaneous malignant melanoma: an international population-based study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006 Aug, 15:1520-5.
155. Kanetsky PA, Rebbeck TR, Hummer AJ, Panossian S, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Culver HA, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Busam K, From L, Mujumdar U, Wilcox H, Begg CB, and Berwick M, for the Genes Environment and Melanoma Study Group. Population-Based Study of Natural Vairation in the Melanocortin-1 Receptor Gene and Melanoma. Cancer Res 2006 Sept 15; 66(18): 9330-7.
156. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Im T, Anton-Culver H. Presentation and outcomes of systemic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a comparison between patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy and patients without AIDS. Leuk Lymphoma 2006 Sep, 47:1822-9.
157. Ou SH, Zell J, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the United States: improved survival of Chinese patients within the keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma histology. Ann Oncol 2007 Jan, 18:29-35. Epub 2006 October 23.
158. Raz DJ, Zell JA, Karnezis AN, Odisho A, Ignatius Ou SH, Anton-Culver H, Jablons DM; Misclassification of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma with cytologic diagnosis of lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol 2006 Nov, 1:943-8.
159. Matthews AG, Betensky RA, Anton-Culver H, Bowen D, Griffin C, Isaacs C, Kasten C, Mineau G, Nayfield S, Schildkraut J, Strong L, Weber B, Finkelstein DM. Analysis of co-aggregation of cancer based on registry data. Community Genet 2006, 9:87-92.
160. McEligot AJ, Largent J, Ziogas A, Peel D, Anton-Culver H. Dietary fat, fiber, vegetable, and micronutrients are associated with overall survival in postmenopausal women diagnosed with breast cancer. Nutr Cancer 2006, 55:132-40.
161. Kricker A, Armstrong BK, Goumas C, Litchfield M, Begg CB, Hummer AJ, Marrett LD, Theis B, Millikan RC, Thomas N, Culver HA, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Kanetsky PA, Busam K, From L, Mujumdar U, Zanetti R, and Berwick M for the GEM Study Group. Ambient UV, personal sun exposure and risk of multiple primary melanomas. Cancer Causes Control 2007 April; 18(3): 295-304. Epub 2007 January 6.
162. Chang ET, Lee VS, Canchola AJ, Clarke CA, Purdie DM, Reynolds P, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein L, Deapen D, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, Stram DO, West DW, Wright W, Ziogas A, Horn-Ross PL. Diet and Risk of Ovarian Cancer in the California Teachers Study Cohort. Am J Epidemiology. 2007 Jan 8.
163. Orlow I, Begg CB, Cotignola J, Roy P, Hummer AJ, Clas BA, Mujumdar U, Canchola R, Armstrong BK, Kricker A, Marrett LD, Millikan RC, Gruber SB, Anton-Culver H, Zanetti R, Gallagher RP, Dwyer T, Rebbeck TR, Kanetsky PA, Wilcox H, Busam K, From L, Berwick M. CDKN2A Germline Mutations in Individuals with Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2007 May; 127(5): 1234-43. Epub 2007 Jan 11.
164. Zell JA, Ignatenko NA, Yerushalmi HF, Ziogas A, Besselsen DG, Gerner EW, Anton-Culver H, Risk and risk reduction involving arginine intake and meat consumption in colorectal tumorigenesis and survival. Int J Cancer 2007 Feb 1, 120:459-68.
165. Chang ET, Canchola AJ, Lee VS, Clarke CA, Purdie DM, Reynolds P, Bernstein L, Stram DO, Anton-Culver H, Deapen D, Mohrenweiser H, Peel D, Pinder R, Ross RK, West DW, Wright W, Ziogas A, Horn-Ross PL. Wine and other alcohol consumption and risk of ovarian cancer in the California Teachers Study cohort. Cancer Causes Control 2007 Feb, 18:91-103.
166. Dallal CM, Sullivan-Halley J, Ross RK, Wang Y, Deapen D, Horn-Ross PL, Reynolds P, Stram DO, Clarke CA, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Peel D, West DW, Wright W, Bernstein L; Long-term recreational physical activity and risk of invasive and in situ breast cancer: the California teachers study. Arch Intern Med 2007 Feb 26, 167:408-15.
167. Diamond C, Taylor TH, Im T, Wallace M, Saven A, Anton-Culver H How valid is using cancer registries' data to identify acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? Cancer Causes Control 2007 Mar, 18:135-42.
168. Reid CL, Anton-Culver H, Yunis C, Gardin JM; Prevalence and clinical correlates of isolated mitral, isolated aortic regurgitation, and both in adults aged 21 to 35 years (from the CARDIA study). Am J Cardiol 2007, Mar 15, 99:830-4.
169. Mai PL, Sullivan-Halley J, Ursin G, Stram DO, Deapen D, Villaluna D, Horn-Ross PL, Clarke CA, Reynolds P, Ross RK, West DW, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Bernstein L; Physical activity and colon cancer risk among women in the California Teachers Study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007 Mar, 16:517-25.
170. Zell JA, Rhee JM, Ziogas A, Lipkin SM, Anton-Culver H. Race, socioeconomic status, treatment, and survival time among pancreatic cancer cases in California. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007 Mar, 16:546-52.
171. Largent JA, Capanu M, Bernstein L, Langholz B, Mellemkaer L, Malone KE, Begg CB, Haile RW, Lynch CF, Anton-Culver H, Wolitzer A, Bernstein JL, Reproductive history and risk of second primary breast cancer: the WECARE study. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prev; 2007 May, 16:906-11.
172. Raz DJ, Zell JA, Ou SH, Gandara DR, Anton-Culver H, Jablons DM, Natural history of stage I non-small cell lung cancer: implications for early detection. Chest 2007 Jul, 132:193-9.
173. Ou SH, Zell JA, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Prognostic factors for survival of stage I nonsmall cell lung cancer patients : a population-based analysis of 19,702 stage I patients in the California Cancer Registry from 1989 to 2003. Cancer 2007 Oct 1, 110:1532-41.
174. Parmigiani G, Chen S, Iversen ES, Friebel TM, Finkelstein DM, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Weber BL, Eisen A, Malone KE, Daling JR, Hsu L, Ostrander EA, Peterson LE, Schildkraut JM, Isaacs C, Corio C, Leondaridis L, Tomlinson G, Amos CI, Strong LC, Berry DA, Weitzel JN, Sand S, Dutson D, Kerber R, Peshkin BN, Euhus DM, Validity of models for predicting BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. Ann Intern Med 2007 Oct 2, 147:441-50.
175. Templeman C, Marshall SF, Ursin G, Horn-Ross PL, Clarke CA, Allen M, Deapen D, Ziogas A, Reynolds P, Cress R, Anton-Culver H, West D, Ross RK, Bernstein L, Adenomyosis and endometriosis in the California Teachers Study. Fertil Steril 2007 Oct 3.
176. Ou SH, Zell JA, Ziogas A, and Anton-Culver H, Prognostic significance of the non-size based AJCC T2 descriptors: visceral pleura invasion (VPI), hilar atelectasis or obstructive pneumonitis in stage IB non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is dependent on tumor size. Chest 2007 Oct 9.
177. Crawford NP, Qian X, Ziogas A, Papageorge AG, Boersma BJ, Walker RC, Lukes L, Rowe WL, Zhang J, Ambs S, Lowy DR, Anton-Culver H, Hunter KW, Rrp1b, a new candidate susceptibility gene for breast cancer progression and metastasis. PLoS Genet 2007 Nov 30, 3:e214.
178. Zell JA, Ignatius Ou SH, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Validation of the proposed International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer non-small cell lung cancer staging system revisions for advanced bronchioloalveolar carcinoma using data from the California Cancer Registry. J Thorac Oncol 2007 Dec, 2:1078-85.
179. Satram-Hoang S, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Risk of second primary cancer in men with breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res 2007, 9:R10.
180. Meyskens FL, Farmer PJ, Yang S, Anton-Culver H New perspectives on melanoma pathogenesis and chemoprevention. Recent Results Cancer Res 2007, 174:191-5.
181. Zell JA, McEligot AJ, Ziogas A, Holcombe RF, Anton-Culver H, Differential effects of wine consumption on colorectal cancer outcomes based on family history of the disease. Nutr Cancer 2007, 59:36-45.
182. Zell JA, Ou SH, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Survival improvements for advanced stage nonbronchioloalveolar carcinoma-type nonsmall cell lung cancer cases with ipsilateral intrapulmonary nodules. Cancer 2008 Jan 1, 112:136-43.
183. Zell JA, Cinar P, Mobasher M, Ziogas A, Meyskens FL, Anton-Culver H, Survival for patients with invasive cutaneous melanoma among ethnic groups: the effects of socioeconomic status and treatment. J Clin Oncol 2008 Jan 1, 26:66-75.
184. Bertelsen L, Bernstein L, Olsen JH, Mellemkjaer L, Haile RW, Lynch CF, Malone KE, Anton-Culver H, Christensen J, Langholz B, Thomas DC, Begg CB, Capanu M, Ejlertsen B, Stovall M, Boice JD, Shore RE. Effect of systemic adjuvant treatment on risk for contralateral breast cancer in the Women's Environment, Cancer and Radiation Epidemiology Study. Women's Environment, Cancer and Radiation Epidemiology Study Collaborative Group , Bernstein JL, J Natl Cancer Inst 2008 Jan 2, 100:32-40.
185. Begg CB, Haile RW, Borg A, Malone KE, Concannon P, Thomas DC, Langholz B, Bernstein L, Olsen JH, Lynch CF, Anton-Culver H, Capanu M, Liang X, Hummer AJ, Sima C, Bernstein JL, Variation of breast cancer risk among BRCA1/2 carriers. JAMA 2008 Jan 9, 299:194-201.
186. Yarosh W, Barrientos T, Esmailpour T, Lin L, Carpenter PM, Osann K, Anton-Culver H, Huang T, TBX3 is overexpressed in breast cancer and represses p14 ARF by interacting with histone deacetylases. Cancer Res 2008 Feb 1, 68:693-9.
187. Figueiredo JC, Bernstein L, Capanu M, Malone KE, Lynch CF, Anton-Culver H, Stovall M, Bertelsen L, Haile RW, Bernstein JL, Oral Contraceptives, Postmenopausal Hormones, and Risk of Asynchronous Bilateral Breast Cancer: The WECARE Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2008 Feb 4.
188. Simoneau AR, Gerner EW, Nagle R, Ziogas A, Fujikawa-Brooks S, Yerushalmi H, Ahlering TE, Lieberman R, McLaren CE, Anton-Culver H, Meyskens FL, The effect of difluoromethylornithine on decreasing prostate size and polyamines in men: results of a year-long phase IIb randomized placebo-controlled chemoprevention trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008 Feb; 17(2):292-9.
189. Wenzel L, Bowen D, Habbal R, Leighton N, Vu T, Anton-Culver H, Testing targeted approaches to enhance Cancer Genetics Network minority recruitment within Asian populations. Community Genet 2008, 11:234-40.
190. Antoniou AC, Cunningham AP, Peto J, Evans DG, Lalloo F, Narod SA, Risch HA, Eyfjord JE, Hopper JL, Southey MC, Olsson H, Johannsson O, Borg A, Pasini B, Passini B, Radice P, Manoukian S, Eccles DM, Tang N, Olah E, Anton-Culver H, Warner E, Lubinski J, Gronwald J, Gorski B, Tryggvadottir L, Syrjakoski K, Kallioniemi OP, Eerola H, Nevanlinna H, Pharoah PD, Easton DF. The BOADICEA model of genetic susceptibility to breast and ovarian cancers: updates and extensions. Br J Cancer 2008; Apr 22, 98:1457-66.
191. Ou SH, Zell JA, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Low socioeconomic status is a poor prognostic factor for survival in stage independent of surgical treatment, race, and marital status. Cancer 2008 May 1, 112:2011-20.
192. Stovall M, Smith SA, Langholz BM, Boice JD, Shore RE, Andersson M, Buchholz TA, Capanu M, Bernstein L, Lynch CF, Malone KE, Anton-Culver H, Haile RW, Rosenstein BS, Reiner AS, Thomas DC, Bernstein JL, WECARE Study Collaborative Group, Dose to the Contralateral Breast from Radiotherapy and Risk of Second Primary Breast Cancer in the WECARE Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008 Jun 13.
193. Chao EC, Velasquez JL, Witherspoon MS, Rozek LS, Peel D, Ng P, Gruber SB, Watson P, Rennert G, Anton-Culver H, Lynch H, Lipkin SM Accurate classification of MLH1/MSH2 missense variants with multivariate analysis of protein polymorphisms-mismatch repair (MAPP-MMR). Hum Mutat 2008 Jun, 29:852-60.
194. Barton JC, Leiendecker-Foster C, Reboussin DM, Adams PC, Acton RT, Eckfeldt JH; Hemochromatosis and Iron Overload Screening Study Research Investigators. Collaborators (113) Acton RT, Barton JC, Dixon D, Ferguson S, Jones R, McKnight J, Rivers CA, Tucker D, Ware JC, McLaren CE, McLaren GD, Anton-Culver H, Baca JA, Bent TC, Brunner LC, Dao MM, Jorgensen KS, Kuniyoshi J, Le HD, Masatsugu MK, Meyskens FL, Morohashi D, Nguyen HP, Panagon SN, Phung C, Raymundo V, Ton T, Walker AP, Wenzel LB, Ziogas A, Adams PC, Bloch E, Chakrabarti S, Fleischhauer A, Harrison H, Jia K, Larson S, Lin E, Lopez M, Nguyen L, Pepper C, Power T, Speechley M, Sun D, Woelfle D, Harris EL, Aickin M, Baker E, Erwin M, Holup J, Lloyd C, Press N, Press RD, Reiss J, Ritenbaugh C, Uchida E, Vogt T, Yim D, Gordeuk VR, Dawkins FW, Fadojutimi-Akinsiku M, Castro O, White-Coleman D, Gerald M, Harrison BW, Lewis-Jack O, Murray RF, McDonald-Pinkett S, Rock A, Romagoza J, Williams R, Eckfeldt JH, DelRio-LaFreniere S, Leiendecker-Foster C, McGlennen RC, Rynders G, Tsai MY, Wang X, Reboussin DM, Snively BM, Anderson R, Bostic E, Craven BL, Ellis S, Furberg C, Griffin J, Hall M, Harris D, Henkin L, Jackson S, Jewett T, King MD, Lohman K, Lovato L, Michaleckyj J, Palla S, Parks T, Passmore L, Phatak P, Rich S, Ruggiero A, Vitolins M, Wolgast G, Zaccaro D, Sholinsky P, Bookman E, Chang H, Fabsitz R, Jaquish C, Manolio T, O'Neill L, Thomson E, MacCluer J Thyroid-stimulating hormone and free thyroxine levels in persons with HFE C282Y homozygosity, a common hemochromatosis genotype: the HEIRS study. Thyroid. 2008 Aug; 18(8):831-8.
195. Concannon P, Haile RW, Børresen-Dale AL, Rosenstein BS, Gatti RA, Teraoka SN, Diep TA, Jansen L, Atencio DP, Langholz B, Capanu M, Liang X, Begg CB, Thomas DC, Bernstein L, Olsen JH, Malone KE, Lynch CF, Anton-Culver H, Bernstein JL. Variants in the ATM gene associated with a reduced risk of contralateral breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2008 Aug 15;68(16):6486-91.PMID: 18701470
196. De Alba I, Anton-Culver H, Hubbell FA, Ziogas A, Hess JR, Bracho A, Arias C, Manetta A Self-sampling for human papillomavirus in a community setting: feasibility in Hispanic women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2008; Aug, 17:2163-8.
197. Glaser SL, Gulley ML, Clarke CA, Keegan TH, Chang ET, Shema SJ, Craig FE, Digiuseppe JA, Dorfman RF, Mann RB, Anton-Culver H, Ambinder RF. Racial/ethnic variation in EBV-Positive classical Hodgkin lymphoma in California populations. Int J Cancer 2008; Oct 1, 123:1499-507.
198. Neklason DW, Kerber RA, Nilson DB, Anton-Culver H, Schwartz AG, Griffin CA, Lowery JT, Schildkraut JM, Evans JP, Tomlinson GE, Strong LC, Miller AR, Stopfer JE, Finkelstein DM, Nadkarni PM, Kasten CH, Mineau GP, Burt RW. Anton-Culver H, Common familial colorectal cancer linked to chromosome 7q31: a genome-wide analysis. Cancer Res 2008; Nov 1, 68:8993-7.
199. Zell JA, Honda J, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H. Survival after colorectal cancer diagnosis is associated with colorectal cancer family history. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2008; Nov, 17:3134-40.
200. McLaren GD, McLaren CE, Adams PC, Barton JC, Reboussin DM, Gordeuk VR, Acton RT, Harris EL, Speechley MR, Sholinsky P, Dawkins FW, Snively BM, Vogt TM, Eckfeldt JH; Hemochromatosis and Iron Overload Screen (HEIRS) Study Research Investigators. Collaborators (114) Acton RT, Barton JC, Dixon D, Ferguson S, Jones R, McKnight J, Rivers CA, Tucker D, Ware JC, McLaren CE, McLaren GD, Anton-Culver H, Baca JA, Bent TC, Brunner LC, Dao MM, Jorgensen KS, Kuniyoshi J, Le HD, Masatsugu MK, Meyskens FL, Morohashi D, Nguyen HP, Panagon SN, Phung C, Raymundo V, Ton T, Walker AP, Wenzel LB, Ziogas A, Adams PC, Bloch E, Chakrabarti S, Fleischhauer A, Harrison H, Jia K, Larson S, Lin E, Lopez M, Nguyen L, Pepper C, Power T, Speechley M, Sun D, Woelfle D, Harris EL, Aickin M, Baker E, Erwin M, Holup J, Lloyd C, Press N, Press RD, Reiss J, Ritenbaugh C, Uchida E, Vogt T, Yim D, Gordeuk VR, Dawkins FW, Fadojutimi-Akinsiku M, Castro O, White-Coleman D, Gerald M, Harrison B, Lewis-Jack O, Murray RF, McDonald-Pinkett S, Rock A, Romagoza J, Williams R, Eckfeldt JH, DelRio-LaFreniere S, Leiendecker-Foster C, McGlennen RC, Rynders G, Tsai MY, Wang X, Reboussin DM, Snively BM, Anderson R, Balasubramanyam A, Bostic E, Craven BL, Ellis S, Furberg C, Griffin J, Hall M, Harris D, Henkin L, Jackson S, Jewett T, King MD, Lohman K, Lovato L, Michaleckyj J, Palla S, Parks T, Passmore L, Phatak PD, Rich S, Ruggiero A, Vitolins M, Wolgast G, Zaccaro D, Sholinsky P, Bookman E, Chang H, Cooper K, Fabsitz R, Jaquish C, Manolio T, O'Neill L, Thompson E. Clinical manifestations of hemochromatosis in HFE C282Y homozygotes identified by screening.Can J Gastroenterol. 2008 Nov; 22(11):923-30.
201. Palmieri RT, Wilson MA, Iversen ES, Clyde MA, Calingaert B, Moorman PG, Poole C, Anderson AR, Anderson S, Anton-Culver H, Beesley J, Hogdall E, Brewster W, Carney ME, Chen X, Chenevix-Trench G, Chang-Claude J, Cunningham JM, Dicioccio RA, Doherty JA, Easton DF, Edlund CK, Gayther SA, Gentry-Maharaj A, Goode EL, Goodman MT, Kjaer SK, Hogdall CK, Hopkins MP, Jenison EL, Blaakaer J, Lurie G, McGuire V, Menon U, Moysich KB, Ness RB, Pearce CL, Pharoah PD, Pike MC, Ramus SJ, Rossing MA, Song H, Terada KY, Vandenberg D, Vierkant RA, Wang-Gohrke S, Webb PM, Whittemore AS, Wu AH, Ziogas A, Berchuck A, Schildkraut JM, Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium , Australian Cancer Study (Ovarian Cancer Group) , Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group. Polymorphism in the IL18 gene and epithelial ovarian cancer in non-Hispanic white women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2008; Dec; 17:3567-72.
202. McEligot AJ, Im T, Dillman RO, West JG, Salem R, Haque R, Anton-Culver H, Abstracting height and weight from medical records, and breast cancer pathologic factors. Cancer Causes Control 2008; Dec, 19:1217-26.
203. Pearce CL, Near AM, Van Den Berg DJ, Ramus SJ, Gentry-Maharaj A, Menon U, Gayther SA, Anderson AR, Edlund CK, Wu AH, Chen X, Beesley J, Webb PM, Holt SK, Chen C, Doherty JA, Rossing MA, Whittemore AS, McGuire V, DiCioccio RA, Goodman MT, Lurie G, Carney ME, Wilkens LR, Ness RB, Moysich KB, Edwards R, Jennison E, Kjaer SK, Hogdall E, Hogdall CK, Goode EL, Sellers TA, Vierkant RA, Cunningham JC, Schildkraut JM, Berchuck A, Moorman PG, Iversen ES, Cramer DW, Terry KL, Vitonis AF, Titus-Ernstoff L, Song H, Pharoah PD, Spurdle AB, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Brewster W, Galitovskiy V, Chenevix-Trench G, Australian Cancer Study, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group. Validating genetic risk associations for ovarian cancer through the international Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium. Br J Cancer 2009; Jan 27, 100:412-20.
204. Lu Y. Sullivan-Halley J, Cozen W, Chang ET, Henderson K, Ma H, Deapen D, Clarke C, Reynolds P, Neuhausen SL, Anton-Culver H, Ursin G, West D, Bernstein L., Family history of hematopoietic malignancies and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma risk in the California Teachers Study. Br J Cancer 2009; Feb 10, 100:524-6.
205. Knight JA, Bernstein L, Largent J, Capanu M, Begg CB, Mellemkjaer L, Lynch CF, Malone KE, Reiner AS, Liang X, Haile RW, Boice JD Jr; WECARE Study Collaborative Group, Bernstein JL. Collaborators (43) Bernstein JL, Begg C, Capanu M, Liang X, Reiner AS, Orlow I, Layne T, Bernstein L, Donnelly-Allen L, Olsen JH, Andersson M, Bertelsen L, Guldberg P, Mellemkjaer L, Malone KE, Epstein N, Boice JD Jr, Atencio DP, Seminara D, Shore RE, Anton-Culver H, Largent J, Gatti RA, Lynch CF, DeWall J, Haile RW, Langholz BM, Thomas DC, Diep AT, Xue S, Zhou N, Liu Y, Ter-Karapetova E, Thompson WD, Stovall M, Smith S, Concannon P, Teraoka S, Olson ER, Morrison VA, Cerosaletti KM, Navarro L, Wright J. Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada. Alcohol intake and cigarette smoking and risk of a contralateral breast cancer: The Women's Environmental Cancer and Radiation Epidemiology Study. Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Apr 15; 169(8):962-8. Epub 2009 Feb 11. firstname.lastname@example.org
206. Zell JA. Tsang WY, Taylor TH, Mehta RS, Anton-Culver H. Prognostic impact of human epidermal growth factor-like receptor 2 and hormone receptor status in inflammatory breast cancer (IBC): analysis of 2,014 IBC patient cases from the California Cancer Registry. Breast Cancer Res 2009; 11:R9
207. Yu Z., Garner C, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H, Schaid DJ. Genotype determination for polymorphisms in linkage disequilibrium.BMC Bioinformatics 2009; 10:63.
208. Dunning AM, Healey CS, Baynes C, Maia AT, Scollen S, Vega A, Rodríguez R, Barbosa-Morais NL, Ponder BA, SEARCH , Low YL, Bingham S, EPIC , Haiman CA, Le Marchand L, MEC , Broeks A, Schmidt MK, ABCS , Hopper J, Southey M, ABCFS , Beckmann MW, Fasching PA, BBCC , Peto J, Johnson N, BBCS , Bojesen SE, Nordestgaard B, CGPS , Milne RL, Benitez J, CNIO-BCS , Hamann U, Ko Y, GENICA , Schmutzler RK, Burwinkel B, GC-HBOC , Schürmann P, Dörk T, HABCS , Heikkinen T, Nevanlinna H, HEBCS , Lindblom A, Margolin S, KARBAC , Mannermaa A, Kosma VM, KBCS , Chen X, Spurdle A, kConFab and the AOCS Management Group , Change-Claude J, Flesch-Janys D, MARIE , Couch FJ, Olson JE, for MCBCS , Severi G, Baglietto L, MCCS , Børresen-Dale AL, Kristensen V, NBCS , Hunter DJ, Hankinson SE, NHS , Devilee P, Vreeswijk M, ORIGO , Lissowska J, Brinton L, PBCS , Liu J, Hall P, SASBAC , Kang D, Yoo KY, SEBCS , Shen CY, Yu JC, TWBCS , Anton-Culver H, Ziogoas A, UCIBCS , Sigurdson A, Struewing J, USRTS , Easton DF, Garcia-Closas M, Humphreys MK, Morrison J, Pharoah PD, Pooley KA, Chenevix-Trench G, BCAC Association of ESR1 gene tagging SNPs with breast cancer risk. Hum Mol Genet 2009; Mar 15, 18:1131-9.
209. Schildkraut JM, Goode EL, Clyde MA, Iversen ES, Moorman PG, Berchuck A, Marks JR, Lissowska J, Brinton L, Peplonska B, Cunningham JM, Vierkant RA, Rider DN, Chenevix-Trench G, Webb PM, Beesley J, Chen X, Phelan C, Sutphen R, Sellers TA, Pearce L, Wu AH, Van Den Berg D, Conti D, Elund CK, Anderson R, Goodman MT, Lurie G, Carney ME, Thompson PJ, Gayther SA, Ramus SJ, Jacobs I, Krüger Kjaer S, Hogdall E, Blaakaer J, Hogdall C, Easton DF, Song H, Pharoah PD, Whittemore AS, McGuire V, Quaye L, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Terry KL, Cramer DW, Hankinson SE, Tworoger SS, Calingaert B, Chanock S, Sherman M, Garcia-Closas M, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the TP53 region and susceptibility to invasive epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Res 2009; Mar 15, 69:2349-57.
210. Ahmed S, Thomas G, Ghoussaini M, Healey CS, Humphreys MK, Platte R, Morrison J, Maranian M, Pooley KA, Luben R, Eccles D, Evans DG, Fletcher O, Johnson N, dos Santos Silva I, Peto J, Stratton MR, Rahman N, Jacobs K, Prentice R, Anderson GL, Rajkovic A, Curb JD, Ziegler RG, Berg CD, Buys SS, McCarty CA, Feigelson HS, Calle EE, Thun MJ, Diver WR, Bojesen S, Nordestgaard BG, Flyger H, Dörk T, Schürmann P, Hillemanns P, Karstens JH, Bogdanova NV, Antonenkova NN, Zalutsky IV, Bermisheva M, Fedorova S, Khusnutdinova E, SEARCH , Kang D, Yoo KY, Noh DY, Ahn SH, Devilee P, van Asperen CJ, Tollenaar RA, Seynaeve C, Garcia-Closas M, Lissowska J, Brinton L, Peplonska B, Nevanlinna H, Heikkinen T, Aittomäki K, Blomqvist C, Hopper JL, Southey MC, Smith L, Spurdle AB, Schmidt MK, Broeks A, van Hien RR, Cornelissen S, Milne RL, Ribas G, González-Neira A, Benitez J, Schmutzler RK, Burwinkel B, Bartram CR, Meindl A, Brauch H, Justenhoven C, Hamann U, GENICA Consortium , Chang-Claude J, Hein R, Wang-Gohrke S, Lindblom A, Margolin S, Mannermaa A, Kosma VM, Kataja V, Olson JE, Wang X, Fredericksen Z, Giles GG, Severi G, Baglietto L, English DR, Hankinson SE, Cox DG, Kraft P, Vatten LJ, Hveem K, Kumle M, Sigurdson A, Doody M, Bhatti P, Alexander BH, Hooning MJ, van den Ouweland AM, Oldenburg RA, Schutte M, Hall P, Czene K, Liu J, Li Y, Cox A, Elliott G, Brock I, Reed MW, Shen CY, Yu JC, Hsu GC, Chen ST, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Andrulis IL, Knight JA, kConFab , Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group , Beesley J, Goode EL, Couch F, Chenevix-Trench G, Hoover RN, Ponder BA, Hunter DJ, Pharoah PD, Dunning AM, Chanock SJ, Easton DF. Newly discovered breast cancer susceptibility loci on 3p24 and 17q23.2. Nat Genet 2009; May, 41:585-90.
211. Gaudet MM, Milne RL, Cox A, Camp NJ, Goode EL, Humphreys MK, Dunning AM, Morrison J, Giles GG, Severi G, Baglietto L, English DR, Couch FJ, Olson JE, Wang X, Chang-Claude J, Flesch-Janys D, Abbas S, Salazar R, Mannermaa A, Kataja V, Kosma VM, Lindblom A, Margolin S, Heikkinen T, Kämpjärvi K, Aaltonen K, Nevanlinna H, Bogdanova N, Coinac I, Schürmann P, Dörk T, Bartram CR, Schmutzler RK, Tchatchou S, Burwinkel B, Brauch H, Torres D, Hamann U, Justenhoven C, Ribas G, Arias JI, Benitez J, Bojesen SE, Nordestgaard BG, Flyger HL, Peto J, Fletcher O, Johnson N, Dos Santos Silva I, Fasching PA, Beckmann MW, Strick R, Ekici AB, Broeks A, Schmidt MK, van Leeuwen FE, Van't Veer LJ, Southey MC, Hopper JL, Apicella C, Haiman CA, Henderson BE, Le Marchand L, Kolonel LN, Kristensen V, Grenaker Alnaes G, Hunter DJ, Kraft P, Cox DG, Hankinson SE, Seynaeve C, Vreeswijk MP, Tollenaar RA, Devilee P, Chanock S, Lissowska J, Brinton L, Peplonska B, Czene K, Hall P, Li Y, Liu J, Balasubramanian S, Rafii S, Reed MW, Pooley KA, Conroy D, Baynes C, Kang D, Yoo KY, Noh DY, Ahn SH, Shen CY, Wang HC, Yu JC, Wu PE, Anton-Culver H, Ziogoas A, Egan K, Newcomb P, Titus-Ernstoff L, Trentham Dietz A, Sigurdson AJ, Alexander BH, Bhatti P, Allen-Brady K, Cannon-Albright LA, Wong J, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group , Chenevix-Trench G, Spurdle AB, Beesley J, Pharoah PD, Easton DF, Garcia-Closas M, Breast Cancer Association Consortium. Five polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: results from the Breast Cancer Association Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009; May, 18:1610-6.
212. Kent EE, Sender LS, Largent JA, Anton-Culver H. Leukemia survival in children, adolescents, and young adults: influence of socioeconomic status and other demographic factors.Cancer Causes Control 2009 Jun 4.
213. Song H, Ramus SJ, Kjaer SK, DiCioccio RA, Chenevix-Trench G, Pearce CL, Hogdall E, Whittemore AS, McGuire V, Hogdall C, Blaakaer J, Wu AH, Van Den Berg DJ, Stram DO, Menon U, Gentry-Maharaj A, Jacobs IJ, Webb PM, Beesley J, Chen X, Australian Cancer (Ovarian) Study , Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group , Rossing MA, Doherty JA, Chang-Claude J, Wang-Gohrke S, Goodman MT, Lurie G, Thompson PJ, Carney ME, Ness RB, Moysich K, Goode EL, Vierkant RA, Cunningham JM, Anderson S, Schildkraut JM, Berchuck A, Iversen ES, Moorman PG, Garcia-Closas M, Chanock S, Lissowska J, Brinton L, Anton-Culver H, Ziogas A, Brewster WR, Ponder BA, Easton DF, Gayther SA, Pharoah PD, Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium (OCAC). Association between invasive ovarian cancer susceptibility and 11 best candidate SNPs from breast cancer genome-wide association study. Hum Mol Genet 2009; Jun 15, 18:2297-304.
214. Milne RL, Benítez J, Nevanlinna H, Heikkinen T, Aittomäki K, Blomqvist C, Arias JI, Zamora MP, Burwinkel B, Bartram CR, Meindl A, Schmutzler RK, Cox A, Brock I
|Grants||CURRENT AWARDS (Partial Listing)|
|University of California Multicampus Research Program Initiative, ATHENA Breast Health Network (2010-2012)|
|Massachusetts General Hospital, NIH National Cancer Institute, Cancer Genetic Network, Co-PI with Argyrios Ziogas,PhD (2007-2012)|
|NIH National Cancer Institute, Hereditary Breast Cancer: Genetic and Molecular Studies (1994-2011)|
|NIH National Cancer Institute, Enhanced Single-Visit Cervical Cancer Screening Program (1998-2011)|
|Beckman Research Institute - City of Hope, NIH National Cancer Institute, California Teacher Study (CTS), Site PI, Hoda Anton-Culver, Ph.D. with PI Leslie Bernstein,PhD (2007-2015)|
|Safeway Foundation, ATHENA Breast Health Network (2009-2011)|
|NIH National Cancer Institute, Middle East Cancer Consortium (MECC) Courtesy Associates (2008-2011)|
American Asociation of Cancer Research (AACR)
American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO)
American College of Epidemiology (ACE)
American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG)
Society of Epidemiology Research (SER)
Cellular and Molecular Biosciences
|Research Center||Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute|
|Link to this profile||http://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=2911|